Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2022 ins and out ....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I thought he was ok, we struggled to tackle him in a game where we physically dominated every other Leeds player
    He certainly offered more off the bench than the rest of the useless Leeds pack. The key will be getting him fit enough to have an impact for more than a couple of big carries and to be able to contribute effectively in our energetic defensive line. Could be great could be rubbish. Can only trust Woolf knows what he’s doing with him.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    He certainly offered more off the bench than the rest of the useless Leeds pack. The key will be getting him fit enough to have an impact for more than a couple of big carries and to be able to contribute effectively in our energetic defensive line. Could be great could be rubbish. Can only trust Woolf knows what he’s doing with him.
    I'm baffled by it. I'm not speaking out about it because it's not been announced and because Woolf has proven a few times he knows more than me about the game. I thought Bentley was rubbish when we first signed him, I thought Batchelor was too. I just don't see where he adds to our squad or our team.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I thought he was ok, we struggled to tackle him in a game where we physically dominated every other Leeds player
    I still wouldnt take money from someone else to sign him, he doesnt offer anywhere near what we need and would take a large chunk of our cap money.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I still wouldnt take money from someone else to sign him, he doesnt offer anywhere near what we need and would take a large chunk of our cap money.
    You've got no idea how much he's on, none of us do. You can't base part of your argument on conjecture, it just becomes void.

Let's wait and see if he signs and if he does give him a couple of games before calling him? It makes no logical sense to say that he would be good or bad at this point, we've seen plenty superstars be awful and plenty of average signings turn out great.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I have been told that he has been offered the money of a squad player.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Konrad Hurrell is wank, he will offer us nothing, i spent the entire time he was on the pitch abusing him as not being good enough for us, nothing he has done whilst there has shown him as someone worth signing.
    Jog on princess, hammering players before they’ve even arrived.
    He’s 2 stone over weight, a proper pre season he could be a very shrewd acquisition. Hard to stop in full flight, great character, I trust Woolf and the clubs judgement.

We’ve got Hurrell on a very cheap 1 year deal. Under those circumstances it’s a very astute signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Jog on princess, hammering players before they’ve even arrived.
    He’s 2 stone over weight, a proper pre season he could be a very shrewd acquisition. Hard to stop in full flight, great character, I trust Woolf and the clubs judgement.
    Jog on princess? How about •••• off nobhead. It says something about his attitude that he thinks it acceptable to turn up 2 stone overweight, Woolf may be able to get more out of him, but i still dont think he is anywhere near a player i would want us to sign.

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

If there is minimal investment from Saints then he is worth the “risk”.

Hurrell has been Super League Dream Team twice & World XIII once - so no one can deny his attributes.

However, he does look unfit & overweight.

Another concern of note - I started following KH on Instagram last month - he is a full time joker & comedian - comes across as being less than professional - not taking anything away from his character - maybe he will reign this in a little when he signs for us.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Jog on princess? How about •••• off nobhead. It says something about his attitude that he thinks it acceptable to turn up 2 stone overweight, Woolf may be able to get more out of him, but i still dont think he is anywhere near a player i would want us to sign.
    Behave yourself, stop bagging players before they’ve even arrived at the club. He’s 2 stone over weight after a season of mixed injuries throughout. A proper pre season behind him, in a championship winning set up, let him start the season and then throw out your insults about the player. If that’s what floats your boat, in the meantime I’ll continue to support any player that plays for the club or is soon to play for the club.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    We’ve got Hurrell on a very cheap 1 year deal. Under those circumstances it’s a very astute signing.

If that's the case then it's a no risk deal for us. It gives us added depth and it's upto him to earn a deal longer than 12 months. If he fails we release and we then get an extra quota spot for 2023, if he does well great we extend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    If that's the case then it's a no risk deal for us. It gives us added depth and it's upto him to earn a deal longer than 12 months. If he fails we release and we then get an extra quota spot for 2023, if he does well great we extend.
    He’s going elsewhere the year after mate.

Konrad Hurrell is wank, he will offer us nothing, i spent the entire time he was on the pitch abusing him as not being good enough for us, nothing he has done whilst there has shown him as someone worth signing.
    Why would you spend a major semi final which your team is winning in style abusing one of our future players? Bizarre.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    He’s going elsewhere the year after mate.

