Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I've already said it's their fault.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've already said it's their fault.
    I bet Uncle Mo is involved

Seems to be talk of our game being in trouble as well but only seen a few comments on twitter and a few comments on Leeds RL Fans.

I know the womens team have a case so they've had to cancel. So wonder if it's us? Although Leeds have previous.

Edit - On their RL fans one of the admin has said they've got 4 positive cases so "it's off" according to them.

According to various Leeds Twitter pages, four players are positive and the match is probably off no doubt due to track and trace, on going discussions with supervisory groups, looking at the fixture list as it stands I can't see any room for rearrangement unless it's after the last regular game of the season, paying the penalty for getting to Wembley with that weekend ruled out is harsh, so it might be down to the percentage method

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    According to various Leeds Twitter pages, four players are positive and the match is probably off no doubt due to track and trace, on going discussions with supervisory groups, looking at the fixture list as it stands I can't see any room for rearrangement unless it's after the last regular game of the season, paying the penalty for getting to Wembley with that weekend ruled out is harsh, so it might be down to the percentage method
    They may try and switch some fixtures around this weekend like they did last year. Trickier because fans are back but it may be the only option unless it goes to a mid week slot which is not ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    They may try and switch some fixtures around this weekend like they did last year. Trickier because fans are back but it may be the only option unless it goes to a mid week slot which is not ideal.
    Can't see that happening. Surely the only reasonable switch around would be for us to play Wigan if both our opponents have bailed. Can't see either clubs wanting to give up that fixture with crowds and its a bit late for getting tickets out for a Friday match now - Saints couldn't even get that right for the Hull game with weeks notice

Probably going to be shot down for suggesting it, but Wigan could play Saints this weekend, I'm sure the clubs wouldn't want it for obvious reasons 're attendances returning etc, but there does not appear to be even midweek slots available unless it's three games in six days

Probably going to be shot down for suggesting it, but Wigan could play Saints this weekend, I'm sure the clubs wouldn't want it for obvious reasons 're attendances returning etc, but there does not appear to be even midweek slots available unless it's three games in six days
    I think now fans are at games clubs won't be able to do this anymore as could cost them money. If we played Wigan at home unless they conducted a ballot tomorrow there wouldn't be time to have any fans and then all STH be entitled to an extra game refund sadly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Leeds who had to close training down pre season. Not to mention they apparently had a convenient outbreak before Catalans away (but no cases)

Personally I think they should either play with a reduced squad/academy - or forfeit the points.

I certainly don't want the game to be rearranged

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    I think now fans are at games clubs won't be able to do this anymore as could cost them money. If we played Wigan at home unless they conducted a ballot tomorrow there wouldn't be time to have any fans and then all STH be entitled to an extra game refund sadly.
    Not to mention that potentially they'll be allowed bigger crowds when we're due to play them.

I'm guessing home games in front of 4,000 are a bit of a burden

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    I agree its not going to happen I suppose they could postpone it to Sunday afternoon, and then put the Warrington fixture back a day, but then Sky would turn that down. Just when everything seemed to be getting back on track......at least some of our ageing players would have had the jab either now or very shortly

Banned

I can't see how it particularly suits Leeds to cry off either. They've got a weeks rest on us off the back of a good win, it does them no favours either.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I can't see how it particularly suits Leeds to cry off either. They've got a weeks rest on us off the back of a good win, it does them no favours either.
    Now official on Leeds News site Game Off Only two players positive but track and trace eliminates other players. It will be interesting to see if Saints make any comment

Got A Season Ticket

This f**king sport!

We've just had a full football season for all divisions, including Europe matches without any being called off (that I am aware of)

Yet we can't even get to 10 games before we have to start calling games off.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVenRouge View Post
    This f**king sport!

We've just had a full football season for all divisions, including Europe matches without any being called off (that I am aware of)

They must have a squad of over 30 players plus academy players, does seem a bit strange, the reasons given will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by LaVenRouge View Post
    This f**king sport!

Not really comparing apples with apples though is it.

A lot of players partners will work therefore increasing the risk of transmission. Many players probably also help with the school run etc, again increasing the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now official on Leeds News site Game Off Only two players positive but track and trace eliminates other players. It will be interesting to see if Saints make any comment
    The Leeds Live site reporting this has now been taken offline, I wonder if they've jumped the gun and if you look on the official Leeds website it will explain further, decision to be made tomorrow

Learning All The Songs

Funny how Saints haven't cancelled a game since this started. What are these players at other clubs up to.

My understanding is if the game is off it WONT be re scheduled. The % win system will kick in. Shame as I reckon Leeds is a gimme 2 points for us these days -

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    My understanding is if the game is off it WONT be re scheduled. The % win system will kick in. Shame as I reckon Leeds is a gimme 2 points for us these days -
    It was only last week that I was wondering why they were still persisting with this % win system. I guess now I know

From SL it says they're awaiting the result on one player, I must say it's pretty poor from Leeds if one player can take out so many others, especially as they haven't played this week

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/06/0...vid-19-update/

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Well if it is cancelled then we shouldn't push to reschedule it. There are already to many games coming up thick and fast.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    This article from SL suggests otherwise (last paragraph).

https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...ovid-19-update
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Not really comparing apples with apples though is it.

A lot of players partners will work therefore increasing the risk of transmission. Many players probably also help with the school run etc, again increasing the risk.
    Tend to agree. You can't compare the life of a RL player and the life of a PL player really. PL players have more money and resources to abstain from some of the day to day stuff that a RL player needs to do in life. Mundane stuff that we will do is part of a RL players life as well, whereas a PL player can avoid it, pay others to do it etc. This also applies to RL player's partners who will have more financial pressure to go to work and do stuff that any of us would do, whereas the partners of PL players can (if they choose) leave it alone and not have to worry about paying the mortgage or the bills.

I'm generalising of course, but if you're a family that brings in £50-100k a week you don't have to do some of the stuff that a family that brings in that much in a year has to do, and you can avoid alot of the situations, workplace perils and everyday chances of catching it that the other family cannot.