Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Warrington

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

And Makinson still got the ball down despite the ball being on his ankles and barely any room. Yet we don't give him a single opportunity for 76 minutes.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’ve seen Thompson get loads of stick since he signed but not Matautia and I haven’t got a clue why? He’s been terrible.
    He's been bloody awful tonight
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Interesting game.

Wire have come into this treating it like a cup final or GF.

We clearly see it as another game in the calendar.
    Hmm, that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

If your a saints forward tonight, hang your head.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    I don’t buy that at all. Both teams have been trash. It’s like your trying to say Wire have had the game of their life and we just can’t be arsed. We’ve just been as bad as we have been most weeks that’s the simple truth.
    Was going to write almost exactly the same, word for word. I’m not too fussed about losing if it makes us do something different (fat chance). At least we won’t be lauded for our grit and defensive resilience.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    And Makinson still got the ball down despite the ball being on his ankles and barely any room. Yet we don't give him a single opportunity for 76 minutes.
    Its extremely poor coaching in my opinion. Our forwards take 3 tackles to get involved while our backs are getting killed

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Absolute garbage.

Warrington their usual grubby selves but Saints just weren't good enough

Learning All The Songs

2 points at home and barely a sniff of the line. Our support of ball carriers is dreadful. We crab sideways and get snuffed out 10 yards from touch. We have no idea how to create overlaps by simply drawing men and making passes.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

That was an absolute disgrace. No excuses - yes, the ref was awful as well - but we were appalling. No heart, no guts, no flair, no passion.
    Abject.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Look, he just isn’t the right coach for us. I can only hope he leaves whether we win or lose any of the trophies because I can’t watch this crap for much longer.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    That was an absolute disgrace. No excuses - yes, the ref was awful as well - but we were appalling. No heart, no guts, no flair, no passion.
    Abject.
    So another week then . That’s was the same performance week in week out . I’ve said it time and time again . Any team who organised themselves will beat us . Tonight, Warrington organises themselves, played the basics well and guess what .......

Well done Warrington .totally deserved

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Look, he just isn’t the right coach for us. I can only hope he leaves whether we win or lose any of the trophies because I can’t watch this crap for much longer.
    Grats to Wire, they were absolutely terrible but picked up 2 points, they must be wondering what the •••• just happened.

Fantastic defensive effort from Warrington tonight, but my word, we have absolutely no idea on how to break a defence down in tight games.

Our forwards didn't want to know tonight either and the likes of Hill, Cooper & Philbin had a field day.

Worrying that we cannot break a good defensive side, down.

Learning All The Songs

well done Woolf .You have coached all the flair out of this team. Absolutely clueless in attack . Lomax doesn't seem to able to break the lien as he did say 2 years ago and so we have no other threat.
    The likes of Amor and LMS should be released at the end of the season . And as for Thompson -can someone drive him to the airport. Has he have beaten the tackle?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    He's been bloody awful tonight

Not as good as Bachelor IMO.

Learning All The Songs

agreed. Just hope someone from Oz comes calling for him and he goes home

Learning All The Songs

Amor, LMS and Batchelor have to go after this year. Maybe Woolf as well.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Our energy was shockingly low, but the skill levels are dropping.

I know defence is important but you can't win through defensive effort. You need to score to win and we did not look close to scoring all night.

Only Welsby offered any threat, but it shows how much our side needs Percival to threaten a top side.

Our pack gives lots of effort and are solid defensively but there is not one attacking threat in the pack. Ship those 2nd rowers back as they offer nothing more than than a bang average academy player.

Bring back zeb and Co as even retired they are better than the boring pair.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Close down our pivots when we’re trying to move it out wide and we have nothing else creatively. Pack was rubbish. I don’t care if it’s hot, we looked buggered after 10 minutes and we’ve just had a week off. If we’re going to have Roby in the pitch for 75 minutes might as well run him at hooker for 80 and carry an extra forward on the bench. When discussing our style of play previously my concern was that, whilst we would win enough games to put us into semis & finals, would we have enough to break down teams in those tight one off games. The answer is no based on tonight’s showing.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

I think we are looking at the wrong people in LMS and Amor - ok we know they are likely to give away a penalty - but they did more for us than Paasi and Walmsley.

Coote was killing our momentum when going left.

Naiquima looks like hes not interested.

Thomson and Mata'utia offer nothing.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Their coach did a job on us again.

They know that most of our tries come from cut out passes by Lomax or Coote he targeted both of them and nullified our attack.

We need an interchange hooker who can come on and offer something different.
    That's not a criticism of Dodd he is sent on to give Robes a breather but in a tight game we need something more.

Hopefully we'll learn from this and be better at Wembley

In The South Stand

Thought that was a poor game but really quite symptomatic of Super League at the minute. Both attacks were shocking, we should have been put to bed in the first half by them and showed absolutely nothing in attack. It’s got to be easy to defend against when the oppositions attack is as passive and predictable as ours, so it’s little wonder that we’ve been turned over by the first decent side we’ve faced.

I think that’s Woolf done for me. We might grind our way past Cas and we might grind our way past Warrington, most likely, in a Grand Final at the end of the year but I’m bored. I’ve no issue about adapting the way we play in big games and in finals but I want to be entertained and if it wasn’t for the different coloured shirts the opposition are wearing, I’d think I was watching the same set of six over and over again. I’ve asked myself quite a bit this year, would I rather we won stuff by any means or whether I’d prefer to be entertained and I’m leaning towards being entertained. I don’t really look forward to our games at the minute, I know what we’re getting and I know the outcome, I want to be excited at the thought of Lomax, Makinson etc throwing the ball around and scoring tries that are as the result of good play rather than barges over from a few metres or from the same play again and again.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I think we are looking at the wrong people in LMS and Amor - ok we know they are likely to give away a penalty - but they did more for us than Paasi and Walmsley.

Coote was killing our momentum when going left.

Naiquima looks like hes not interested.

Thomson and Mata'utia offer nothing.
    Sick of Walmsley milking penalties and moaning at the ref.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Such a frustrating game to watch. I’ve said it so many times about our attack: it’s good enough to win 90% of matches. But there is no Plan B whatsoever. When we are behind and needing something different we have nothing.

Tonight was very poor. On the few occasions we got any sniff of momentum we either made a mistake or the ref did (he was abysmal by the way). We shot ourselves in the foot quite a few times with basic errors.

Another thing, we looked so lethargic at times. Some of them looked like they had lead boots on. Naiqama in particular looks shot at. This might be slightly in anger at the defeat but we appeared tonight like a team that needs refreshing. We were slow, laboured and completely out-enthused by Warrington.

I still think we will be “there or thereabouts” when it matters this season but I think we need a makeover going off that performance. I could probably name 5 or 6 of that 17 who I wouldn’t particularly miss.

Finally, I’m far from the “Woolf Out” brigade but would I be sad if we announced next week he’s got a NRL gig for 2022? Not one bit.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Worst game i've seen from a Saints team for years, Our Forwards were disgustingly none existence. Woolfy needs to read the riot act.

Should be given our money back for that show.