Sounds like a pretty good deal for both parties then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Behave yourself, stop bagging players before they’ve even arrived at the club. He’s 2 stone over weight after a season of mixed injuries throughout. A proper pre season behind him, in a championship winning set up, let him start the season and then throw out your insults about the player. If that’s what floats your boat, in the meantime I’ll continue to support any player that plays for the club or is soon to play for the club.
    Behave myself? Your the one who started with insults. If i dont think a player is good enough for us i will voice my opinion on that, i dont think he is, i also dont think his attitude is very good. Woolf thinks he is a worthy signing, fair enough, he has a much better understanding of the game and Hurrell than i do, but personally from watching Hurrell hes not a player i would go near, i will voice my opinion on that, irrespective of whether you think im right or not, i hope i am proven wrong about Hurrell.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Behave myself? Your the one who started with insults. If i dont think a player is good enough for us i will voice my opinion on that, i dont think he is, i also dont think his attitude is very good. Woolf thinks he is a worthy signing, fair enough, he has a much better understanding of the game and Hurrell than i do, but personally from watching Hurrell hes not a player i would go near, i will voice my opinion on that, irrespective of whether you think im right or not, i hope i am proven wrong about Hurrell.
    I would say its obvious he is not good enough to get in our current 17 season but our club is usually very good on the attitude and temperament of a player. His biggest problem is his lack of fitness and conditioning, if his attitude is not right he won't last the conditioning program from Matt Daniels we can be sure of that. We seem to have recruited quite a lot of players with an offloading game and Hurrell is one of them, which seems to suggest Woolf might be playing the team with a bit more variety next season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Meister View Post
    If there is minimal investment from Saints then he is worth the “risk”.

Hurrell has been Super League Dream Team twice & World XIII once - so no one can deny his attributes.

However, he does look unfit & overweight.

Another concern of note - I started following KH on Instagram last month - he is a full time joker & comedian - comes across as being less than professional - not taking anything away from his character - maybe he will reign this in a little when he signs for us.
    Agree with your comments regarding Hurrell’s inherent abilities and potential benefits if he is coming as a low-cost squad member. Regarding his fitness, presumably he would like to be part of Tonga’s World Cup squad so would arrive here with the incentive of getting fully fit to impress Woolf. As far as being a joker, people point the same finger at LMS and few fans outside of Saints seem to rate him. It is clear, however, that his various managers and fellow team members rate him highly and regard his humour as being a big plus.

For me, a fit Hurrell increases the depth of our backs significantly while also offering an opportunity for him to provide cover in the forwards, an ideal bench player but also a contender for a starting spot if he regains his NRL fitness.

The below comments by you are the reason behind my vociferous reply;

We’ve just won a major game in the season calendar and this is where your mind is at, let’s see how Konrad gets on next season without calling him “wank” before he gets chance to put the red vee on.

Enough said.

Learning All The Songs

The below comments by you are the reason behind my vociferous reply;

We’ve just won a major game in the season calendar and this is where your mind is at, let’s see how Konrad gets on next season without calling him “wank” before he gets chance to put the red vee on.

Enough said.
    Right, so i cannot have an opinion on a player based on what they do before they come to us because they are coming to us? Do you know how moronic that sounds, currently he is seriously overweight, injury prone because of it and playing poorly, i think that more than justifies my opinion on him, i have no doubt that i am not the only one who thinks he is not a good signing based on what we have seen.

Got A Replica Shirt

Right, so i cannot have an opinion on a player based on what they do before they come to us because they are coming to us? Do you know how moronic that sounds, currently he is seriously overweight, injury prone because of it and playing poorly, i think that more than justifies my opinion on him, i have no doubt that i am not the only one who thinks he is not a good signing based on what we have seen.
    I’d be more concerned about the fact you spent his “entire time on the pitch abusing him” as opposed to enjoying what was a very good Saints performance that’s taken us to a grand final.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMCMXCIV View Post
    I’d be more concerned about the fact you spent his “entire time on the pitch abusing him” as opposed to enjoying what was a very good Saints performance that’s taken us to a grand final.
    Yeah, i was a little bit drunk last night, overstated that a little bit, was the last 10 minutes when the game was over as a contest.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Funny watching him running around in just his trunks after the match!

Got A Season Ticket

Not sure about Hurrell , but I trust Woolf's judgement as he knows the player . If we get him and turn him back to anywhere near what he was like early in his career it will be an excellent signing . But as has been said injuries have plagued his career and he's packing some timber.

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Harrell

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    Not sure about Hurrell , but I trust Woolf's judgement as he knows the player . If we get him and turn him back to anywhere near what he was like early in his career it will be an excellent signing . But as has been said injuries have plagued his career and he's packing some timber.
    It’s not been announced yet that we have signed him? But if we have I agree we have to give him the chance to prove himself and believe in the coaches decision ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferester123 View Post
    It’s not been announced yet that we have signed him? But if we have I agree we have to give him the chance to prove himself and believe in the coaches decision ?
    It’s not been announced but it seems to be a bit of an open secret. He was chatting for a while to a few Saints players and also gave a wave to the Saints fans in the North Stand after the game.