Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 428 of 462 FirstFirst ... 328378408418424425426427428429430431432438448 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 11544

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I’m convinced now that we’ll be signing someone.

No way the club would the no.3 blank, tease a signing with the comment they’ve made, and then deliver nothing. No chance.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

No way the club would the no.3 blank, tease a signing with the comment they’ve made, and then deliver nothing. No chance.
    Wigan have boosted season tickets sales with talk of Owen Farrell for 2 years.

It is possible, it would be extremely unlike Saints, but possible.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Wigan have boosted season tickets sales with talk of Owen Farrell for 2 years.

It is possible, it would be extremely unlike Saints, but possible.

We’ve never been a club for gimmicks and bullshit though to be fair.

Well, I haven't a clue who it is then.

Looked at NRL off contract centres & only Waqa Blake we've been linked with & it won't be him.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

Looked at NRL off contract centres & only Waqa Blake we've been linked with & it won't be him.
    I think there is hint in the suggestion from McManus (I think it was) around looking at NRL teams top 30s. Certainly implies it’s not going to be an off contract player, but someone from a team who need to free up a spot.

Going from: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugb...fbd679e334a72d

Bulldogs, Eels and South’s are currently the only team without any top 30 spots so that may narrow it down?

Starting A Programme Collection

Waqa Blake, Hymel Hunt & Corey Allen (although he’s more utility) are all off contract and aren’t even linked with anyone in Australia from what I can see

Then there’s obviously Justin Olam who looks to be going to wests tigers and I highly doubt he’d come to Super league at all but you never know

I’m with YG in the belief of they wouldn’t leave the 3 shirt vacant unless they were fairly certain they’d got someone coming in, I can’t ever remember a starting shirt being left vacant going into a new season
    Last edited by saint-spoiler; 25th November 2023 at 00:33.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think there is hint in the suggestion from McManus (I think it was) around looking at NRL teams top 30s. Certainly implies it’s not going to be an off contract player, but someone from a team who need to free up a spot.

Going from: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rugb...fbd679e334a72d

Bulldogs, Eels and South’s are currently the only team without any top 30 spots so that may narrow it down?
    I see what you mean.

They've done well to keep it under wraps then

Quote Originally Posted by saint-spoiler View Post
    Waqa Blake, Hymel Hunt & Corey Allen (although he’s more utility) are all off contract and aren’t even linked with anyone in Australia from what I can see

Then there’s obviously Justin Olam who looks to be going to wests tigers and I highly doubt he’d come to Super league at all but you never know

I’m with YG in the belief of they wouldn’t leave the 3 shirt vacant unless they were fairly certain they’d got someone coming in, I can’t ever remember a starting shirt being left vacant going into a new season
    Fair point. No argument from me

Learning All The Songs

Fair point. No argument from me
    I would like to see Olam here, but it seems highly unlikely. Perhaps they’ve got their eye on somebody that hasn’t come up in conversation yet. I don’t know enough about the game in Australia to guess because I don’t follow it over there.

We do have a knack of finding rough diamonds more often than coal though so I’m happy to be patient. I think we will know fairly soon

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

In that case my best guess would be a squad centre on loan from on of the top clubs?
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Interesting detective work.

I'll give a box of Celebrations to the first person to name this mystery man pre-announcement.

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Interesting detective work.

I'll give a box of Celebrations to the first person to name this mystery man pre-announcement.

Mal Meninga
    He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Interesting news about the number 3 spot remaining vacant for now. We are still 3 months to the start of the season so plenty of Time for some news on this front. All I know, which is nothing, is based on my opinion of the people running the club is that they have the best interests of the club at heart and they have got it right a damn sight more than they haven’t over the last 5 years. By any benchmark that gives them some leeway. Will we win the comp next year? Maybe, maybe not. But if we don’t there is only Wigan who might. In my mind we have a 50:50 chance but I think knowing Saints that is a bet I would take. Half glass full, maybe. But hell COYS.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I can't ever remember having 3 quality centres in our squad, I'd be really surprised if we are looking at an out and out number 3, unless Hurrell has fallen out of favour completely.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I can't ever remember having 3 quality centres in our squad, I'd be really surprised if we are looking at an out and out number 3, unless Hurrell has fallen out of favour completely.

I think, as others have said, given Hurrell's issues at the back end of the season, and Percival's injury record, we do need another centre. The fact that they haven't given Hurrell the number three shirt speaks volumes.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    I think, as others have said, given Hurrell's issues at the back end of the season, and Percival's injury record, we do need another centre. The fact that they haven't given Hurrell the number three shirt speaks volumes.

Didn't Hurrell specifically request the 23 shirt? So that's what he's still got.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post

No it doesn't. The fact that he's been given the number that he wants says much more.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sale_mike View Post
    Interesting news about the number 3 spot remaining vacant for now. We are still 3 months to the start of the season so plenty of Time for some news on this front. All I know, which is nothing, is based on my opinion of the people running the club is that they have the best interests of the club at heart and they have got it right a damn sight more than they haven’t over the last 5 years. By any benchmark that gives them some leeway. Will we win the comp next year? Maybe, maybe not. But if we don’t there is only Wigan who might. In my mind we have a 50:50 chance but I think knowing Saints that is a bet I would take. Half glass full, maybe. But hell COYS.
    Yes, glass half full - but with good reason !

Noooobie

Do we sign a first choice centre to replace Hurrell in the starting 13?

Or go for a “decent” centre, improvement on Davis, to cover any absence with Hurrell.

Or do we use Davis as the centre cover and use the overseas spot elsewhere in the squad?

People seem to think we’re looking for a centre, but the statement made by the club just says we are looking to recruit “someone to take that squad number”.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

Or go for a “decent” centre, improvement on Davis, to cover any absence with Hurrell.

Or do we use Davis as the centre cover and use the overseas spot elsewhere in the squad?

People seem to think we’re looking for a centre, but the statement made by the club just says we are looking to recruit “someone to take that squad number”.
    Anyone we sign now will be a centre, a winger or some sort of hybrid of the two. I'm 100% certain of that. The club wouldn't leave no.3 free and then go and sign a prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

I think we should — and will — go for a player who can be first choice winger and cover centre where necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think we should — and will — go for a player who can be first choice winger and cover centre where necessary.
    I think this could happen too. Sign someone who will start the season at left wing but knowing that the minute Hurrell is out of form/fitness, player X can slot into centre and we have Ritson or Bennison to cover wing.

In The South Stand

Few interesting bits on the Warrington forum this week.

Firstly, it's been reported that the Dwyer exit rumours are untrue, confirmed with quotes from Dwyer himself this time. That can't be an easy situation for him, the club clearly don't want him.

Also, Abe Froman, the most reliable account on their forum for transfer info related to Warrington has put a post on suggesting that they were in the lead for Owen Farrell and that it would have happened had his initial World Cup ban not been overturned. It would have been absolutely priceless to see the Wigan fans reaction to that.

Starting A Programme Collection

I think this could happen too. Sign someone who will start the season at left wing but knowing that the minute Hurrell is out of form/fitness, player X can slot into centre and we have Ritson or Bennison to cover wing.
    I dont think we would have paid £20k to Barrow for Ritson without the intention of him being a first choice winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    I dont think we would have paid £20k to Barrow for Ritson without the intention of him being a first choice winger.
    Possibly. In which case are we going for an out and out centre which would mean we would be paying Hurrell to essentially be a back up. So in either scenario you are going to have 2 of Bennison, Ritson and Hurrell outside the 17 each week.

I wouldn't necessarily say paying Barrow 20k is a cast iron guarantee that Ritson is first choice. I certainly would have him ahead of Bennison though.

I suppose more will be revealed if and when we do sign someone else and we see if they're a centre who can play wing or vice verca.