Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling Wolfie McWolf

Default Calling Wolfie McWolf

Hi, was awaiting your insightful report on your game against Leeds? Couldn’t believe you couldn’t manage a win against what has to be the weakest Leeds team in living memory. At the risk of being accused of trolling something is not quite right in your camp.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

Oh the irony ,wire are the perfect gift they just keep on giving

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Looks like the temporary bout of extreme giddiness that a poor performance from us, grub tactics and some weak refereeing gave them a win against has passed.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Looks like the temporary bout of extreme giddiness that a poor performance from us, grub tactics and some weak refereeing gave them a win against has passed.
    Noticed last night there were no wire HIAs and no wire injuries as Leeds got a roll on. Just goes to show what happens when wire remove their gamesmanship out of their game plan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Noticed last night there were no wire HIAs and no wire injuries as Leeds got a roll on. Just goes to show what happens when wire remove their gamesmanship out of their game plan.

I wonder if increased talk by fans, and a few comments by coaches, has led to PRice instructing them to rein it in for a few games.

I remember in football when a groundswell of fans, then taken up by some managers and just a couple of pundits, started pointing out in 2019'ish how Abu Dhabi Sportwashing FC took the 'tactical foul' to a whole new level (commit a lot of players into attack to swamp the opposition defence and then, if they lost the ball and the opposition threatened to break, foul the player with the ball, usually committed by Fernandinho and ideally near the halfway line, but make it look like an accidental tangle). When refs then wised up to it, they eased off the tactic.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Didn’t stop the physio/water carrier/tactician/messenger boy from being on the field 60 minutes out of the 80

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I wonder if increased talk by fans, and a few comments by coaches, has led to PRice instructing them to rein it in for a few games.

I remember in football when a groundswell of fans, then taken up by some managers and just a couple of pundits, started pointing out in 2019'ish how Abu Dhabi Sportwashing FC took the 'tactical foul' to a whole new level (commit a lot of players into attack to swamp the opposition defence and then, if they lost the ball and the opposition threatened to break, foul the player with the ball, usually committed by Fernandinho and ideally near the halfway line, but make it look like an accidental tangle). When refs then wised up to it, they eased off the tactic.
    I think it's simpler than that Webbo. Wire never had any semblence of control over the game. They never had a lead to hold on to by their devious time wasting, injury faking tactics. To be blunt, they had to get a shift on! So their spoiling stopping the game tactics could never come in to play. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, played at pace by two decent sides, with a minimum of shenanigins. I do think Wire thought they could just rock up and collect the points. They were out thought and out fought.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I think it's simpler than that Webbo. Wire never had any semblence of control over the game. They never had a lead to hold on to by their devious time wasting, injury faking tactics. To be blunt, they had to get a shift on! So their spoiling stopping the game tactics could never come in to play. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, played at pace by two decent sides, with a minimum of shenanigins. I do think Wire thought they could just rock up and collect the points. They were out thought and out fought.
    You forgot the 13 v 11.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

To be honest, I just thought it was a treat to see teams passing the ball, making breaks and fashioning chances.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Watching that game last night was much better than ours even before the monsoon set in. It was like watching it on fast forward, both teams seemed quicker and threw the ball about all night.

Was a joy to watch to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Entirely agree with the last two posts. No time for Price's grubby tactics, but (though it pains me to say it) I saw more rugby in last night's game than I've seen from Saints all season so far. Who says it can't be done!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    To be honest, I just thought it was a treat to see teams passing the ball, making breaks and fashioning chances.
    Can’t be done in the modern game Dave, the only way to play in 2021 is bash and grind remember.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Watching that game last night was much better than ours even before the monsoon set in. It was like watching it on fast forward, both teams seemed quicker and threw the ball about all night.

Was a joy to watch to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let's be honest. If Saints or Wigan had bombed as many chances as Wire in that game we'd have been up in arms. Wire should have won that game by 12+

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Let's be honest. If Saints or Wigan had bombed as many chances as Wire in that game we'd have been up in arms. Wire should have won that game by 12+
    That’s very true there was a massive 36 errors in that game, completion rate was 60% first half for Wire and 60% second half for Leeds.

It just created an open game disguising the fact that Warrington were pretty poor, think Price mentioned similar in the post match interview. Agar,s comment was all the errors created a drop in energy levels and the game turned into one of touch and pass.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 7th July 2021 at 08:37.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Wigan need to be thankful that their rain dance worked or they could have been looking at another 75-0 jobby

I’ve just watched the game on catch up, quite entertaining in its own way (no, not the result. That was hilarious) but I heard Bill Arthur’s Arthurisms take a new level when he uttered the words “Lineham too clever” at the half-time Hail Mary move.

