Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 101 of 468 FirstFirst ... 518191979899100101102103104105111121151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Must be gutting when you offload a player who goes on to find his best form for another club. But it’s Leeds, so i don’t feel too sorry
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I think we all raised eyebrows when we signed Hurrell after signing Hopoate, but fair play he's been very good for us and played the majority of our games. I'd be happy for him to stay another season if the terms were decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I think we all raised eyebrows when we signed Hurrell after signing Hopoate, but fair play he's been very good for us and played the majority of our games. I'd be happy for him to stay another season if the terms were decent.
    It's a shame he has that achilles heel with his defensive decision making, but I suppose he probably wouldn't be playing in Super League if he didn't. For me the positives very much outweigh the negatives and if we can sign him up for another year or two on a reasonable wage we should definitely go for it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    It's a shame he has that achilles heel with his defensive decision making, but I suppose he probably wouldn't be playing in Super League if he didn't. For me the positives very much outweigh the negatives and if we can sign him up for another year or two on a reasonable wage we should definitely go for it.
    How many tries has he actually cost us with his defence though? Hurrell has always been a good player when he’s been fit. Challenge was motivating him to get fit. The footwork and acceleration he showed to set up Lomax’s try is evidence of that. A lad his size is always going to have moments where he’s blowing out of his arse when playing 80 minutes but overall he’s not been struggling too much. Definitely like to keep him if we can.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

We should definitely be looking to keep him if his form doesn't drop between now and the end of the season.

The little step he did to shift away from the Hull lad, was brilliant centre play.

In The South Stand

What we expected to get from him looking at him in a Leeds shirt last year and what we’ve got out of him this year out of more appearances than we probably expected him to have played in so far is worlds apart. If we can get him for another year at similar money, I’d be happy.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Just wish we had managed to get him 3 years younger.

Learning All The Songs

Cooper is of interest to Saints? First rumour of the year for me.

The bulldogs having an emergency meeting with Trent Barrett. He may have coached his last game for them. They may want Woolf. He would probably be a good fit for them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Sorry but that is completely irrelevant. That was a one off game against 12 men with a completely makeshift 1,6,7 thrown together (and then changed again on the day when Hohaia went off and Makinson went to 1).

Anyone who thinks Makinson is a long term answer at 1 really doesn't understand the role of a full back nowadays. They're a essentially a 3rd half back and are responsible for creating tries as much as or if not more than the actual half backs are. Makinson is not that type of player. He is a world class winger. Talk of moving him is lunacy.
    This is pretty much right on the nail.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    The bulldogs having an emergency meeting with Trent Barrett. He may have coached his last game for them. They may want Woolf. He would probably be a good fit for them.
    Phil Gould always speaks highly of Cameron Ciraldo, hope it is him he's lining up

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Cooper is of interest to Saints? First rumour of the year for me.
    I’ve heard Cooper too, and to be honest he’s the first name that jumped out at me when looking at the OOC list this year. He’s experienced, played in Aus and Warringtons ahem “glory years” winning the Challenge Cup with them, and we’re losing a lot of experience in the front row with Amor and LMS, and we don’t have much flexibility with us being at the non fed limit and seemingly not having much flexibility. I do caveat though he would be a good 4th prop, trying to replace Lees with Cooper would be a much less tolerable proposition.

Walmsley Lees Cooper Paasi, with Norman and Baxter backing up would be a continue our strength in the front row.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I’ve heard Cooper too, and to be honest he’s the first name that jumped out at me when looking at the OOC list this year. He’s experienced, played in Aus and Warringtons ahem “glory years” winning the Challenge Cup with them, and we’re losing a lot of experience in the front row with Amor and LMS, and we don’t have much flexibility with us being at the non fed limit and seemingly not having much flexibility. I do caveat though he would be a good 4th prop, trying to replace Lees with Cooper would be a much less tolerable proposition.

Walmsley Lees Cooper Paasi, with Norman and Baxter backing up would be a continue our strength in the front row.
    I would be happy with that front row. If we did go for Cooper, probably a 1 year contract, he will be 34 in 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would be happy with that front row. If we did go for Cooper, probably a 1 year contract, he will be 34 in 3-4 months.
    Wow i didn’t know Cooper’s that old.

Probably get shot down for this but I wouldn’t even mind Scarsbrook going around again for the right price. He’s part of the furniture, brings a lot of energy to the team, doesn’t seem to pick up knocks and can play a couple of positions. He may not want to play on but i wouldn’t mind him being here for one more year.

Regarding Roby, i see absolutely no reason why he couldn’t go around for at least one more season. If he is too old now he certainly doesn’t show it in his performances. Machine.

I don’t think McManus would stand in the way of any player wanting to test themselves in the NRL. I’ve said a few times that the NRL doesn’t have the talent for 17 teams. They are gonna come looking over here for some players.
    I don’t want to be a doomsayer but I’m worried that it may be quicker just to list the players that will still be Saints in 2023 than it is to list the ones who may leave

Probably get shot down for this but I wouldn’t even mind Scarsbrook going around again for the right price. He’s part of the furniture, brings a lot of energy to the team, doesn’t seem to pick up knocks and can play a couple of positions. He may not want to play on but i wouldn’t mind him being here for one more year.

Regarding Roby, i see absolutely no reason why he couldn’t go around for at least one more season. If he is too old now he certainly doesn’t show it in his performances. Machine.
    You won’t get shot down by me. LMS keeps contributing and while he’s doing that I can’t see any harm in giving him another year.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I certainly did and that was the point I made when the rumour remained. Hurrell's skill set suited what Saints needed after losing KN. In the 2 of the 3 years he was at Leeds, he was a dream team centre. He has a chance of being a dream team centre again this year if he keeps up his performances.

If Hurrell is re-signed and same with Paasi and Mata'utia, Saints would have no quota spots to use for 2023. That is something to think about.

In other news, I read Matt Parcell has re-signed with HKR. Good re-signing for them.

Heard that said on the coverage of the NRL magic round today... it doesn't look good for Barrett and if he does lose his job, it may well be that if he wants another head coaching position, he may have to come to SL. It didn't work out for him at Manly either, before he got the job at Canterbury. Woolf could have competition from two former premiership winning coaches in Green and Flanagan, at least.

I don’t think McManus would stand in the way of any player wanting to test themselves in the NRL. I’ve said a few times that the NRL doesn’t have the talent for 17 teams. They are gonna come looking over here for some players.
    I've said the same and think they (the Dolphins) only have 12 players confirmed as yet.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

You won’t get shot down by me. LMS keeps contributing and while he’s doing that I can’t see any harm in giving him another year.
    Glad I’m not alone then haha.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

LMS has been worth his bench spot this year. Always seems to bring a bit of zip to the forwards.

Learning All The Songs

We have one "Achilles heel" problem which is enough without mentioning more Dux.

On the transfer tom toms I hope we are in for Tee Ritson whether Regan is leaving or not Tommy is 31 this year and speed is the loser as age progresses.
    If the Cooper rumor is true he would be a good fit for a year at his age, he has looked after himself and speed was never his asset, he tried to follow a Vegan diet a few years ago but lost too much weight so switched to Pescatarian to maintain his playing weight.
    Pity he did not come a few years ago and rent a house with Gary Wheeler !!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    LMS has been worth his bench spot this year. Always seems to bring a bit of zip to the forwards.
    He's been very good again this year

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    He's been very good again this year

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
    He seems to have added challenging for the ball from kicks this season with some success.

I think another year would be great, even if its from a perspective of leading the youngsters.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Official now Fishy and apparently Barrett resigned- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntBHZWQ75og

Interesting to see what happens there moving forwards and what Barrett does next.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Official now Fishy and apparently Barrett resigned- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntBHZWQ75og

Interesting to see what happens there moving forwards and what Barrett does next.
    Jumped before pushed I reckon.