Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Tickets for the Wigan Match

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Default Tickets for the Wigan Match

Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Well, if they are factoring in the other games in their equation, as I've missed one of the three so far, maybe I've a better chance of getting a ticket for these games than those who've gloated about having been to all three.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Banned

Lets have a COVID postponement and play it later on. Get a decent crowd in and drop Pollard a few bob for his rent. "JOB DONE"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Looking at it from a team point of view and not the fans then it's not the worst news in the world. Playing them without nearly 4000 of their fans cheering them on from behind the sticks won't do us any harm at all.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Yes I am certain that the Club are doing their best to make the ballot as fair as possible. Hard to calculate the probability of being lucky in the next draw. It depends on the actual number of season tickets sold. With the Club saying that folks should get 3 out of 4 you would think that they have sold around 5300. Hopefully, nobody is left with just 2 out of 4 tickets and it goes without saying that NOBODY should have all four tickets. That said I’ sure there will be a few oafs falsely claiming that scenario.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Quay View Post
    Yes I am certain that the Club are doing their best to make the ballot as fair as possible. Hard to calculate the probability of being lucky in the next draw. It depends on the actual number of season tickets sold. With the Club saying that folks should get 3 out of 4 you would think that they have sold around 5300. Hopefully, nobody is left with just 2 out of 4 tickets and it goes without saying that NOBODY should have all four tickets. That said I’ sure there will be a few oafs falsely claiming that scenario.
    If 5.3k is correct there will still be people who have got all 4 I believe.

4k for Salford, 1.3k miss out.

1.3k guaranteed Hull, 2.7k balloted between the Salford 4k.

The 1.3k who missed Salford or Hull get Wire and the remaining 1.4k tickets is between the other 2.7k.

So that's 1.4k who are 3 from 3 going into Wigan so you'd have 100 people (as there would already be 3.9k who have missed one and should automatically get a Wigan ticket) who would get 4 out of 4. Not many, though

I'd heard it was more about 4.5k anyway but nobody seems to actually know.

If it's only 4.5k then you should have 3k people who have 3/3 so far and they should be put in a ballot for the 2.5k tickets with 1.5k going to the 500 who missed Salford, Hull or Wire.

Some people saying they've only got 1 of 3 so far on Twitter etc is worrying. That should not be the case unless we've 8k STs if my maths is right. So that would be an error on the clubs side IF true.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post

The 1.3k who missed Salford or Hull get Wire and the remaining 1.4k tickets is between the other 2.7k.

So that's 1.4k who are 3 from 3 going into Wigan so you'd have 100 people (as there would already be 3.9k who have missed one and should automatically get a Wigan ticket) who would get 4 out of 4. Not many, though

If it's only 4.5k then you should have 3k people who have 3/3 so far and they should be put in a ballot for the 2.5k tickets with 1.5k going to the 500 who missed Salford, Hull or Wire.

Some people saying they've only got 1 of 3 so far on Twitter etc is worrying. That should not be the case unless we've 8k STs if my maths is right. So that would be an error on the clubs side IF true.
    That would actually have taken some thought to run through.
    If they had followed this method then everyone to date would have had at least 2 games but that doesnt appear to be the case.
    If you have missed out on one game then it should guarantee you a ticket for Wigan, I suspect that they have done a fresh ballot for each game and that will not be the case

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    That would actually have taken some thought to run through.
    If they had followed this method then everyone to date would have had at least 2 games but that doesnt appear to be the case.
    If you have missed out on one game then it should guarantee you a ticket for Wigan, I suspect that they have done a fresh ballot for each game and that will not be the case
    I don't think they've used any kind of method to make it fair as my Dad and brother are 3/3.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Would have thought they used some form of check as they announced it was hoped most would get at least 2 out of 3, and now 3 out of 4.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Would have thought they used some form of check as they announced it was hoped most would get at least 2 out of 3, and now 3 out of 4.
    Wishful thinking. I think they have probably done their best but with human error playing a big role

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post

Yes 5333 or fewer season ticket holders would mean some would get four games. Maths wise easy 16000/3.