Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Magic Weekend 2021

Noooobie

Default Magic Weekend 2021

Hi all I did try and search here to not replicate another thread but couldn't find one.
    For the Magic Weekend do we know which ends the fans will be in? I can't find anything about it so far but probably missing something.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Saints’ club tickets allocation is in the Leazes End. You can buy from the Saints ticket site and their allocation, says on the magic weekend ticket site that season ticket holders get a 50% discount if they buy directly through the club as well.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Load of nonsense.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Saints’ club tickets allocation is in the Leazes End. You can buy from the Saints ticket site and their allocation, says on the magic weekend ticket site that season ticket holders get a 50% discount if they buy directly through the club as well.
    Ah cheers for that, great to know. Shame we got the bum game crowd wise but oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Load of nonsense.
    I have really always thoroughly enjoyed it. Watched the majority of the games and enjoyed a good craic with as speccies from other clubs. Newcastle is ideal venue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I have really always thoroughly enjoyed it. Watched the majority of the games and enjoyed a good craic with as speccies from other clubs. Newcastle is ideal venue.
    I must be missing something here as I know plenty who enjoy it but I can't see the attraction of going sitting with opposition fans even though I enjoy it on TV. Plus it always sounds like the atmosphere is diluted , especially the crap games.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I've been before it's OK but not the 'jamboree' sky make it out to be. The beauty of being in that big end of the ground is that you can move around and watch each game from a different view.. Well I did anyway as my backside ended up numb after the first two of four games.
    They shouldn't have bothered this year tbh.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I must be missing something here as I know plenty who enjoy it but I can't see the attraction of going sitting with opposition fans even though I enjoy it on TV. Plus it always sounds like the atmosphere is diluted , especially the crap games.
    Have you been to one AG?
    I guess its a sort of 'marmite' event, and I can see why some don't like the extra fixture, travelling etc.
    I enjoy them. You can mix with other fans if you want to, but you don't need to. I know plenty who just turn up for the Saints game, then spend the rest of time in town.
    IMO the town (wherever it's played) has a kind of 'cup final' atmosphere about it , but with 8 sets of fans in that 'final' instead of two.
    Each to their own eh?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Have you been to one AG?
    I guess its a sort of 'marmite' event, and I can see why some don't like the extra fixture, travelling etc.
    I enjoy them. You can mix with other fans if you want to, but you don't need to. I know plenty who just turn up for the Saints game, then spend the rest of time in town.
    IMO the town (wherever it's played) has a kind of 'cup final' atmosphere about it , but with 8 sets of fans in that 'final' instead of two.
    Each to their own eh?
    Nah, never fancied it. As I said, it just doesn't appeal to me and typically the RFL/SL try to big it up to be something it isn't.

That said, I do quite enjoy 2 full days of RL on TV so it's no real hardship.

In The South Stand

I’m a big fan of Magic, though I feel it’s never quite reached its potential and it could be much better than it is.

Newcastle is a great city for it, too.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wouldn't mind the weekend in Newcastle, but the Magic concept doesn't really appeal. I probably watch two games each day on TV.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I’m doing both nights again. Done it twice before and loved it. Perfect location in the city. Probably won’t watch all 6 games in the ground but at £20 for the full weekend ticket you can’t argue with the value.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I wouldn't mind the weekend in Newcastle, but the Magic concept doesn't really appeal. I probably watch two games each day on TV.
    I don't see what's so Magical, it's just another round of league games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I’m doing both nights again. Done it twice before and loved it. Perfect location in the city. Probably won’t watch all 6 games in the ground but at £20 for the full weekend ticket you can’t argue with the value.
    To be fair that is good value.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I don't see what's so Magical, it's just another round of league games.
    There's nothing magical about it all in that sense, you're right. I could live without it as a concept but as a weekend it's decent fun especially up in the Toon which is ready made for a weekend like that. I'm biased because I have mates up there and the missus has family in the North East so we make a mini-holiday out of it, but if you strip away the fact that the games are relatively pointless in terms of the season and just take it for what it is, it's a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I am doing the one day this year. Drive up watch a couple of games and drive back. I am not a fan of the MW concept but TBF Newcastle is a good location.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I am doing the one day this year. Drive up watch a couple of games and drive back. I am not a fan of the MW concept but TBF Newcastle is a good location.
    The main problem is the timing this year, with England v Samoa also at SJP. I have tickets for that, 7 of us going to that and then the Scotland game at Kingston Park the day after, so not sure I'll want to do two weekends in the North East in 6-7 weeks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    There's nothing magical about it all in that sense, you're right. I could live without it as a concept but as a weekend it's decent fun especially up in the Toon which is ready made for a weekend like that. I'm biased because I have mates up there and the missus has family in the North East so we make a mini-holiday out of it, but if you strip away the fact that the games are relatively pointless in terms of the season and just take it for what it is, it's a good weekend.
    I know quite a few lads from that way myself but I doubt any would be interested in going. My old accountant was also from up there, I tried to get him to do a corporate day there but in his words "I wouldn't give those Mag •••••••s the steam off my ••••".

My old accountant was also from up there, I tried to get him to do a corporate day there but in his words "I wouldn't give those Mag •••••••s the steam off my ••••".
    Sunderland fan? If so, quite a measured response really!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Sunderland fan? If so, quite a measured response really!
    was it that obvious?