Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 246 of 468 FirstFirst ... 146196226236242243244245246247248249250256266296346 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Maybe Pryce can drift in and out of games, but at times I think he shows class.
    I get what your all saying regarding pryce and his moments of class, however how many games have you seen him take by the scruff of the neck and lead his team to victory. He has silly errors in his game and defensively has been found out on a regular basis. As a raw talent with the right environment absolutely he could be a phenomenal talent, I just haven't seen enough of it yet to warrant his top billing.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Catalans most likely destination for Tyrone Peachey and Kruise Leeming.

Don’t rate either of them.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...eming-27001225

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    I get what your all saying regarding pryce and his moments of class, however how many games have you seen him take by the scruff of the neck and lead his team to victory. He has silly errors in his game and defensively has been found out on a regular basis. As a raw talent with the right environment absolutely he could be a phenomenal talent, I just haven't seen enough of it yet to warrant his top billing.
    I don’t think at this time he is anywhere near top billing, but as you say the raw talent is there.

Frankie Halton signed for Leigh immediately released by Hull KR

In The West Stand

Rumours are that Wigan have put in 180k bid for Dupree now. Wonder if that means the Walters going to Wigan rumours were wide of the mark. Certainly seemed to be something going on between Walters and the Saints players

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Rumours are that Wigan have put in 180k bid for Dupree now. Wonder if that means the Walters going to Wigan rumours were wide of the mark. Certainly seemed to be something going on between Walters and the Saints players
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...dupree-8475761

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

With Walters it was like he was already playing for Wigan.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    With Walters it was like he was already playing for Wigan.
    Get the feeling Walters dislikes us very much. Was just intent on hurting and winding us up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Get the feeling Walters dislikes us very much. Was just intent on hurting and winding us up all the time.
    It was 100% a ploy from Rohan Smith.

Walters has hardly had a look in since we played them first home game of the season, in which he shoulder charged Lees towards the end which resulted in the loss and bad blood.

Smith puts him straight in the starting line up and no doubt had a word in his ear to get under the Saints players skins. It’s funny though how all the Leeds players were screaming for penalties on every tackle, every Saints error they were screaming in the players faces then the one time Saints did to to them at the end they couldn’t handle it and got a player sent off.

Would presumably mean that their apparent move for Luke Thompson is dead in the water too

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I completely disagree that this is what would stop any team signing him. I think it is more likely that his injury record that would put teams off him.

I really like Newman as a player and I think he has a really strong competitive edge, which I think most teams need. If he is available then I would love it if we signed him. I know he comes across a bit cocky and arrogant, but a new team environment might sort that out. Given his talent he is certainly worth a risk, but his fragility is a worry.

It is harsh to say he blew that cup tie. He did not pass, but if you watch the clip from behind, it is unbelievable full back play from French. French dummies as if he was going early to tackle Myler, which forced Newman to throw the dummy. In an alternative world, if he passed the ball and because French has gone early he intercepts, he would still be criticised. It showed how good French is rather than how bad Newman is.
    I wouldn't hang Newman out to dry just because he through a dummy that didn't come off when there was a two on one - I've seen Batchelor do it and he's a real team player. But he did twice in that game - once it came off and once it didn't, and overall his on field attitude looks awful. Welsby can lose control a bit - which is defintely a negative, but he's still a team player - Newman I don't think is, and one player like that can destroy the team spirit that is essential. I don't care how good he is, I would n't want him at Saints.

Leeds interested in lachlan fitzgibbon. Think we were briefly linked with him at start of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwai View Post
    I wouldn't hang Newman out to dry just because he through a dummy that didn't come off when there was a two on one - I've seen Batchelor do it and he's a real team player. But he did twice in that game - once it came off and once it didn't, and overall his on field attitude looks awful. Welsby can lose control a bit - which is defintely a negative, but he's still a team player - Newman I don't think is, and one player like that can destroy the team spirit that is essential. I don't care how good he is, I would n't want him at Saints.
    I would hang him out to dry on the basis of his defence. Missed some real stinkers on more than one try versus Wigan.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    I would hang him out to dry on the basis of his defence. Missed some real stinkers on more than one try versus Wigan.
    The challenge is that he is significantly better than what is currently available to us (to put it in context, hes only a year older than Davies, whom we all agree is not the answer). I have no doubts we could improve him in our systems, and a young player already full adapted to playing SL week in week out is something our backline is desperate for. If we had decided to stick with Bennison on the wing long term we could at least be comfortable he would be still around in 5 years, but with Ritson, we are in a position where the full 3/4 line is going to need replacing in the next few years. Players like Newman or Murphy (before the NRL got him) will be needed to supplement any Aussies we can sign or players like Robertson, Sambou x2, Dagnall, Vaughan etc coming through.

Heard today that we were chasing Toby King, with Wigan signing Kieghran and needing extra money in the cap to sign Dupree, and him not welcome back at Warrington. No idea if its true, or just seems like we have gone really quiet from a rumours perspective.

Still think we need 2 outside backs and 2 props alongside Clark at the moment.

The challenge is that he is significantly better than what is currently available to us (to put it in context, hes only a year older than Davies, whom we all agree is not the answer). I have no doubts we could improve him in our systems, and a young player already full adapted to playing SL week in week out is something our backline is desperate for. If we had decided to stick with Bennison on the wing long term we could at least be comfortable he would be still around in 5 years, but with Ritson, we are in a position where the full 3/4 line is going to need replacing in the next few years. Players like Newman or Murphy (before the NRL got him) will be needed to supplement any Aussies we can sign or players like Robertson, Sambou x2, Dagnall, Vaughan etc coming through.