I don’t think those words have ever been uttered before, or are likely to again…..

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    I've watched Saints throw the ball around, bomb chances and lose to teams we shouldn't have hundreds of times over decades and it never stopped me loving them. Watching them grind out tedious wins against those teams just might

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I’ve just watched the game on catch up, quite entertaining in its own way (no, not the result. That was hilarious) but I heard Bill Arthur’s Arthurisms take a new level when he uttered the words “Lineham too clever” at the half-time Hail Mary move.

I don’t think those words have ever been uttered before, or are likely to again…..
    Sorry chaps didn’t think you’d miss me. Had to transport youngest to Chiswick yesterday damn those average speed check cameras. Haven’t read this topic yet but for what it’s worth my view on our match against Leeds.
    1) We seem to make a habit of failing to capitalise on early breaks, falling behind and struggling to come back.
    2) We made enough breaks to win 3 games but just seemed to be one of those days where we couldn’t get the final pass to stick
    3) Probably we should have played more conservatively BUT if it’s entertainment you’re after….
    4) I’m no fan of Akouala and Monday did nothing to change my mind
    5) Price’s use/non use of bench players doesn’t just baffle me.
    6) I would be a lot more concerned if we hadn’t made any opportunities
    7) Tommy “Tickler” Lineham is rumoured to be off to Leeds, maybe he was trying to impress his new boss which led to a bit of “over playing” by him.
    8) We will be there or there about s at the end of the season
    In summary you can all relax, I haven’t been kidnapped
    PS IDIDNT MEAN TO REPLY TO THIS POST SPECIFICALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Sorry chaps didn’t think you’d miss me. Had to transport youngest to Chiswick yesterday damn those average speed check cameras. Haven’t read this topic yet but for what it’s worth my view on our match against Leeds.
    1) We seem to make a habit of failing to capitalise on early breaks, falling behind and struggling to come back.
    2) We made enough breaks to win 3 games but just seemed to be one of those days where we couldn’t get the final pass to stick
    3) Probably we should have played more conservatively BUT if it’s entertainment you’re after….
    4) I’m no fan of Akouala and Monday did nothing to change my mind
    5) Price’s use/non use of bench players doesn’t just baffle me.
    6) I would be a lot more concerned if we hadn’t made any opportunities
    7) Tommy “Tickler” Lineham is rumoured to be off to Leeds, maybe he was trying to impress his new boss which led to a bit of “over playing” by him.
    8) We will be there or there about s at the end of the season
    In summary you can all relax, I haven’t been kidnapped
    PS IDIDNT MEAN TO REPLY TO THIS POST SPECIFICALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG!!!

Did you notice that there were no delays of an injury-type, no excessive HIA calls when you were getting beaten by a crippled half and the rest of the worst Leeds team for years?

Banned

Sorry chaps didn’t think you’d miss me.

We decided we loved your petard.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Did you notice that there were no delays of an injury-type, no excessive HIA calls when you were getting beaten by a crippled half and the rest of the worst Leeds team for years?
    Not sure I understand the point you are making. If the alleged false HIA’s are to give us chance to get control shouldn’t we be doing it more when we are losing.
    I also realised I didn’t give Leeds credit for the way they played, especially in the first half.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    We decided we loved your petard.
    I’m assuming auto text has intervened, did you mean “we decided we loved you pet”?

In The South Stand

Not sure I understand the point you are making. If the alleged false HIA’s are to give us chance to get control shouldn’t we be doing it more when we are losing.
    I also realised I didn’t give Leeds credit for the way they played, especially in the first half.
    Eh? Why would you be faking injuries and wasting time when you need every second possible to play catch up rugby? Which is exactly why the game was so entertaining, Wire seemed to be amazingly injury free! No time to feign injury when you need to get a roll on and score points.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Eh? Why would you be faking injuries and wasting time when you need every second possible to play catch up rugby? Which is exactly why the game was so entertaining, Wire seemed to be amazingly injury free! No time to feign injury when you need to get a roll on and score points.
    Let me ask you a question. Have you ever given the opposition credit for beating you rather than blaming the ref, cheating, or RFL conspiracies?
    Sometimes an opposition team has a good day when you have an off one (us v Leeds) or 2 well matched teams go head to head and one emerges (just) victorious (us v you). I watched your match v Wigan (2nd half) and us v Leeds. Even though we lost I enjoyed our game far more, what about you?

Starting A Programme Collection

Have you ever seen a football team waste time when they are losing ?