Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 131 of 468 FirstFirst ... 3181111121127128129130131132133134135141151181231 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Luke Hooley from Batley. Saints interested.
    http://forums.redvee.net/showthread....l=1#post825072

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Don’t get much of a sense of his pace from that video but looks a big strong lad, good in the air and good hands. Would probably be a bit wasted on the wing but could be a long term project for full back if Welsby moves to 6 when Lomax retires.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Just a rumour i heard today, I never heard of him TBH. We deffo need cover in the backs.
    Does the club need cover in the backs though? There's already Jon Bennison, Ben Davies, Hurrell/Hopoate, dependant on whom is deemed first choice centre for 2023 and the player Saints signed as a development player from Widnes, Danny Hill. Apparently he can play full back, wing and centre. I'm sure there's a couple others that could be added to the list as well from the academy.

For 2023 a first choice winger is a must and I don't think this player fits the bill for that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    DonÂ’t get much of a sense of his pace from that video but looks a big strong lad, good in the air and good hands. Would probably be a bit wasted on the wing but could be a long term project for full back if Welsby moves to 6 when Lomax retires.
    I've spoken about players I'd be keeping tabs on for full back, wing and centre before... so just to say, if it turns out the other way around and Welsby wants to stays at 1 and Saints need a half, two I'd be monitoring from SL are Brodie Croft and Mikey Lewis.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Does the club need cover in the backs though? There's already Jon Bennison, Ben Davies, Hurrell/Hopoate, dependant on whom is deemed first choice centre for 2023 and the player Saints signed as a development player from Widnes, Danny Hill. Apparently he can play full back, wing and centre. I'm sure there's a couple others that could be added to the list as well from the academy.

For 2023 a first choice winger is a must and I don't think this player fits the bill for that spot.

I've spoken about players I'd be keeping tabs on for full back, wing and centre before... so just to say, if it turns out the other way around and Welsby wants to stays at 1 and Saints need a half, two I'd be monitoring from SL are Brodie Croft and Mikey Lewis.
    Leeds look like favourites so might not be worth worrying about.

However he might be being looked at for the original role for Hopoate ie FB/ Centre.
    Given question marks over Hopaote Percival and that Dodd will take time to ease in.

Makinson being the only remaining winger for 2023 means a winger is a must.Hooley is not a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Leeds look like favourites so might not be worth worrying about.

However he might be being looked at for the original role for Hopoate ie FB/ Centre.
    Given question marks over Hopaote Percival and that Dodd will take time to ease in.

Makinson being the only remaining winger for 2023 means a winger is a must.Hooley is not a winger.
    I'd be looking to find a new club for Hopoate, especially after re-signing Hurrell. Then by all means, if the club feel they need more depth or a development player then that's fine. *Providing non-quota. Hopoate leaving frees up one quota spot. I've been clear on letting Bell go too, so would give the club two quota spots to play with.

That would give more flexibility in terms of bringing in a first choice strike winger and then other areas to look at such as dynamic 14/half/2nd hooker.

We share the concerns on wing Gerry...

Wigan's back 3: Field, Marshall, French* if he re-signs
    Warrington back 3: Dufty, Ashton, Wrench/Thewlis
    Catalan back 3: Tomkins, Davies, Yaha/ Johnstone
    Saints: Welsby, Makinson, ?
    Last edited by Mike Stephenson; 2nd August 2022 at 00:12.

Learning All The Songs

Luke Hooley from Batley. Saints interested.
    No thanks - no pace at all just a "steady eaddie". Not even as good as young Bennison so can't see why Saints are even interested.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

We can watch of him on Sunday. Halifax v Batley 18.30 on Premier Sports 1.
    Last edited by Two Wheeled Saint; 2nd August 2022 at 12:16.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    No thanks - no pace at all just a "steady eaddie". Not even as good as young Bennison so can't see why Saints are even interested.
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/exclu...n-smith-56976/

Rumoured to be Leeds.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Looks decent from those clips - though hard to tell without watching him week in week out and against better opposition.
    Would seem like a good project player with potential though - who might break through as a 1st team regular as have a few other players in recent times at Saints.
    Last player I can remember that we signed from Batley did okay ; )
    On that basis... sign him up!

Learning All The Songs

Joe Bachelor came into us around this age and look how he turned out? Only thing is Joe took a good few years to get upto speed were we need a winger next season who can kick goals.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Joe Bachelor came into us around this age and look how he turned out? Only thing is Joe took a good few years to get upto speed were we need a winger next season who can kick goals.
    Not sure the last part should be on the criteria when looking for someone. We have Dodd, Makinson and Percival who can all kick.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Not sure the last part should be on the criteria when looking for someone. We have Dodd, Makinson and Percival who can all kick.
    And Lomax and Bennison although Bennison could probably do without the pressure.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    And Lomax and Bennison although Bennison could probably do without the pressure.
    Yeah true.

If any new signing can kick then it's a bonus but it certainly isn't something that should rule anyone out or make us buy an inferior player simply because they can kick goals.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    I'd be looking to find a new club for Hopoate, especially after re-signing Hurrell. Then by all means, if the club feel they need more depth or a development player then that's fine. *Providing non-quota. Hopoate leaving frees up one quota spot. I've been clear on letting Bell go too, so would give the club two quota spots to play with.

That would give more flexibility in terms of bringing in a first choice strike winger and then other areas to look at such as dynamic 14/half/2nd hooker.

We share the concerns on wing Gerry...

Wigan's back 3: Field, Marshall, French* if he re-signs
    Warrington back 3: Dufty, Ashton, Wrench/Thewlis
    Catalan back 3: Tomkins, Davies, Yaha/ Johnstone
    Saints: Welsby, Makinson, ?
    ABC reporting in Australia that French has signed a 3 year deal with Newcastle Knights. Big loss for Wigan but not a surprising one. Field will be gone soon enough if he keeps playing well, at the end of his deal in 2024 if not before.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

ABC reporting in Australia that French has signed a 3 year deal with Newcastle Knights. Big loss for Wigan but not a surprising one. Field will be gone soon enough if he keeps playing well, at the end of his deal in 2024 if not before.
    Not sure about Field offering much unless he is given space. French is a real competitor, and will be a big miss for them.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Not sure about Field offering much unless he is given space. French is a real competitor, and will be a big miss for them.
    The two work well in combination so if French goes Field won’t have as many options unless Wigan come up with a magic signing using the money released by French leaving.

If this story materialises and French is leaving Wigan, it is a big loss for them as you say Wee Waa.

The knock-on effect could very well be that Saints and Wigan will both be in the market for a winger for next year and you'd think will be looking at the same players. Will be an interesting one to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    The two work well in combination so if French goes Field won’t have as many options unless Wigan come up with a magic signing using the money released by French leaving.
    If French does go, unless they sign a like for like, then Field as well as not having as many options will also be marked more closely.

Learning All The Songs

Davies back to Wigan must be odds on now. They love bringing back former players.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Davies back to Wigan must be odds on now. They love bringing back former players.
    Martin Offiah on a four year deal. He used to be fast, must still be a bit fast..

In The South Stand

I wouldn't be surprised if the French to the NRL rumour was just his agent trying to scare Wigan into matching what they're asking for. It's been clear for several months that French's expectations aren't being met by Wigan's offer. They've used links to Hull to drive the offer up and now the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the French to the NRL rumour was just his agent trying to scare Wigan into matching what they're asking for. It's been clear for several months that French's expectations aren't being met by Wigan's offer. They've used links to Hull to drive the offer up and now the NRL.
    Whether he leaves Wigan or costs them more it is good for us.

Got A Season Ticket

Spoken to Josh Mansour apparantly

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Not a player I'd go for.

His agent is probably offering him to SL clubs I'd imagine- he's available and off contract at the end of the year. Don't think Souths will offer him a new one. Hardly played since moving from Penrith at the start of last season. That has mainly been due to selection preferences rather than injury too as far as I gather. And whilst I've said that if it is a player from the NRL Saints go for, they'll be in a similar boat to Mansour in struggling to command a starting spot, there's others I'd be talking to.

Just looking at the off contract list over there... Taane Milne and Jaxson Paulo still on it, both at Souths and can (and have) played wing for them this year as well as centre. Milne has shown up well in the games I've seen of him this season.
    Last edited by Mike Stephenson; 8th August 2022 at 00:10.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Saint View Post
    Not good. Him, Davies and Hopoate in the same team.