Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theo ..... broken shoulder!!!

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Default Theo ..... broken shoulder!!!

Wow!!! Such guts and determination

https://www.totalrl.com/saints-star-...-on-sidelines/

Learning All The Songs

Lame excuse for going off............................................... ..........................................

I’m sure a few people on here will still slaughter him….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Presumably it was already broken before the cup final then? Hence him missing games and having painkilling injections etc. before the final.

But...thinking about it...surely he wouldn't have been played with a fractured shoulder?? Because that is insane, not like it's a finger or toe, it's one of the most complex, unstable joints in the body!

Maybe it was injured but they just didn't realise it was fractured until after Wembley?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Soft... A footballer would just carry on

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Presumably it was already broken before the cup final then? Hence him missing games and having painkilling injections etc. before the final.

But...thinking about it...surely he wouldn't have been played with a fractured shoulder?? Because that is insane, not like it's a finger or toe, it's one of the most complex, unstable joints in the body!

Maybe it was injured but they just didn't realise it was fractured until after Wembley?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Its quite possible that it wasn't giving him trouble in the training week leading up to the final, but he took about 3 heavy knocks on that shoulder in the first quarter, probably too much for a pain killing injection shoulder.

Starting A Programme Collection

Respect, gutsy man. I wonder if him going to Huddersfield influenced his decision ? No wonder he couldn't pass the ball properly.

In The South Stand

I know players play with knocks but don’t let me hear clubs banging on about duty of care for players if they’re happy to send them out with a fractured shoulder pumped full of anaesthetic when they could easily pick a different player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Couldn't they just taped it up like John Wilkins nose? Real Man............................................... .......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Fair play to the lad playing with that. I didn’t notice live but watching the game back yesterday you can see him literally playing with one arm. He jumps up and catches a Cas ball carrier high because thats alls he could do. His other arm was just hanging by his side
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    I know players play with knocks but don’t let me hear clubs banging on about duty of care for players if they’re happy to send them out with a fractured shoulder pumped full of anaesthetic when they could easily pick a different player.

I said on Saturday, you would think the club would have learned from the Percival fiasco during last years cup semi. We dodged a bullet on Saturday in that Welsby came on and actually improved us. It may not have worked out that way though.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

A little niggle to Lomax and the Dodd Welsby question may be answered sooner than expected as Fages will not be rushed back if at all. Perhaps Hudds may like to contribute to his treatment.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

As I mentioned on another thread he had a heavy tackle after about 15 minutes where 2 players landed on him and his arms got splayed out. He was buggered after that. Wonder if that will have been Theo's last game for us? Not really sure how long a broken shoulder takes to heal.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    As I mentioned on another thread he had a heavy tackle after about 15 minutes where 2 players landed on him and his arms got splayed out. He was buggered after that. Wonder if that will have been Theo's last game for us? Not really sure how long a broken shoulder takes to heal.
    They said he had an injection for a rotator cuff injury which is quite feasible. I can't believe they sent him out with a fractured shoulder unless it was misdiagnosed. I think either a seperate injury from the tackle you mention or a misdiagnosis of an injury made worse in that tackle. I wonder which bone he has broken, recovery time could depend on which it is.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I thought he was awful in the first half and was saying so but a broken shoulder....I take my hat off to him or 'chapeau' as they say.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Personally, I’d keep Welsby floating and would give Dodd a shot at 7 now, let’s see if he can make that spot his own bearing in mind Theo is moving on.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Personally, I’d keep Welsby floating and would give Dodd a shot at 7 now, let’s see if he can make that spot his own bearing in mind Theo is moving on.
    Welsby has a unique temperament.

Woolf: Jack, might want you to play prop today.

Welsby: Boss, I will play anywhere as long as I’m in the team.

Broken shoulder is bad enough. I broke mine (greater tuberosity) which is bad enough but as my physio said, the nerves under the shoulder are like Clapham Junction in that there's so many passing through there. The will get much better quality physio than me, but it will take a good while. I wish him all the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    It does make sense to give Dodd game time now in preparation for next year. It’s unfortunate for Welsby that all our three quarters are currently fit. But Welsby does need to be somewhere on the field. Regardless where he plays he seems to make things happen.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    It does make sense to give Dodd game time now in preparation for next year. It’s unfortunate for Welsby that all our three quarters are currently fit. But Welsby does need to be somewhere on the field. Regardless where he plays he seems to make things happen.
    Thought Coote was in a boot? We might see 1. Welsby 6. Lomax 7. Dodd in the coming weeks and give us a glimpse into the next year

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Thought Coote was in a boot? We might see 1. Welsby 6. Lomax 7. Dodd in the coming weeks and give us a glimpse into the next year
    Wow i wasn’t even aware Cootes hurt!!

Got A Season Ticket

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Broken shoulder is bad enough. I broke mine (greater tuberosity) which is bad enough but as my physio said, the nerves under the shoulder are like Clapham Junction in that there's so many passing through there. The will get much better quality physio than me, but it will take a good while. I wish him all the very best.
    I had the same fracture as you but also my shoulder was badly dislocated. Happened in January, put bsck in the same day and operated on about 3 days later. I'm just getting back to normal now. Obviously I'm much younger and fitter than Theo though.

Learning All The Songs

Rewatched the game last night

You can see his shoulder is limp about 20 mins in I think it is.
    Still throwing himself into tackles etc..
    Brave or stupid I guess.
    Lucky saints have Welsby ready to replace pretty much anyone.

This is one tough saints team with a brilliant work ethic.
    I think this is the best environment for the younger players to be intergrated into, and with players like Welsby adding his natural flare and skill things are looking good.

Still cant make my mind up on who needs replacing the most.
    Coote, theo, Kev N

If we could only bring in one player which is the most important.

I feel Welsby could do a job anywhere..
    Hopefully we will see Dodd play a lot more now Theo is injured.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Rewatched the game last night

You can see his shoulder is limp about 20 mins in I think it is.
    Still throwing himself into tackles etc..
    Brave or stupid I guess.
    Lucky saints have Welsby ready to replace pretty much anyone.

This is one tough saints team with a brilliant work ethic.
    I think this is the best environment for the younger players to be intergrated into, and with players like Welsby adding his natural flare and skill things are looking good.

Still cant make my mind up on who needs replacing the most.
    Coote, theo, Kev N

If we could only bring in one player which is the most important.

I feel Welsby could do a job anywhere..
    Hopefully we will see Dodd play a lot more now Theo is injured.
    He is brave. It was also stupid and could have cost us - sometimes the bravest thing to do is admit you might cost the team.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    He is brave. It was also stupid and could have cost us - sometimes the bravest thing to do is admit you might cost the team.

I agree with this. I can see why we were willing to take the risk knowing that we had Welsby on the bench who would be an excellent replacement. I do think that Theo should have been dragged off well before half time. It was obvious half way through the first half that he wasn't right. His 2 bad passes let them out of trouble & into the game & his inability to catch the ball let them score. Poor coaching by Woolf & the trainers there, you didn't need to be a sports physio to see his arm was wrecked.
    As it happens, taking him off at half time did the trick & Jack did what Jack does. The rest is history.