Heard today that we were chasing Toby King, with Wigan signing Kieghran and needing extra money in the cap to sign Dupree, and him not welcome back at Warrington. No idea if its true, or just seems like we have gone really quiet from a rumours perspective.

I was reading on Warrington's RLFans site that the rumour is that King is going back to play at warrington next year, which I found odd given that Powell had publicly slated him. However I think that this is pure desperation if that happens as they cannot find a centre for next year after Hiku snubbed them for Hull KR.

I was keen on King when we were linked last time, but I no longer think he is worth what he will likely be asking for. Jake Wardle is a far better player than King. However, he would be an upgrade on Hopoate, but sounds like he will be here next year so our need for a centre is likely going to be for 2025.

For us I think it will just be Clark. I am not sure what 2 outside backs we are going to get (or why we need 2) from who is available and I have not seen us linked with any props other than Walters who is Wigan bound.

Learning All The Songs

I was reading on Warrington's RLFans site that the rumour is that King is going back to play at warrington next year, which I found odd given that Powell had publicly slated him. However I think that this is pure desperation if that happens as they cannot find a centre for next year after Hiku snubbed them for Hull KR.

I was keen on King when we were linked last time, but I no longer think he is worth what he will likely be asking for. Jake Wardle is a far better player than King. However, he would be an upgrade on Hopoate, but sounds like he will be here next year so our need for a centre is likely going to be for 2025.

For us I think it will just be Clark. I am not sure what 2 outside backs we are going to get (or why we need 2) from who is available and I have not seen us linked with any props other than Walters who is Wigan bound.
    Hopoate won't be here next year

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Hopoate won't be here next year
    With him not being on that list I had assumed he had taken up the option?

In The South Stand

We can't just sign Clark.

We're likely to be losing:
    Roby
    LMS
    Mata'utia
    Hopoate
    Davies
    Norman
    Royle

Roby replaced by Clark.

LMS, Mata'utia and Hopoate will all be on decent money, the latter two probably very decent money. Madness if we don't replace them with signings. It doesn't necessarily need to be the same position, but it needs to be first team players who will get in the 17.

I too liked the idea of King but he hasn't done much since re-signing with Wire. Wardle was definitely the missed opportunity.

I dont see how King is an upgrade on Hopoate. Will at least makes most of his tackles while King doesn't. If you want an actual upgrade we need an attacking threat at centre.

Catalans signing Ikavalu looks like a good move at the moment. If we could find a player along the same lines that would be the way to go.

Davies does his job. He is third choice centre and can come in and be trusted to do a job. So comparisons to one of most hyped players in the league are a tad foolish.

Newman will probably fancy himself as one of the highest paid players in the League so you need to compare him with Hurrell. When you do that he is injury prone, poor in defence and temperamental (and it isnt like Konnie is great in these areas either). He is also big athletic and has good attacking rugby skills. It depends if you think he can get over the negatives and improve on his strengths. He is definitely a talented players but questions still remain on how good he really will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

Roby
    LMS
    Mata'utia
    Hopoate
    Davies
    Norman
    Royle

Roby replaced by Clark.

LMS, Mata'utia and Hopoate will all be on decent money, the latter two probably very decent money. Madness if we don't replace them with signings. It doesn't necessarily need to be the same position, but it needs to be first team players who will get in the 17.
    I agree but I am not sure who out there we would sign or have even been linked with other than Clark. Agents feed rumours out and the silence is overwhelming I think.

We as a club do not tend to sign more than a handful of players each season. I think in the last two years only Ritson has joined?

In the last 5 years or so I can only think of Mata'utia, Paasi, Bell, Hopoate, Hurrell, Lussic and Sironen who have come in. Everyone else seems to have been promoted from the academy or already in the squad

I agree but I am not sure who out there we would sign or have even been linked with other than Clark. Agents feed rumours out and the silence is overwhelming I think.

We as a club do not tend to sign more than a handful of players each season. I think in the last two years only Ritson has joined?

In the last 5 years or so I can only think of Mata'utia, Paasi, Bell, Hopoate, Hurrell, Lussic and Sironen who have come in. Everyone else seems to have been promoted from the academy or already in the squad
    No choice if all that list leave

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Roby
    LMS
    Mata'utia
    Hopoate
    Davies
    Norman
    Royle

Roby replaced by Clark.

I agree with you, the 1st 4 in particular would need replacing, either with like for like players or to make the squad better. Davies is still under contract I think so would expect he'll still be here unless he decides he wants to play more. I don't think we'll replace Norman or Royle and would just replace from within.

Apart from Clark, there's no genuine links at the moment which is a bit strange. Maybe the club are waiting to see what some of our current squad do before committing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Roby
    LMS
    Mata'utia
    Hopoate
    Davies
    Norman
    Royle

Roby replaced by Clark.

Davies contracted till end of 2024. I think we will end up keeping Royle aswell. Norman I'm afraid his time and chances have ran out. Should have kicked on by now just doesn't live up to his size and has no impact off the bench.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
    Davies contracted till end of 2024. I think we will end up keeping Royle aswell. Norman I'm afraid his time and chances have ran out. Should have kicked on by now just doesn't live up to his size and has no impact off the bench.
    Why would we keep Royle? He must be mid-20s now and he's got absolutely no chance of playing for us regularly.