Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 ins and out ....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    How certain are we that Roby is staying? Has anything been announced on that? Lussick isn't a young player, he's an established pro now. With us having Smith and Eaves who are competent backup, is it not more likely Robes is retiring if we're signing a player like Lussick?
    No word on if Eaves is staying or not, he’s off contract.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

We may or may not be signing Lussick but the rumour seems to have come from a Twitter account called Rugby League ITK (in the know) who are about as reliable for transfer rumours as the Daily Mirror. They repost what’s been written on fan forums and make some guesses then delete everything that turns out to be wrong. We had signed Toby King 100% according to them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    We may or may not be signing Lussick but the rumour seems to have come from a Twitter account called Rugby League ITK (in the know) who are about as reliable for transfer rumours as the Daily Mirror. They repost what’s been written on fan forums and make some guesses then delete everything that turns out to be wrong. We had signed Toby King 100% according to them.
    You're spot on about that account, but this particular rumour has more legs than his usual nonsense I think. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that....
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    You're spot on about that account, but this particular rumour has more legs than his usual nonsense I think. Even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that....
    I suppose if you throw enough shit at a wall some of it will stick. Saw a fair few games of Lussick in the 2019 season and he seemed decent. Good running threat, got 12 tries mostly from dummy half scoots. Not a patch on Roby but an upgrade on Smith and can cover the halves if required as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I think that's the problem, clicks = ££ so it's completely irrelevant if they're seen as reliable or not..

Serious About RL is good on Twitter, but it's very clickkbaity

As for Lussick, I'd be happy, I don't think Smith is the answer and eaves isn't getting any game time, he's on loan at Leigh so we'll see how it goes.

Wherever we go, it's the most difficult job in Rugby League after 26 years of some of the best hookers in Rugby League History

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Saw a fair few games of Lussick in the 2019 season and he seemed decent. Good running threat, got 12 tries mostly from dummy half scoots. Not a patch on Roby but an upgrade on Smith and can cover the halves if required as well.
    Lussick was good for Salford as you say and went to the Eels on a 1 year deal. Not played much for them- stats say just 5 games - https://www.parraeels.com.au/teams/t.../joey-lussick/ They do have Mahoney though, who is one of the top hookers over there.

Another decent hooker Danny Levi, is being linked with Huddersfield.

Rumours of Corey Norman interesting Wigan and Catalan too, I read today. Good half back on his day.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Noooobie

Where do we think Smith stands at the moment? He seems capable of doing what a hooker should do, but is it that he doesn't do the really good things often enough? Obviously he will get compared to Roby, which is a bit unfair. Glad to see him get some game-time on Monday, perhaps he needs more of that - see if he can make a claim.

In The South Stand

Lussick looked a decent player at Salford and could be a good fit for us. We are going to have to join the likes of the other teams who carry a replacement hooker on the bench once Roby retires. Lussick to start and one of Smith/Eaves to fill the sub role.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I think that's the problem, clicks = ££ so it's completely irrelevant if they're seen as reliable or not..

Serious About RL is good on Twitter, but it's very clickkbaity

As for Lussick, I'd be happy, I don't think Smith is the answer and eaves isn't getting any game time, he's on loan at Leigh so we'll see how it goes.

Wherever we go, it's the most difficult job in Rugby League after 26 years of some of the best hookers in Rugby League History
    ‘Serious About RL’ is awful. I unfollowed them on all platforms a while back and when I see links to their site I never click them.

Their writers are clueless about rugby league and as you say it’s clickbait after clickbait. All they do is post headlines like ‘Warrington star set to leave’ and it’ll be a reserve player who’s played for the first team once two years ago. The amount of times I’ve seen ‘star’ and it’s complete nobody.

Added to that their knowledge of the game and players is shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughyedSaint View Post
    Where do we think Smith stands at the moment? He seems capable of doing what a hooker should do, but is it that he doesn't do the really good things often enough? Obviously he will get compared to Roby, which is a bit unfair. Glad to see him get some game-time on Monday, perhaps he needs more of that - see if he can make a claim.
    Smith is nearly 25, is he going to get any better than he is now? Think he’s a player who could do a job for some of the lower super league teams but will never be good enough to be first choice for us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    ‘Serious About RL’ is awful. I unfollowed them on all platforms a while back and when I see links to their site I never click them.

Their writers are clueless about rugby league and as you say it’s clickbait after clickbait. All they do is post headlines like ‘Warrington star set to leave’ and it’ll be a reserve player who’s played for the first team once two years ago. The amount of times I’ve seen ‘star’ and it’s complete nobody.

Added to that their knowledge of the game and players is shocking.
    Agree. Shocking those lot. Really really bad.

