Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wembley tickets-entry to Wembley-NHS APP

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The guidance email says:

‘Proof of a Negative NHS Lateral Flow Test be within 48 hours of the event demonstrated via a text message or email from NHS Test and Trace or via the NHS App;’

So you’re fine with the text.
    Cheers mate, I thought so.

In The South Stand

It seems you'd have gained entry to Wembley with anything. I showed them a Halfords booking confirmation rather than my covid pass as I was dripping in sweat. They weren't checking anything. A screenshot of someone else's text would easily have got you in. Photo ID wasn't checked at all either.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It seems you'd have gained entry to Wembley with anything. I showed them a Halfords booking confirmation rather than my covid pass as I was dripping in sweat. They weren't checking anything. A screenshot of someone else's text would easily have got you in. Photo ID wasn't checked at all either.
    Got into Headingley today exactly the same. Just one guy giving out wristbands without checking anyone’s Covid status.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I'm guessing they've just banked on the idea that most will comply, they wouldn't get to the front of the queue and not produce something.

It's a test and the research would be fully aware there'd be people not playing ball, and helpful for them to see no issues

We got checked but wasn't a problem as had the required stuff. Thanks to those who helped me out with that earlier this month on here

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I was asked to prove i had my vaccinations.

Showed a screen shot of my records from the NHS app.

That was all i had to show.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I was asked to prove i had my vaccinations.

Showed a screen shot of my records from the NHS app.

That was all i had to show.
    I personally thought that all the stewarding, Covid test monitors, and crowd control was first class, and the atmosphere between both sets of fans was like the old days, generally good natured and friendly, unlike the Grand Final night when a days full drinking by the once a year mob sometimes brings out an unpleasant tribal warfare like atmosphere. A great day apart from the heat, how both teams managed to play with such speed is beyond me, salt tablets and electrolytes must work better than bottles of Bud

P.S. In future could we possibly book a singer who could actually sing in tune, I was embarrassed for the performer on Saturday who was the proof that some modern day singers are lost without studio "autotune"
    Last edited by Woolyback; 19th July 2021 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I personally thought that all the stewarding, Covid test monitors, and crowd control was first class, and the atmosphere between both sets of fans was like the old days, generally good natured and friendly, unlike the Grand Final night when a days full drinking by the once a year mob sometimes brings out an unpleasant tribal warfare like atmosphere. A great day apart from the heat, how both teams managed to play with such speed is beyond me, salt tablets and electrolytes must work better than bottles of Bud

Incredible effort from all 4 teams Saturday. It must have been exhausting

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

P.S. In future could we possibly book a singer who could actually sing in tune, I was embarrassed for the performer on Saturday who was the proof that some modern day singers are lost without studio "autotune"
    Completely agree, was a really good weekend the difference between challenge cup weekend and the grand final is unbelievable - it's just a brilliant weekend.

I think it should remain at Wembley, I don't know why we obsess over crowds, a number of the playoffs in football get nowhere near a sell out but it's not the end of the world.

I think if you move it from Wembley - you'll kill it once and for all

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I personally thought that all the stewarding, Covid test monitors, and crowd control was first class...
    I'd just like to add a security guard at one of the nearby apartment blocks to that list.
    My mate was taken ill on the way to the stadium (he's fine now) and she was brilliant help, phoned the ambulance, and calmed me down a bit in the process!
    Thanks Anna, you're a star!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'd just like to add a security guard at one of the nearby apartment blocks to that list.
    My mate was taken ill on the way to the stadium (he's fine now) and she was brilliant help, phoned the ambulance, and calmed me down a bit in the process!
    Thanks Anna, you're a star!
    While we're handing out praise, I'd like to thank the shot girls at the Green Man. I didn't have any shots, I'd just like to thank them.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    While we're handing out praise, I'd like to thank the shot girls at the Green Man. I didn't have any shots, I'd just like to thank them.
    For not shooting you?

Quote Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    Green Man was decent wasn't it?

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Certainly was a fun place to be before the game!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It set me up nicely for the day.

I showed my Covid event passport thing on my phone but I'm pretty sure it could have been anybody's and the 5 people I got tickets for didn't have their names on. All a bit meaningless really although I suppose most people did it in the spirit intended.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I showed my Covid event passport thing on my phone but I'm pretty sure it could have been anybody's and the 5 people I got tickets for didn't have their names on. All a bit meaningless really although I suppose most people did it in the spirit intended.
    I think that was always a part of the test itself. They knew people weren't going to comply 100% and they knew people who knew they have covid would still attend. The test is how significant the spread is afterwards, monitored by the pinging of the majority who do comply.