Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 21 of 468 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425314171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I'd say Naiqama is better than Dugan at the moment. He seems to be done. I don't think he could comfortably walk to the front door, never mind play a full season with anywhere near his former contribution.
    I don't watch a great deal of NRL so don't really know. I'm not a big fan of Naiqama but if there's no one better available then it's a no brainer for me.

In The West Stand

We seem to have gone from famine to feast in the space of a few days rumours wise;

In; Dufty (Dragons), Satae (Hull), Edwards (Huddersfield)
    Out; Coote (Australia), Naiqama (retired?), Fages (Huddersfield), Bentley (Warrington?), Amor (?), LMS (retired?)

Dufty
    Makinson Welsby Percival Grace
    Lomax Dodd
    Walmsley Roby Satae
    Mata’utia Edwards
    Knowles

Smith Thompson Lees Paasi

Feels a bit fantasy manager at the moment, the whole player market is a bit fluid

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    Not doubting you Ralph, probably more likely than Dufty
    I hope it is Dufty. I think he would be a great acquisition

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    We seem to have gone from famine to feast in the space of a few days rumours wise;

Out; Coote (Australia), Naiqama (retired?), Fages (Huddersfield), Bentley (Warrington?), Amor (?), LMS (retired?)

Dufty
    Lomax Dodd
    Walmsley Roby Satae
    Mata’utia Edwards
    Knowles

Feels a bit fantasy manager at the moment, the whole player market is a bit fluid
    Where has the Bentley to Warrington rumour come from? I thought he was linked with Leeds or have they cooled off because of his injury?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Where has the Bentley to Warrington rumour come from? I thought he was linked with Leeds or have they cooled off because of his injury?
    I’ve seen warrington fans being Warrington fans and guessing since Leeds are rumoured to be interested in Edwards as well, which would be odd if they already have Bentley … it could be complete nonsense though

Dufty and Satae are the 2 I’d want from them, and I’d be happy for Kev N to do another year. Really dislike Edwards though, he’s a grub of the worst kind, would fit in at the goons. I was just behind the place he launched the ball at in the crowd at Bolton, really spiteful and nasty natured snake of a man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Shaun Johnson open to a super league switch next season.

Got A Season Ticket

I’m also hearing rumours that Richardson might be Wigan bound next season lol

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    I’m also hearing rumours that Richardson might be Wigan bound next season lol

Seriously? Wonder that means for Williams then?

Shaun Johnson open to a super league switch next season.
    Could see him going to Hull. Don't know why. Just could

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    He was one of us. He started off at St. Pats but went to play for Newton Storm after that. The Chief may have some info on why that was.
    Think it came down to the fact that the storm team were pretty much the team to beat at that age group and as always happens in junior rugby, as lads get towards scholarship age, there is a bit of jossling around so they get seen more regularly by certain clubs.

We will both agree, Herbie was a class act from what I saw of him. The team I was coaching was 2 years older so didn’t get to see him week on week

Starting A Programme Collection

Dougan is well finished. It's amazing that he get a game in the NRL now. I can't see us having any interest at all in him.
    Kenny Edwards is certainly not a Saints type of player, his character is questionable to say the least, hence him leaving Australia.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Could see him going to Hull. Don't know why. Just could
    That was my first thought too.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Seriously? Wonder that means for Williams then?
    A lot of people are claiming Williams has signed a 3 year deal with Warrington?

In The South Stand

A lot of people are claiming Williams has signed a 3 year deal with Warrington?
    Apparantly they have beaten Wigan's offer by almost £100,000. They've also apparantly beaten Leeds' offer for Bentley and are signing a top prop. They are very much going for it (as ever) and with almost every other club at least considering their position due to covid and the losses incurred, they are doubling down and throwing it around. Very much the modern version of Wigan when they used to sign everything with a pulse.

Learning All The Songs

For a one year only contract I'd sign Sam Kasiano from Catalan, Very destructive we he comes on. Has he got a good year in him i don't know?

Learning All The Songs

Dufty
    Lomax Dodd
    Walmsley Roby Satae
    Mata’utia Edwards
    Knowles

Where has Satae come from or is this just your wish list?

