Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coote to Hull KR?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Another Judas....................He Can get ••••ed off now.
    I think that is a touch unfair if he has been told that Saints have already decided to plan for the future by either signing a new full back or replacing him with Welsby, I can't see him leaving Saints for more money at Hull K R

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

‪A lot of noises about him wanting to go home, his missus not being happy, him wanting to go back before his kids start school etc but none of that has come from Coote. I wouldn’t have been bothered about him leaving to go home so equally not fussed about him joining KR. Legs have gone but his experience will help them.‬ I just hope there’s some positive news about signings for next season on the horizon as it’s all one way at the moment.

On a side note we’ve seen it with some people regarding Bentley, Fages and now Coote calling them traitors, that they shouldn’t play for us again just for accepting a better deal elsewhere. Grow up. They were all signed to do a job for us, have done that job and will continue to do that job for us. Nobodies stabbed anyone in the back.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

None of us really know the facts.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    None of us really know the facts.
    no we dont i personally hope we go with youth welsby dodds foster Wingfield simms eaves etc..exciting unpredictably of youth. We have a good backbone of experience in lomax makinson percy big alex so might work . Will be a brave decision by mcmanus not signing anyone and for woolfe to go another 12 months with a view to coaching in the nrl .

Don't want to quote them for more attention but there's one absolutely pathetic comment in this thread, anyone that pulls on the shirt and puts their body on the line every week deserves a little respect. It's not like they are living in mansions, they live in similar houses and have similar lifestyles to us

Anyway good luck to Coote, he's been a model pro and his arrival has been instrumental in us going from nearly men to back to back GF winners

He leaves with nothing but thanks and best wishes from me

In The South Stand

Well said , good luck to Coote and his family .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    Agree with this - I can see Roby, LMS and Amor all going round again. Problem is that it just delays the problem as we have lots off contract at the end of next season as well.
    Or gives us chance to recover from a financially devastating year off the pitch before making significant investment on the pitch. We don’t have an owner with deep pockets, we have one who has created a very financially successful club on and off the pitch. There’s an argument to be made that we’ve been hit hardest out of all the super league clubs by the pandemic due to the revenue lost from our wonderful stadium and facilities, not just on match days.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

He has been a cracking signing for us,been instrumental in our success over the past couple of years. If he moves to HKR then fair play to him and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Or gives us chance to recover from a financially devastating year off the pitch before making significant investment on the pitch. We don’t have an owner with deep pockets, we have one who has created a very financially successful club on and off the pitch. There’s an argument to be made that we’ve been hit hardest out of all the super league clubs by the pandemic due to the revenue lost from our wonderful stadium and facilities, not just on match days.
    Spot on.

If it is going where we have to blood young players and have a few lean seasons, I'll be there every game I can get to supporting them

Got A Season Ticket

Agree with this - I can see Roby, LMS and Amor all going round again. Problem is that it just delays the problem as we have lots off contract at the end of next season as well.
    If Amor goes round again with us I don’t think I can watch, he’s stole a living the last few years at least. He runs with as little enthusiasm and determination as any prop you’ll see.

Grips my shit when people praise his make contact get down and play the ball approach. If that’s the expectation of him then Every other player should seek compensation for playing like they want to make a difference.

Learning All The Songs

Yes, I think those three are all past it now. Even the marvellous Roby can't play forever. Maybe he has one more season spelling a new first choice hooker for twenty minutes either side of half time as one last earner
    Last edited by John; 2nd July 2021 at 13:47. Reason: typos

Banned

Assuming Coote goes, are we sure it's money and not longevity of contract?

We may have only offered a 12 month extension, with HKR perhaps offering 2 years.

Whatever, I applaud the club for having a valuation of the player's worth and refusing to be pressured into overpaying, no matter how tempting that could be.

As has been said, Coote has been a shadow of the player he was in 2019, and we don't want to be saddled with a player whose on a sharp decline curve due to age - I'd bet the same fans who are the loudest critics of the club allowing him to leave/being skinflints would also be the loudest critics of the club if they gave him a bumper 2 year deal and he was rubbish.

Banned

Oh, and the club being used as the region Covid vaccination centre has offset some of the financial damage of lockdown.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

We may have only offered a 12 month extension, with HKR perhaps offering 2 years.

Whatever, I applaud the club for having a valuation of the player's worth and refusing to be pressured into overpaying, no matter how tempting that could be.

As has been said, Coote has been a shadow of the player he was in 2019, and we don't want to be saddled with a player whose on a sharp decline curve due to age - I'd bet the same fans who are the loudest critics of the club allowing him to leave/being skinflints would also be the loudest critics of the club if they gave him a bumper 2 year deal and he was rubbish.
    Good post. We are going to be losing him at the right time. His decline is evident already, I hate to think what he'd be like in 12-18 months time.

No ill-feeling towards Coote thought at all, I don't understand that. He's played a huge role in back to back titles and will hopefully get a Challenge Cup medal and/or another title this year too.

We should just wish him well and move on.....
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

I suspect this is correct. I doubt we want to offer Coote a long term deal due to his form and Welsby, however Rovers probably have.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Oh, and the club being used as the region Covid vaccination centre has offset some of the financial damage of lockdown.
    That brought in quite a bit of cash but overall we we haemorrhaging.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    That brought in quite a bit of cash but overall we we haemorrhaging.
    Isn't every club in the same boat though ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Bit of a stupid comment. Connolly was a St Helens lad that came up through our system so Saints had invested time and money in him. He jumped ship as soon as he saw the pound signs. Coote is a player who came here for a pay packet and has given us good service in return.

Banned

Whilst it will hurt seeing him at another super league club i have nothing but respect for him.

Would love for him stay 1 more season but fingers crossed we have something already planned if he goes

he's been really good here, best of luck at his new club

but tbh he has slipped a lot this season and in 12 months his legs could have gone all together , certainly in 24 months he will be done imo

Onwards and upwards, time to look to the future

Learning All The Songs

Coote has been a great player for us, and i’ll never forget the Good Friday match at wigan in 2019. It was one of the best atmospheres at a game for a long time. It was a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Yes - one thing that really stood out to me in that game was that 1, 6, 7 and 9 for Warrington are all a threat with ball in hand. While all of our spine players have their own strengths, Coote included, at the moment only Lomax represents any real threat when carrying the ball. I think this is allowing teams to just double up on Lomax and then we struggle.
    Getting percy back wl take pressure off Lomax and give him an extra yard to work with.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

But you were happy for him to sack his last club off to join Saints? He is out of contract, he has done the job we asked him to do, he's free to go wherever he wants when the contract is up. We will be fine.

Coote is no judas, he was a very good signing and did a good job for two seasons. He isn't doing such a good job this term and I cant see him improving next term. Him leaving is best for all concerned so good luck to the man in the future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Agree with this. We've seen that he's declined in the last year, such is life, you get older and lose a bit along the way, not a criticism of him but a fact of life, and we will be fine without him. We had a situation not so long ago with another full-back who probably played a year or two longer than he should and his lack of pace and slower movement in attack affected our play negatively. He just happened to be my favourite Saints player of all time and had earnt the right to play until he no longer wanted, but Coote isn't Wellens and we can see where this would have headed if we'd given him another 2-3 years on a good wedge.