Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 13 of 468 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617233363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Out of curiosity how many moderators are there and how much time is spent moderating the site and finally, how do the moderators perceive their role?

Do moderators think it’s reasonable to ask moderators to “police” verbal abuse? If so what would be considered acceptable and what would be seen as crossing a line? Personally, I don’t enjoy the verbal abuse that sometimes happens and would like moderators to do something about it. But maybe we are all responsible for our own actions and all members could speak up if they think someone has crossed a line.

I think, for example, Stevo was understandably annoyed but raising a question about someone’s mental health crosses a line. Just my opinion and we all do or say unwise things when we are riled
    There’s a ‘report’ function you can use on any post where you feel it’s appropriate that will bring it to the attention of the mods whether they’ve seen it or not. The function asks you for a reason as well so you can give your views as to why you feel it’s inappropriate. Not sure how many mods there are but there’s clearly a few active ones who likely read everything that’s posted and there certainly have been threads cleaned up and warnings/bans handed out when they’ve felt it necessary.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    There’s a ‘report’ function you can use on any post where you feel it’s appropriate that will bring it to the attention of the mods whether they’ve seen it or not. The function asks you for a reason as well so you can give your views as to why you feel it’s inappropriate. Not sure how many mods there are but there’s clearly a few active ones who likely read everything that’s posted and there certainly have been threads cleaned up and warnings/bans handed out when they’ve felt it necessary.
    Thanks. I didn’t know that

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Our paths will have crossed in the George for sure YG but I couldn't say I'd recognise you
    He is the one who always bangs his head going in the door.

In The West Stand

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...league-5487808

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super...er-club-39968/

Anyone worth considering? I still think Johnson on a 1/2 year deal to ease Dodd into 7 (instead of game time at 9) and Woods would be a great pair, based on who we’re supposed to be losing

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    I think, for example, Stevo was understandably annoyed but raising a question about someone’s mental health crosses a line. Just my opinion and we all do or say unwise things when we are riled
    The said individual has spoken about his struggles with his mental health on another thread and that's why I referenced it, Pasty. I said that I hope he gets the support he needs for that, but it can't be a justification for speaking to other forum members (or anybody else as for that matter) as he does. This is a rugby league forum and it's okay to have disagreements, everyone sees the game differently. The other rubbish that can be seen as you say, is unnecessary, in bad taste and should be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

Anyone worth considering? I still think Johnson on a 1/2 year deal to ease Dodd into 7 (instead of game time at 9) and Woods would be a great pair, based on who we’re supposed to be losing
    They're all good players; Matt Moylan has a similar skill set to Coote incidentally. Will be interesting to see who does come to SL and not just to Saints, if the club does look to recruit from over there.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

There are only 3 mods myself, Gray and The Verminator who to be honest I haven’t noticed around in a while . Then there is Red Vee Admin.
    We are really just long-standing forum members ourselves and work full time. I don’t hang around here anywhere near as much as years ago. I’m very busy with work and frankly this place isn’t what it once was. Forums are generally quieter these days and RL Fans died a death.
    It’s not a job! We do try to keep an eye and we do deal with reported posts when necessary.
    To be honest this place should just be a place to have some fun and have healthy debates. I’m not sure why supposedly fully grown mature adults need to get aggressive, abusive over such things but maybe it’s just me!

Johnson and Woods. You could get a Dufty for that.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Pass the Dufty on the left hand side....

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    There are only 3 mods myself, Gray and The Verminator who to be honest I haven’t noticed around in a while . Then there is Red Vee Admin.
    We are really just long-standing forum members ourselves and work full time. I don’t hang around here anywhere near as much as years ago. I’m very busy with work and frankly this place isn’t what it once was. Forums are generally quieter these days and RL Fans died a death.
    It’s not a job! We do try to keep an eye and we do deal with reported posts when necessary.
    To be honest this place should just be a place to have some fun and have healthy debates. I’m not sure why supposedly fully grown mature adults need to get aggressive, abusive over such things but maybe it’s just me!
    Thanks Div and well said

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I can't see us having the salary cap space to spend big on a prop like Woods. Moylan, Cartwright and Burns will be staying in the NRL. Johnson looks like he is out of the door at Cronulla but I still think there's options for him in the NRL and if he's turned down an offer of $400k (£217k) from Cronulla I can't see him coming over here for less than that. Which pretty much puts him as an option for Warrington and no-one else.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    The said individual has spoken about his struggles with his mental health on another thread and that's why I referenced it, Pasty. I said that I hope he gets the support he needs for that, but it can't be a justification for speaking to other forum members (or anybody else as for that matter) as he does. This is a rugby league forum and it's okay to have disagreements, everyone sees the game differently. The other rubbish that can be seen as you say, is unnecessary, in bad taste and should be called out.

They're all good players; Matt Moylan has a similar skill set to Coote incidentally. Will be interesting to see who does come to SL and not just to Saints, if the club does look to recruit from over there.
    Ok thanks Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    He is the one who always bangs his head going in the door.
    Ooooh right rings a bell

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I can't see us having the salary cap space to spend big on a prop like Woods. Moylan, Cartwright and Burns will be staying in the NRL. Johnson looks like he is out of the door at Cronulla but I still think there's options for him in the NRL and if he's turned down an offer of $400k (£217k) from Cronulla I can't see him coming over here for less than that. Which pretty much puts him as an option for Warrington and no-one else.