The only people I would call semi-reliable on Twitter are the likes of Matthew Shaw and Aaron Bower who tend to get most things right. @RugbyLeagueLiv2
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

I'd be happy with Lussick if Roby was going round again for another year. He was one of Salford's best players the year they made the GF

I doubt he'd be sodding off back to Oz at the first opportunity too as he's had another go and hasn't had a look in

If either Smith or Eaves was the long term future they'd be playing more minutes by now. I quite like aspects of Smith's game but you couldn't have him as your first choice hooker if you're a top team

Lussick would be a good signing IMO. Just the sort of player we need: someone who can spell - and maybe eventually succeed - Roby. He was very good at Salford, I thought.

Regarding Smith - I just don’t think he’s good enough. If he was then he would have at least made himself a fixture on the bench by now, given that he’s 25.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Lussick would be a good signing IMO. Just the sort of player we need: someone who can spell - and maybe eventually succeed - Roby. He was very good at Salford, I thought.

Regarding Smith - I just don’t think he’s good enough. If he was then he would have at least made himself a fixture on the bench by now, given that he’s 25.

Smith is the same age as Lussick and nowhere near as good. It’s obvious that the two reserve hookers we have are not held in high regard.
    Lussick would be an excellent signing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I'd be happy with Lussick if Roby was going round again for another year. He was one of Salford's best players the year they made the GF

I doubt he'd be sodding off back to Oz at the first opportunity too as he's had another go and hasn't had a look in

If either Smith or Eaves was the long term future they'd be playing more minutes by now. I quite like aspects of Smith's game but you couldn't have him as your first choice hooker if you're a top team
    I believe at this time he is going round again, and that can only benefit Lussick.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

How do we know Lussick will be good signing. He was good at Salford last year? He has played 5 first grade games this year. If Smith was good enough he would have had more time on the bench this year? How could he when Woolf has picked 3 props and Welsby on the bench. Imagine the out cry if Woolf consistently picked Smith on the bench instead of Welsby. I hope Smith will get some decent game time this season, then we can see how good he is and if any good save money for a *star* half back.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    How do we know Lussick will be good signing. He was good at Salford last year? He has played 5 first grade games this year. If Smith was good enough he would have had more time on the bench this year? How could he when Woolf has picked 3 props and Welsby on the bench. Imagine the out cry if Woolf consistently picked Smith on the bench instead of Welsby. I hope Smith will get some decent game time this season, then we can see how good he is and if any good save money for a *star* half back.
    So you want to lose either Lomax or Dodd? Jesus...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

How do we know anyone will be a good signing?

I’m not just talking about this year. Smith has been around for a few years. He’s 25. He’s never been able to make himself a fixture in the match day squad.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Early this season when Roby was playing below par form I had 3 hookers in mind to replace him, those were Parcell, Leeming and Lussick. Parcell has signed another contract with Hull KR and Leeming went to Leeds, so I,m hoping the Lussick rumour has legs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I’m not just talking about this year. Smith has been around for a few years. He’s 25. He’s never been able to make himself a fixture in the match day squad.
    If Smith was part of Woolf's plans he'd be playing every week, but he isn't. I think he has a year left on his deal but wouldn't surprise me if we let him go next season along with Eaves to allow Lussick to come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

I wonder if this mornings seruous shoulder injury to Reed Mahoney (yet another one for the poor guy) impacts our supposed pursuit of Lussick? Clearly a chronic issue for Mahoney although I expect they’d look elsewhere if they had to replace him it could, I guess, impact our chances of getting Lussick in?

Quote Originally Posted by Northstand View Post
    I wonder if this mornings seruous shoulder injury to Reed Mahoney (yet another one for the poor guy) impacts our supposed pursuit of Lussick? Clearly a chronic issue for Mahoney although I expect they’d look elsewhere if they had to replace him it could, I guess, impact our chances of getting Lussick in?
    Thought that myself.

Para also have a massive salary cap issue, so won't have money to burn on a replacement hooker and limits their ability to go elsewhere.
    Lussick would be in a strong position to be offered something and stay.

Alternative at the risk of repeating Nu Brown from Fev.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Thought that myself.

Para also have a massive salary cap issue, so won't have money to burn on a replacement hooker and limits their ability to go elsewhere.
    Lussick would be in a strong position to be offered something and stay.

It’s whether they give him a go / feel he’s good enough to. I haven’t seen much of him this year but he’s guaranteed some game time you’d think now wirh Mahoney out. Could go either way - if he takes his chance he might stay on for next year or if he doesn’t do well he comes here. Parramatta look massively out of sorts and seem to be repeating last year.

Alternative at the risk of repeating Nu Brown from Fev.

Unless we’ve already signed Lussick…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk