Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Here we go again - Covid.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    In a perverse way, that would be quite amusing just to watch the RFL squirm.
    Could be a squirm losing semi finalist Challenge Cup Fnal ......Warrington v Hull.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What happens if Covid hits Saints and Castleford squads a couple of days before the Challenge Cup Final.
    Bring your boots with you to Wembley. That's if you're lucky enough to get a ticket!

Starting A Programme Collection

What happens if Covid hits Saints and Castleford squads a couple of days before the Challenge Cup Final.
    Awarded to Warrington because it’s their year and they haven’t gone over the salary cap.

Learning All The Songs

Funny it's mostly the same teams cancelling as last season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    10,000 tickets refunded for the Premiership RU final after the government refused to grant them pilot event status. Doesn’t bode well for our final to get a decent crowd in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/57531951
    Sensible thing here is all tickets are void and they're just giving tickets to the clubs.

If we had 10K at Wembley that could potentially fit all members of the 4 clubs in who wanted to go.

Saints around 4.5-5k
    Cas 2.5-3k
    Fev & York 1k?

Hopefully the RFL see that as a worse case scenario.

Not all members would go either, but it would just be good if they all had the option to go.

Probably similar rules as apply to league games with postponement considered once a certain number of players are affected. If the numbers are below the threshold then the game would probably go ahead with those players missing out as happened to a couple of the Salford squad last year.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Sensible thing here is all tickets are void and they're just giving tickets to the clubs.

If we had 10K at Wembley that could potentially fit all members of the 4 clubs in who wanted to go.

Saints around 4.5-5k
    Cas 2.5-3k
    Fev & York 1k?

Hopefully the RFL see that as a worse case scenario.

Not all members would go either, but it would just be good if they all had the option to go.
    I hope not personally as I've got my train and hotel paid for, either way it's ridiculous how nobody has got a clue what's happening, time is ticking on now and will Saints even run coaches? People need to make arrangements, Royal Ascot and bloody Wimbledon are alright though.. Funny that.
    I've got one ticket ordered, not in my hand or a seat number just ordered so who knows whether it'll even turn up? Tbh now I don't even give a s##t whether I get it or not with proving covid tests and stuff, I'll be happy with a mooch around London, few pints, listen to the game as I'm walking. It's a weekend away from my mad house

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I hope not personally as I've got my train and hotel paid for, either way it's ridiculous how nobody has got a clue what's happening, time is ticking on now and will Saints even run coaches? People need to make arrangements, Royal Ascot and bloody Wimbledon are alright though.. Funny that.
    I've got one ticket ordered, not in my hand or a seat number just ordered so who knows whether it'll even turn up? Tbh now I don't even give a s##t whether I'm get it or not with proving covid tests and stuff, I'll be happy with a mooch around London, few pints, listen to the game as I'm walking. It's a weekend away from my mad house

That actually sounds better than going to the game and having to sit there like a knobhead wearing a mask, queuing up and generally being mithered. We should do the same as the Jocks and have a big •••• up in Leicester Sq.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Sounds good to me

Learning All The Songs

A further 8 Hull KR players have tested positive. Their matches v Hull FC (home) and Catalans (away) have been postponed. Hull FC game now on Thurs 15th July on Sky

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

This, of course, all begs the question as to what happens if Saints or Castleford players test positive in the run up to the Cup Final?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    This, of course, all begs the question as to what happens if Saints or Castleford players test positive in the run up to the Cup Final?
    As I've already posted somewhere (above?)...Bring your boots to London just in case!

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    A further 8 Hull KR players have tested positive. Their matches v Hull FC (home) and Catalans (away) have been postponed. Hull FC game now on Thurs 15th July on Sky
    Surely as professional athletes they should be restricting their movement temporarily? I see most players carrying on regardless, more is at stake than just a few weeks quarantine. Clubs, livelihoods, hard earned money ploughed in by supporters. All for a coffee shop after training or a mates BBQ? Surely clubs like HKR should be scrutinising everything their players are doing in this circumstance as they are tested every day of the week.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Catalans away!
    They are learing how to play the game, like Leeds.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Banned

Article on the BBC site saying a decision on whether the World Cup takes place this year or is postponed to 2022, will he taken next week.