Johnson spoke very highly of English crowds on Bloke In A Bar podcast. He will probably have a few offers in Australia though. He's only 30 and £217k is serious cash for a super league club

Starting A Programme Collection

Aaron Woods would be a great signing if we needed a prop, but is sure to stay in the NRL. I always feel that Johnson is a bit hit & miss & too tempted by the flashy stuff. Moylan isn't the player he once was so he's not an option I would like to to chase.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    There is no place for verbal abuse, everyone has the right to their thought's and opinions whatever name they use.
    I’ve not been here long but that’s pretty much all Angry Dave does, abuse people. It was cool and edgy back in 1995 when the Internet first started but now it’s just sa-a-aaad

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    Aaron Woods would be a great signing if we needed a prop, but is sure to stay in the NRL. I always feel that Johnson is a bit hit & miss & too tempted by the flashy stuff. Moylan isn't the player he once was so he's not an option I would like to to chase.
    I wood take woods in a heartbeat! Johnson seems to have gone off the boil recently and if we had cash to burn I’d rather we went big on a full back if Coote leaves

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Just caught up on the highlights of the game today and as others have said, Dufty was brilliant and doing all he can to put himself in the shop window- https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/03/...ons-v-broncos/

Wherever he ends up, he's going to be an exciting signing for someone.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Ive never really rated Woods. The bulldogs fans were glad to see him go and i can’t see many Sharks fans shedding tears either. He would want good money too. If we’re getting overseas forwards i prefer big young raw talent Tongan types than someone like Woods.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Ive never really rated Woods. The bulldogs fans were glad to see him go and i can’t see many Sharks fans shedding tears either. He would want good money too. If we’re getting overseas forwards i prefer big young raw talent Tongan types than someone like Woods.
    He seems to go well when I see him play. I would rather have Rudolph though and there is no way we will be in for Woods, we seem well stacked for props. Wonder if the pies will be interested ? They need 3 or 4 props ! Maybe Burgess would recommend them for a holiday in England ?

Woods was a big thing once. James Graham had to move to fit under the Canterbury cap.
    I don't see the wow but seems decent.

Is prop an area to recruit high end?

Walmsley and Passi are signed up as the big dogs.
    Lees and Norman are also contracted.

LMS and Amor to go but wouldn't they be
    replaced by young domestic props?
    I know Saints are in for Ebon Scurr
    Add to that someone like Oliver Wilson.

Not forgetting Batchelor who is prop of sorts.
    That's 7 props.

If there is any money to be spent wouldn't that be spent on the spine at 1 and/or 9 ?

In The West Stand

He seems to go well when I see him play. I would rather have Rudolph though and there is no way we will be in for Woods, we seem well stacked for props. Wonder if the pies will be interested ? They need 3 or 4 props ! Maybe Burgess would recommend them for a holiday in England ?
    If LMS and Amor go, that just leaves us with Walmsley, Lees and Paasi for props, with maybe Batchelor (if he’s still around) as a back up. I know people think both could likely go round again, but I don’t think it’s the right answer for us, and another top quality prop would be 1st in my wishlist. Paasi and Walmsley play off each other, and I am still hopeful Lees can get to that level, so we need another at that level to complete us.

That being said, Woods has the touch of the Josh Perry about him ... have Bulldogs lost enough games yet for us to play the Luke Thompson game?

If LMS and Amor go, that just leaves us with Walmsley, Lees and Paasi for props, with maybe Batchelor (if he’s still around) as a back up. I know people think both could likely go round again, but I don’t think it’s the right answer for us, and another top quality prop would be 1st in my wishlist. Paasi and Walmsley play off each other, and I am still hopeful Lees can get to that level, so we need another at that level to complete us.

That being said, Woods has the touch of the Josh Perry about him ... have Bulldogs lost enough games yet for us to play the Luke Thompson game?
    Agree with you on LMS/Amor. You have missed Norman he's a prop as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'd still be looking to keep one of Amor or LMS next season and then possibly look to signing a younger replacement for the other (Scurr has been linked). Good props are hard to find and if you go to the NRL you're paying a premium. We've already got one in Paasi so not sure we should look for another high earning propwhen we have other key areas to fill.

I'd rather us use that money to look at the backs and hooker position if we did end up losing Coote, Fages, Naiqama and Roby. Whilst Dodd, Welsby, Smith etc will come into contention some experience in those areas around them would be where I'd be looking to bring players in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Woods is garbage and would definitely want big money. He's a third man in tough guy and one of those players you want to see put in their place

Sent from my SM-A716B using Tapatalk

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'd still be looking to keep one of Amor or LMS next season and then possibly look to signing a younger replacement for the other (Scurr has been linked). Good props are hard to find and if you go to the NRL you're paying a premium. We've already got one in Paasi so not sure we should look for another high earning propwhen we have other key areas to fill.

I'd rather us use that money to look at the backs and hooker position if we did end up losing Coote, Fages, Naiqama and Roby. Whilst Dodd, Welsby, Smith etc will come into contention some experience in those areas around them would be where I'd be looking to bring players in.
    It’s a lot easier to settle in Dodds and Welsby in key positions if you have the forward domination that Saints 2019 had for example. If Welsby/Simm/Dodd is the Coote/Naiqama/Fages replacement plan stretching the advantage we have in the forwards is key.

I did forget Norman admittedly, and do still hope that will work out for us, but at best he could be considered a 5th choice prop for next year, given he’s not really even had a consideration this year.

Though Roby retiring very much switches the focus. But I’m not even sure who we could even target for that? I keep reading about the raiders disruption, would Josh Hodgson be possible? Would it be worth it?