Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 247 of 468 FirstFirst ... 147197227237243244245246247248249250251257267297347 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Why would we keep Royle? He must be mid-20s now and he's got absolutely no chance of playing for us regularly.
    Don't think its necessarily a case of wanting to keep Royle but given the probability of Matuatia leaving, Bell playing most of his game time at Loose forward, Matthew Foster coming back off 2 long term knee injuries and Wello's reluctance to give any game time to Lewis Baxter this season (often in favour of playing Royle) then who else is there in the squad that can cover 4th/5th choice in the backs? And there is very slim pickings on the talent list from other clubs especially anyone
    that can fulfil that role earning the peanuts that Royle is on.

We can't just sign Clark.

We're likely to be losing:
    Roby
    LMS
    Mata'utia
    Hopoate
    Davies
    Norman
    Royle

Roby replaced by Clark.

LMS, Mata'utia and Hopoate will all be on decent money, the latter two probably very decent money. Madness if we don't replace them with signings. It doesn't necessarily need to be the same position, but it needs to be first team players who will get in the 17.

I don't think LMS on anything like a big salary from what I was told.
    Last edited by Div; 30th May 2023 at 15:40.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    For us I think it will just be Clark. I am not sure what 2 outside backs we are going to get (or why we need 2) from who is available and I have not seen us linked with any props other than Walters who is Wigan bound.
    We need two outside backs as 1) even if just Hurrell stays, he will be 32/33 next year and so we should be looking to replace/ refresh as part of refreshing the squad as a whole and 2) we currently don't really have a first choice winger. Even if you decide on balance Ritson is ahead of Bennison in the pecking order (which has been disagreed on for weeks in the team threads) paying a transfer fee for him seems a stretch. We have been linked with King/Newman/Kieghran which would take care of 1, and a winger like Tom Davies would fit the bill for 2.

At prop we are losing LMS and Norman most likely, and whilst Delaney may step up to replace one of them, we still need to have the depth to handle injuries as we have shown we needed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    We need two outside backs as 1) even if just Hurrell stays, he will be 32/33 next year and so we should be looking to replace/ refresh as part of refreshing the squad as a whole and 2) we currently don't really have a first choice winger. Even if you decide on balance Ritson is ahead of Bennison in the pecking order (which has been disagreed on for weeks in the team threads) paying a transfer fee for him seems a stretch. We have been linked with King/Newman/Kieghran which would take care of 1, and a winger like Tom Davies would fit the bill for 2.

At prop we are losing LMS and Norman most likely, and whilst Delaney may step up to replace one of them, we still need to have the depth to handle injuries as we have shown we needed this year.
    I agree but who are we realistically linked with? King, Davies and Newman are non-starters; I would be shocked if any of those three are in a red vee next year. Kieghran is average so I am not sure what he adds, but sounds like Wigan are going to throw money at him.

We need at least one prop and why we were probably after Walters, but again Wigan throwing money at him and outside of Walters we have not been linked with anyone. We have not even been in the race for Dupree after our 4 GF wins and the WCC money.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I agree but who are we realistically linked with?
    We HAVE to sign players or we're just going to disappear down the league. If you look at the success Catalans have had with Ikavalu, it's obvious that fringe NRL players could still be big hits in Super League, so it's entirely possible we sign players no one has ever heard of. We've got quite a network of connections over there with Maninga, Anderson, Holbrook and Woolf all more than willing to help us out if we need suggestions. We were linked with Bailey Sironen the other day weren't we? There's still a market over there.

We were also linked with a centre from the Championship weren't we? I forget his name, but young 19/20 with a good scoring record. I'm hopeful we'll get 3 or 4, we desperately need it. Younger, hungrier players is what we need.

In The South Stand

Hurrell is an interesting one. There's no rumours about him staying or going, which seems odd when you consider we're five months off the end of his deal. Does make you wonder if the club have a few signed up and unannounced. Bell, Sironen and Hurrell all seem to be in this position. Clark is supposedly signed, so there is the possibility that others are too.

David Fifita returning to Wakefield

Learning All The Songs

Hurrell is an interesting one. There's no rumours about him staying or going, which seems odd when you consider we're five months off the end of his deal. Does make you wonder if the club have a few signed up and unannounced. Bell, Sironen and Hurrell all seem to be in this position. Clark is supposedly signed, so there is the possibility that others are too.
    think its time to say goodbye to Hurrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Why would we let Hurrell go?, he is the ONLY player right now that looks like he can cause the opposition any hassle, he has been our best player this season and along with the likes of Batch and Lomax he was one of our most consistent players last season. He hasn't missed many games and has got over the injury's that plagued him at Leeds. Not only this but Percy has missed half the season ( a regular occurrence these days) as has Hopoate, who even when he does play offers us nothing in attack. Our only other options next season as it stands in the centres are Bruines, yet to play a single minute in the 1st team, and Ben Davies who through no fault of his own or lack of effort simply isn't a centre in a month of Sundays. Hurrell staying is a no brainier for me

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Why would we let Hurrell go?, he is the ONLY player right now that looks like he can cause the opposition any hassle, he has been our best player this season and along with the likes of Batch and Lomax he was one of our most consistent players last season. He hasn't missed many games and has got over the injury's that plagued him at Leeds. Not only this but Percy has missed half the season ( a regular occurrence these days) as has Hopoate, who even when he does play offers us nothing in attack. Our only other options next season as it stands in the centres are Bruines, yet to play a single minute in the 1st team, and Ben Davies who through no fault of his own or lack of effort simply isn't a centre in a month of Sundays. Hurrell staying is a no brainier for me
    I agree we should keep Hurrell, but I would sign another “first choice” centre alongside him, to create a bit more competition for places. Someone like Averillo at Bulldogs would be perfect for us imo. Decent amount of NRL experience but a good age. That would hopefully buy us enough time for Robertson/ D Sambou/ Vaughan coming through the academy to be ready to step up, alongside Bruines.

Controversial, but given the choice between resigning Bell and Bayley Sironen, I think I would rather take Sironen.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Do you mean in that he's leaving, or that you don't think he's worth a new deal? I'd echo the shouts that he's been our best player this season. The positives in his game far outweigh the negatives.

Noooobie

Toby King is off back to Warrington

These shouts for Hurrell to go absolutely baffle me. Whether he's 21 or 45, he's currently our best attacking weapon by a mile.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

I agree we should keep Hurrell, but I would sign another “first choice” centre alongside him, to create a bit more competition for places. Someone like Averillo at Bulldogs would be perfect for us imo. Decent amount of NRL experience but a good age. That would hopefully buy us enough time for Robertson/ D Sambou/ Vaughan coming through the academy to be ready to step up, alongside Bruines.

Controversial, but given the choice between resigning Bell and Bayley Sironen, I think I would rather take Sironen.
    I've said the same on Hurrell and also bringing in another centre...

Averillo would be a remarkable signing given his performances for the Bulldogs this year. Being optimistic, I could only see a deal similar to what HKR have done with Hiku- offer big money and the opportunity to play full back.

Brian Kelly is a good centre and whilst still being likely to stay in NRL, maybe a little more realistic. I think it's worth the club having a chat to him and indeed Holbrook- not sure on his future at Titans- he's only named as a reserve this week, but has played most of the games this year. KR managed to sign Opacic last year, who was playing regularly for the Eels in 2022.

Seen nothing that's caught my eye from Bayley Sironen at this stage. If you're thinking second row, I think Fitzgibbon has shown more, though he's said he wants to stay at the Knights, if he can. If you're thinking of ball playing 13, despite his injury problems this year, Connor Watson is still one I'd talk to. Think he's a better player than Bell and is even more versatile too. He is due to be fit to play before season end.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    These shouts for Hurrell to go absolutely baffle me. Whether he's 21 or 45, he's currently our best attacking weapon by a mile.
    absolutely totally agreed he is our best attacking player by a country mile we are very limited without him in the team . Defo worthy of another 2 years for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The next thing we will get complaints about will be we only have half a squad because we have axed all these players people on here dont seem to like for one reason or another.

"Should get rid of that Hurrell meerttt"

Hurrell, Davies, Hopoate all released at the request of the all knowing redvee.net experts.

"Why don't we have any centres in the squad???"
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Nothing I have seen about Konrad this year suggests he should be shown the exit door. He was the only one providing any decent go forward for several weeks.
    In my view he is worth an extension even for 1 year if he's content to sign that.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Nothing I have seen about Konrad this year suggests he should be shown the exit door. He was the only one providing any decent go forward for several weeks.
    In my view he is worth an extension even for 1 year if he's content to sign that.
    He was tasked when he joined on a 1 year deal to lose weight and improve his fitness, which he has done, he's been ultra consistent and a game changer from day one, even in the abysmal team display against Leeds he was stand out player (along with Sirinon). He produced a fantastic 30 metre effort deep into golden point extra time which, if Lussick/Roby/Dodd could have got there act together and completed the simple drop goal play, Hurrell would of been credited for the match winning effort, as it was Lussick/Roby (cant remember which one) ballsed it up and his effort was forgotten.
    I hope the club aren't wasting time deliberating over an easy decision, get him signed up 1 year minimum with a 2nd in our favour and concentrate on issues elsewhere.

In The South Stand

He was tasked when he joined on a 1 year deal to lose weight and improve his fitness, which he has done, he's been ultra consistent and a game changer from day one, even in the abysmal team display against Leeds he was stand out player (along with Sirinon). He produced a fantastic 30 metre effort deep into golden point extra time which, if Lussick/Roby/Dodd could have got there act together and completed the simple drop goal play, Hurrell would of been credited for the match winning effort, as it was Lussick/Roby (cant remember which one) ballsed it up and his effort was forgotten.
    I hope the club aren't wasting time deliberating over an easy decision, get him signed up 1 year minimum with a 2nd in our favour and concentrate on issues elsewhere.
    Yup. Only possible reason for not doing that is if he and his family take a different route and want to take the baby home. From an on field perspective, we have to give him a new deal.

In The South Stand

Few rumours about on the Wigan forum. Morgan Smithies has signed with an Australian agency. That's a surprise, he's one of those Wigan players you wouldn't expect to leave. He's nowhere near good enough to play in the NRL though, can't see that happening.

Other rumour is that they're interested in Oli Pratt from Wakefield. Apparantly interest from 'several' Super League clubs if Wakefield go down. He doesn't seem to have done much at Wakefield and is out on loan now I think, but was always highly rated and appeared in the Origin academy games for Yorkshire. No idea if we're one of the several, but it is a position we need.

Few rumours about on the Wigan forum. Morgan Smithies has signed with an Australian agency. That's a surprise, he's one of those Wigan players you wouldn't expect to leave. He's nowhere near good enough to play in the NRL though, can't see that happening.

Other rumour is that they're interested in Oli Pratt from Wakefield. Apparantly interest from 'several' Super League clubs if Wakefield go down. He doesn't seem to have done much at Wakefield and is out on loan now I think, but was always highly rated and appeared in the Origin academy games for Yorkshire. No idea if we're one of the several, but it is a position we need.
    Smithies is a good player to go to the NRL. He is still young and nowhere near his full potential yet.

The England academy that beat Australia a few years back had three stars. Smithies, H Smith and Welsby. I would assume that got all three reasonable attention in Australia.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Smithies is a good young player with loads of improvement in him - can certainly see why the NRL would be interested.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Smithies is a good young player with loads of improvement in him - can certainly see why the NRL would be interested.
    Really don't see what people see in him. Small for his position, never does anything with the ball and his tackling is largely third man stuff. He works hard, but I don't see what he'd add to an NRL side, other than squad cover.

Really don't see what people see in him. Small for his position, never does anything with the ball and his tackling is largely third man stuff. He works hard, but I don't see what he'd add to an NRL side, other than squad cover.
    I think his work rate is perfect for the NRL and he would do well. In terms of his size, I do not think he is too small. He is 1.85m and 16st 10 and for reference pat Carrigan who just played for QLD is 1.9m and 16st 10.

In The West Stand

https://www.hullfc.com/blog/2023/05/...end-of-season/

Satae to Catalans, Dwyer to Warrington.