Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 210 of 468 FirstFirst ... 110160190200206207208209210211212213214220230260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Really like the look of Tyler Dupree at Salford, been great for them so far this season and played well back end of last year. Got couple of years left on contract at Salford but only 23, one to keep an eye on i think
    He does look handy doesnt he. Looked decent at Widnes I am surprised that Salford were the best club that came knocking.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    Not a serious suggestion, but thought it was interesting watching NZ Warriors at weekend and seeing Bayley, younger brother of Curtis Sironen and Freddy, younger brother of Joey Lussick, both on pitch together.
    I suggested this a few days back. It is a double whammy. You probably keep Curtis and get a cracking player in Bayley.

Warrington managed a similar trick with the Vinnie and Louis Anderson.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    He does look handy doesnt he. Looked decent at Widnes I am surprised that Salford were the best club that came knocking.
    Looks really good with the ball however can be a disaster without it. Was massively at fault for both of French's tries on Friday.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection

Mikaele leaving Warrington back to nrl GG Titans

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by philthompson View Post
    Mikaele leaving Warrington back to nrl GG Titans
    Interesting. Apparently this has been in the works a while and they are getting a centre to replace him who has recently been cut by an NRL side.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Interesting. Apparently this has been in the works a while and they are getting a centre to replace him who has recently been cut by an NRL side.
    Patrick Herbert?? Just been released by Titans, big coincidence if not him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Think they only signed him because he was available immediately mid season. When they then signed Vaughan, Kasiano and McGuire he was probably no longer vitally important.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Mikaele’s family have struggled. His wife hasn’t settled and his young lad has autism, so they’re going back to Queensland, where he grew up. Think his departure weakens their pack, which is a good thing for the rest of Super League as he and they have started well this year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

It’s being reported he’s going to cats dragons apparently???

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    It’s being reported he’s going to cats dragons apparently???
    They definitely have cap space at catalan and left squad numbers available for additions during the season. Wonder who wire have eye on then, Gildart maybe?? They love signing ex wigan players

In The South Stand

No idea. It was a lad at work who told me, he's got a lad in the academy at Warrington and reckons he's in with Karl. He didn't know the name though. It seems to be the rumour on Twitter that they're signing an outside back and I can't see them being interested in anyone domestic.

Got A Season Ticket

Didn't make the Warriors game, was out voted and was at the Mystics netball! Thought there were a few interesting calls, just before the JAC try the Warriors were denied one and probably didn't get their heads back into it, hence the try from the scrum. Obviously I am biased but felt the Warriors try was good, Kikau stripping the ball should have meant play on and Pompey scores. But evened up with SJ's try, although Maloney himself said he couldn't have got across to tackle him. Still all makes a change for rub of the green going to NZ.

Lewis Dodd has reportedly signed up to an Australian agency. Looks ominous.

In The South Stand

Corey Hall leaving Wakefield to join Hull KR immediately with Will Dagger going the other way.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Corey Hall leaving Wakefield to join Hull KR immediately with Will Dagger going the other way.
    What is it about Wakefield taking terrible swap deals? they swapped McShane for Scott Moore previously which is about on par with the terribleness of this deal too.

Very much appears like Wakefield are preparing for life outside of the top flight. Shame, was hoping Saints picked up Corey Hall as a depth signing after they were relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    What is it about Wakefield taking terrible swap deals? they swapped McShane for Scott Moore previously which is about on par with the terribleness of this deal too.

Very much appears like Wakefield are preparing for life outside of the top flight. Shame, was hoping Saints picked up Corey Hall as a depth signing after they were relegated.
    Thought similar. Hall would have been a good pickup.

Learning All The Songs

Taking this one with a pinch of salt because I'm not completely sold on it, but heard today that Luke Thompson is 'likely' to be back in SL next year.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Taking this one with a pinch of salt because I'm not completely sold on it, but heard today that Luke Thompson is 'likely' to be back in SL next year.
    It's very likely. He's out of contract and unless he gets back fit and in the team and playing well, he won't get any offers from NRL sides. If he does prove his fitness, he would, because he's that good a player. I would love him back at Saints provided we did a proper due dilligence on his concussion issues. He'd improve us massively if we kept the other props we have. I suspect Warrington, Leeds, Leigh, Wigan, Catalans would also be in for him too though, so it'd be a tough one. Watching him play for someone else in Super League would be painful.

Learning All The Songs

It's very likely. He's out of contract and unless he gets back fit and in the team and playing well, he won't get any offers from NRL sides. If he does prove his fitness, he would, because he's that good a player. I would love him back at Saints provided we did a proper due dilligence on his concussion issues. He'd improve us massively if we kept the other props we have. I suspect Warrington, Leeds, Leigh, Wigan, Catalans would also be in for him too though, so it'd be a tough one. Watching him play for someone else in Super League would be painful.
    His agent is apparently talking to clubs currently but his preference is Saints. Again, not sure if it's definitely true or just someone doing a 2+2 job

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Fingers crossed we're in the running if he does decide to come back to SL.

I've heard we're interested in Ben Currie for next season. He'll probably re-sign at Wire but heard we're interested with him being out of contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

I've heard we're interested in Ben Currie for next season. He'll probably re-sign at Wire but heard we're interested with him being out of contract.
    Do King, Clark and Currie have the agency by any chance? We seem to be the name that is dangled to make Karl Kirkpatrick dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

Very good player who has his mojo back.
    Would be relatively short term.

Personally would prefer a 23yoish Batchelor type up and coming, if one exists. Bringing squad age down is important.

Looks like we are going through the wire OCC list and making them bend their cap even further.

In The West Stand

In: Keighran (Catalans), Davies (Catalans), Clark (Warrington), Thompson (Bulldogs), Currie (Warrington)
    Out: Hopoate, Hurrell, Roby, LMS, Mata’utia

Would be the best recruitment year in quite a long time

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    In: Keighran (Catalans), Davies (Catalans), Clark (Warrington), Thompson (Bulldogs), Currie (Warrington)
    Out: Hopoate, Hurrell, Roby, LMS, Mata’utia

Would be the best recruitment year in quite a long time
    I think we will keep Hurrell on current form, he is on relatively small wage and has done well for us. Who else is on the market that poses threat he does and provides better value for money. No-one certainly not domestically.

Learning All The Songs

I think we will keep Hurrell on current form, he is on relatively small wage and has done well for us. Who else is on the market that poses threat he does and provides better value for money. No-one certainly not domestically.
    I'd agree with this, I wouldn't be in any rush to replace Hurrell I think he's worth keeping on.