WTF?

I hadn't thought it was in doubt?

Surely all restrictions will have been lifted by October. If not, then we're frigged anyway, because neither the economy nor society can carry on lifting restrictions then reimposing then every time a new variant pops up.

The vaccines are proving good at stopping the vast majority of any vaccinated people who catch it from getting seriously ill, and almost all those still dying are tinfoil-hat vaccine refuseniks (who I think should possibly be banned from getting NHS treatment anyway )

We just need to accept this virus is here to stay, but with the vaccine it is very manageable.

We can't continue with this crap.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Article on the BBC site saying a decision on whether the World Cup takes place this year or is postponed to 2022, will he taken next week.

WTF?

I hadn't thought it was in doubt?

Surely all restrictions will have been lifted by October. If not, then we're frigged anyway, because neither the economy nor society can carry on lifting restrictions then reimposing then every time a new variant pops up.

The vaccines are proving good at stopping the vast majority of any vaccinated people who catch it from getting seriously ill, and almost all those still dying are tinfoil-hat vaccine refuseniks (who I think should possibly be banned from getting NHS treatment anyway )

We just need to accept this virus is here to stay, but with the vaccine it is very manageable.

We can't continue with this crap.
    None of the NRL clubs, players union and some players agents allegedly speaking on behalf of their players want to come over to the UK this Autumn. Not looking clever at the minute

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    None of the NRL clubs, players union, and some players agents allegedly speaking on behalf of their players want to come over to the UK this Autumn. Not looking clever at the minute
    Part of the problem is that only something like 5% of the population of Australia has so far been vaccinated.
    Several NRL clubs have had to isolate themselves away from home. Melbourne Storm, NZ Warriors, and the three Queensland clubs last year had to relocate to Sydney as crossing the border between NSW and Queensland and vice versa were not allowed, similarly, all residents of the city of Melbourne were under highly restrictive travel conditions hence why the Storm had to relocate to Sydney.

I'd agree it's not looking all that clever that the World Cup will in fact go ahead.

Banned

None of the NRL clubs, players union and some players agents allegedly speaking on behalf of their players want to come over to the UK this Autumn. Not looking clever at the minute
    Pussies

Understandable really, there are usually also quite a few organised tours for Aussie fans but they won't go ahead because of Covid isolation rules etc, a postponement until next year might be the best thing,

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

If we postpone it we're going head to head with the Football World Cup for the semi finals and finals if it's a similar time of the year, that'll cripple the sport from a corporate/sponsorship side of things.

My understanding isn't that the players don't want to come here for Covid reasons - it's the NRL clubs aren't happy that they'll have two weeks isolation on their return to Australia - which will knock their pre-season training back a few weeks.

My worry is the NRL clubs don't really care about International Rugby League, and will win this battle. However there's a dangerous precedent being set, especially as there's been numerous Covid mitigation been put in place for travel.

The cricket team are playing in the West Indies, the Football team have recently played in Nepal, the Wallabies will be touring England at a similar time, not to mention the Olympics squad.

It just smells like any excuse

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    If we postpone it we're going head to head with the Football World Cup for the semi finals and finals if it's a similar time of the year, that'll cripple the sport from a corporate/sponsorship side of things.

My understanding isn't that the players don't want to come here for Covid reasons - it's the NRL clubs aren't happy that they'll have two weeks isolation on their return to Australia - which will knock their pre-season training back a few weeks.

My worry is the NRL clubs don't really care about International Rugby League, and will win this battle. However there's a dangerous precedent being set, especially as there's been numerous Covid mitigation been put in place for travel.

The cricket team are playing in the West Indies, the Football team have recently played in Nepal, the Wallabies will be touring England at a similar time, not to mention the Olympics squad.

It just smells like any excuse
    Absolutely it's just excuse making because they don't want to travel to the UK.

So what if they have to quarantine for 2 weeks? The World Cup will end in November, the NRL season starts in March. The pre season will barely be affected.

The International calender isn't taken seriously and it is one of the many reasons, Rugby League is slowly dying away. We used to have regular international tournaments but we very rarely do now. We haven't had an Ashes series for over 10 which is an absolute disgrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste