Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 22 of 468 FirstFirst ... 212181920212223242526324272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Which raises the obvious question of salary cap. I need to get in touch with their accountants.
    Can I once and for all quash the rumour that the Salary Cap applies to the Wire. We are exempt, read the fine print.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Apparantly they have beaten Wigan's offer by almost £100,000. They've also apparantly beaten Leeds' offer for Bentley and are signing a top prop. They are very much going for it (as ever) and with almost every other club at least considering their position due to covid and the losses incurred, they are doubling down and throwing it around. Very much the modern version of Wigan when they used to sign everything with a pulse.
    Oy! You go on the Wire site, start the rumour that we are interested in Bentley and then come on here doubling down and claiming we are interested in him. At least try to be a bit more subtle!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Can I once and for all quash the rumour that the Salary Cap applies to the Wire. We are exempt, read the fine print.
    And it still took a bent ref to win something.

Oy! You go on the Wire site, start the rumour that we are interested in Bentley and then come on here doubling down and claiming we are interested in him. At least try to be a bit more subtle!

Wire have a forum?

I didn’t realise, with you and duckie etc spending time on here.....?

(Before anyone reports me for bullying, it’s good natured banter....)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Bit cruel associating Wolfe with the banjo plucker!
    On a brighter note for wire, if restrictions continue they’ll have a decent excuse for only 4000 turning up if they make the playoffs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Again, it comes down to the RFL not being fit for purpose if they can't enforce their own rules.
    They do occasionally enforce the rules but that depends on which club has broken them, we all know that certain clubs can commit murder without anyone in authority blinking an eye.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    They do occasionally enforce the rules but that depends on which club has broken them, we all know that certain clubs can commit murder without anyone in authority blinking an eye.
    Exactly, so not fit for purpose.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    I hate to be the one to point this out but if you’re being victimised by the RFL they have been remarkably unsuccessful.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

And it still took a bent ref to win something.
    That decision was so early in the game Saints should have been able to overcome it. Sure he made a mistake but that isn’t why you lost.

Starting A Programme Collection

That decision was so early in the game Saints should have been able to overcome it. Sure he made a mistake but that isn’t why you lost.
    It wasn't the only bent decision he managed that day. The Percival knock on after the wire player had knocked the ball into him ? Seem to recall that wire scored off that set.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    It wasn't the only bent decision he managed that day. The Percival knock on after the wire player had knocked the ball into him ? Seem to recall that wire scored off that set.
    There were 6 mistakes in the first 20 minutes from the ref which all benefited Warrington, repeatedly giving them the possession and position, until we cracked and it descended from there. Coupled with us not being as battle hardened as we are now in the big games, we never recovered from that first try after so many decisions against us.

Of course Warrington fans will forever deny this and make out that it was some sort of tactical brilliance of Steve Price (I suppose we should be grateful it’s kept him on the job for the last 2 years). They will conveniently ignore the fact that if Saints are awarded that try, they wouldnt have gotten completely rattled, and would have never looked back…

Williams to Warrington seems to be gathering pace; when are we signing someone?

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    A lot of people are claiming Williams has signed a 3 year deal with Warrington?
    He's said to be back on to these shores in the next few days, so I guess we will know soon enough.

If he is going to Warrington and the plan is for him to play for them straight away, won't they have to move someone on to accommodate him under the cap? I'm not sure on the deadline for mid-season transfers for SL, but I know the date is the 1st of August in the NRL. There's been quite a lot of activity over there in the past couple of weeks, but haven't heard of any links with Warrington players recently.

I think Widdop's performances have really improved this year.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The South Stand

I didn't start that. It was posted on here about a month ago. I don't start rumours, I know no one of any interest to transfer gossip.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    He's said to be back on to these shores in the next few days, so I guess we will know soon enough.

If he is going to Warrington and the plan is for him to play for them straight away, won't they have to move someone on to accommodate him under the cap? I'm not sure on the deadline for mid-season transfers for SL, but I know the date is the 1st of August in the NRL. There's been quite a lot of activity over there in the past couple of weeks, but haven't heard of any links with Warrington players recently.

I think Widdop's performances have really improved this year.
    If this was the case, and they moved someone on, say Austin, they surely his salary for the year would still count against the cap, as they'd be giving him the rest of it in one chunk, to pay him off, instead of over the course of the rest of the year?

So there is no saving against the cap then.

So for Williams to play now, he'd presumably have to play for nothing this season (yes, I know....) and then get this years money deferred till next season when they could fit him in as a marquee?

Unless, of course, Austin says "thanks, yes, I'll go home and you can give the rest of my wages to George instead".........
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

A lot of people are claiming Williams has signed a 3 year deal with Warrington?

I see. Can't say I'd be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I thought Clark had a deal from Gold Coast? Or has that fizzled out?

Lots of teams going through transitions next year; Wigan are staying true to form signing ex players and projects and not much else - they’re in danger of a spine of Hardaker - Richardson - Smith next year which is the least inspiring spine from Wigan in a long time. Leeds and Warrington throwing money around and Huddersfield seem to be doing the same, and Catalans seem to be struggling to tie down the majority of their team (I think they’re team harmony is more affected than even over here).

A prop of Walmsley/Paasi standard, a backrower to replace Bentley, and a fullback/ centre would see me happy, a few projects on top would be icing and a knowles 4 year extension would be the whole cake
    Re: Clark. Yeah, he isn't going to Gold Coast Titans far as I know

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Re: Clark. Yeah, he isn't going to Gold Coast Titans far as I know
    I thought I'd read that Gold Coast had pulled out due to his excessive wage demands

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    If he is going to Warrington and the plan is for him to play for them straight away, won't they have to move someone on to accommodate him under the cap?

Have you not been listening?

Got A Season Ticket

Corey Norman been told by St George he is not being resigned for next year let’s see how long it is before he’s being linked to warrington like every other man and his dog

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Corey Norman been told by St George he is not being resigned for next year let’s see how long it is before he’s being linked to warrington like every other man and his dog
    Warrington will absolutely be interested. They love a good half back, even if they already have a million half backs in their team.

They will never learn that paying silly money for half backs will not win you a super league title when your pack is average

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Hahha! Of course, but in all seriousness, Warrington will likely have to shift someone first if he's going to play for them this year.

The Wigan media are today reporting Williams is going to Warrington and saying Widdop is being linked with a move back to the NRL to accommodate him-

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rug...lliams-3271818

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Norman has said previously that it would be 'too cold' for him over here when Huddersfield came in for him a couple years ago. He may now have to change his mind. He is a good player, so interesting to see how this one develops too.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Warrington will absolutely be interested. They love a good half back, even if they already have a million half backs in their team.

They will never learn that paying silly money for half backs will not win you a super league title when your pack is average
    The rumours out of Warrington are that Williams and Trueman will be their HBs next season. Greg Inglis to leave to allow GW to come in now.

Banned

Anyone who thinks Williams is going to even put an inch of effort into Warrington are massively mistaken. The guy has proven himself to be nothing more than a mercenary ( I don’t blame him for being homesick but demanding the raiders pay him his last 6 months and let him leave is a joke). Look at how all these players come back from AUS they don’t really care. It’s like moving from the Premier league to the SPL. His career at the top level is over and mark my words his performances will show it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    The rumours out of Warrington are that Williams and Trueman will be their HBs next season. Greg Inglis to leave to allow GW to come in now.
    How will they cope without GW?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

I’m glad someone got the memo!