Banned

Apparantly they have beaten Wigan's offer by almost £100,000. They've also apparantly beaten Leeds' offer for Bentley and are signing a top prop. They are very much going for it (as ever) and with almost every other club at least considering their position due to covid and the losses incurred, they are doubling down and throwing it around. Very much the modern version of Wigan when they used to sign everything with a pulse.
    Which raises the obvious question of salary cap. I need to get in touch with their accountants.

Wow!
    That would be some spending spree.
    And all within their salary cap, and as usual...............!

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by palmorr View Post
    Wow!
    That would be some spending spree.
    And all within their salary cap, and as usual...............!
    To be fair to them on this occasion, I think they’re losing 10 players this year (Inglis, Austin, Lineham, Hill (I think), Clark (maybe?), J Clark, Akkulou or whatever his name is, Mamo + kids). If they’ve spent big on Williams (assume he would be a marquee so beating Wigan by 100k doesn’t matter from an SC perspective) and Bentley, as well as a prop, they once again have a massively unbalanced squad (why would you need Currie, Bentley, Holmes and Hughes as second rowers?)

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Where has Satae come from or is this just your wish list?
    Mixture of pub chat and wishlist - it’s a rumour I want to happen, and he’s not signed a new contract with Hull but not announced, like Connor/Cator/Mau

In The South Stand

To be fair to them on this occasion, I think they’re losing 10 players this year (Inglis, Austin, Lineham, Hill (I think), Clark (maybe?), J Clark, Akkulou or whatever his name is, Mamo + kids). If they’ve spent big on Williams (assume he would be a marquee so beating Wigan by 100k doesn’t matter from an SC perspective) and Bentley, as well as a prop, they once again have a massively unbalanced squad (why would you need Currie, Bentley, Holmes and Hughes as second rowers?)
    Clark isn't going unless he manages to secure an NRL deal. Widdop is another who is looking to leave Warrington according to the rumours. More related to wanting to get back to his family in Australia than anything. I think Inglis, Austin, Akuolo are all going with Widdop a strong possibility. Mamo has signed for Castleford I believe.

Hill I think depends on how he finishes the season. He's been poor so far and fancied a season at Leigh. But with them likely to be relegated and looking at a very bleak future according to their owners program notes, I can't see that happening. There's always Wakefield or Salford though.

In The West Stand

Clark isn't going unless he manages to secure an NRL deal. Widdop is another who is looking to leave Warrington according to the rumours. More related to wanting to get back to his family in Australia than anything. I think Inglis, Austin, Akuolo are all going with Widdop a strong possibility. Mamo has signed for Castleford I believe.

Hill I think depends on how he finishes the season. He's been poor so far and fancied a season at Leigh. But with them likely to be relegated and looking at a very bleak future according to their owners program notes, I can't see that happening. There's always Wakefield or Salford though.
    I thought Clark had a deal from Gold Coast? Or has that fizzled out?

Lots of teams going through transitions next year; Wigan are staying true to form signing ex players and projects and not much else - they’re in danger of a spine of Hardaker - Richardson - Smith next year which is the least inspiring spine from Wigan in a long time. Leeds and Warrington throwing money around and Huddersfield seem to be doing the same, and Catalans seem to be struggling to tie down the majority of their team (I think they’re team harmony is more affected than even over here).

A prop of Walmsley/Paasi standard, a backrower to replace Bentley, and a fullback/ centre would see me happy, a few projects on top would be icing and a knowles 4 year extension would be the whole cake

Starting A Programme Collection

But without the trophies!!!!

Banned

The annoying thing is, at some point, it probably will click into place for Warrington and they'll be carrying on like they're the second coming. I have no issue with them throwing their cash about but I do have an issue with the way they pay their players. Surely given the rules regarding the SC every club should be auditted. I know there's obviously ways around this but to me, they're basically taking the •••• out of the league although I don't for a minute think they're alone in that. Again, it comes down to the RFL not being fit for purpose if they can't enforce their own rules.