Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 181 of 468 FirstFirst ... 81131161171177178179180181182183184185191201231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

According to them on C&S they've signed Will Pryce

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    According to them on C&S they've signed Will Pryce
    To be fair to them it's just one new account posting that. Could be his Mum posting it or someone on the wind up. He'd be a good signing for anyone I guess, there's a lot of potential there. I bet it'd make a few more topics on here turn to the age old debate about how much pace we haven't got in our side.

Learning All The Songs

Pryce is going to Newcastle Knights in 2024 along with Kai Pearce Paul so I can't see him moving to Wigan for a year.

Having said that, Huddersfield have Connor, Fages, Lolohea, Russell and Pryce to fit into 3 spots so stranger things have happened.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Kolo Toure is the new head coach....oh wait wrong Wigan.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Kolo Toure is the new head coach....oh wait wrong Wigan.
    No that’s the Wigan who own their own ground

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It can't be that can it? Farrell is having an outstanding international career. Why would he give that (and the money he's on) to finish second in Super League with Wigan?
    He never would give it up,he's on 600k+ a year and has the prestige of playing for England with the world cup coming up.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    He never would give it up,he's on 600k+ a year and has the prestige of playing for England with the world cup coming up.
    Earlier in the thread The Wee Waa Womble said he currently earns about £750,000 a year. I can only imagine him signing for Wigan as some nostalgic swan song so that he can say he’s played for his childhood club. Given his current earnings though the idea seems like total nonsense.

The article may have blown some ordinary signing out of all proportion but maybe they have pulled off some remarkable coup. Maybe they’re becoming a rugby union side!

P.S. Link to article confirming Womble’s figure and confirming Farrell is in contract until 2023:

https://rugbydome.com/owen-farrell-salary/
    Last edited by Suttoner; 30th November 2022 at 12:18. Reason: PS

Got A Season Ticket

To be fair, that rumours thread on the wigan board is hilarious. Posters still link wigan to every big name available when the reality is, they haven't signed a big name player for an eternity as they are pretty much broke these days and cant afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    To be fair, that rumours thread on the wigan board is hilarious. Posters still link wigan to every big name available when the reality is, they haven't signed a big name player for an eternity as they are pretty much broke these days and cant afford it.
    This.

Completely deluded. Laughable

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

See Blake Ferguson has ••••ed off back to Australia. Supposedly on ‘compassionate grounds’ but I reckon he just didn’t want to wear that new kit!
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    See Blake Ferguson has ••••ed off back to Australia. Supposedly on ‘compassionate grounds’ but I reckon he just didn’t want to wear that new kit!
    Probably fed up of old Degsy acting a pillock online as well.

In The South Stand

Seems like the exciting news coming out of Wigan is that their shirts are stuck at the port because the manufacturer as gone bust, so they won't be here in time for Christmas. Sad that, I imagine many a Wiganer will be disappointed.

Maybe the return of Ellgren might be their big news? Norweb have a load of money spare now, maybe they'll come back to sponsor them too.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Probably fed up of old Degsy acting a pillock online as well.
    I have no idea what has gone on with Ferguson, so if there is a genuine and unfortunate reason good luck to the guy. However, if it remains undisclosed and he rocks up in the NRL next season, you do have to wonder if he's seen things in a different light at Leigh after the Leopard fetish explosion with the rebrand and associated smalltimery.

Learning All The Songs

Will Pryce to join Newcastle in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Will Pryce to join Newcastle in 2024.
    Worst kept secret in rugby league. Kai Pearce-Paul gone as well

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...dHFmQOTvKdVlz4

Looks like Bateman could be on the move. Can’t believe Wests are desperate enough to pay a transfer fee for him.

https://www.totalrl.com/club-reporte...eels-halfback/

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I don't think this is terrible for Wigan tbh.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    I don't think this is terrible for Wigan tbh.
    Someone I know absolutely adamant Wigan are signing Luke Thompson. Can’t work out if it’s desperation, blind hope or the truth. They are quite connected with the club though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Someone I know absolutely adamant Wigan are signing Luke Thompson. Can’t work out if it’s desperation, blind hope or the truth. They are quite connected with the club though.
    I know a lot can change over time, but we made him an outstanding offer either last year (or the year before, not sure which), he would have been our all time biggest earner, probably the highest ever in SL; but he said he wanted to see his contract out. Maybe he’s had a change of heart about returning. Though I hope not if he’s not coming to us.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I know a lot can change over time, but we made him an outstanding offer either last year (or the year before, not sure which), he would have been our all time biggest earner, probably the highest ever in SL; but he said he wanted to see his contract out. Maybe he’s had a change of heart about returning. Though I hope not if he’s not coming to us.
    I think it’ll be less about the change of heart and more Gould wielding the axe over Bulldogs. According to their forum they’re going big to land Crichton and Moses for 2023, despite having to have had only just balanced their books letting Allen go. Thompson, along with Flanagan are seen as the way the fans want to fund these moves ( though obviously there’s nothing official from the club to suggest this). If the do pull off one or both of Crichton/ Moses, it could trigger a series of events where Thompson doesn’t get to see out his contract. All that said, I imagine he’d pick up another NRL contract before he’d consider heading back to the UK, albeit on much reduced terms as Bulldogs had to pay him big to leave Saints.

If he ever did come back, I’m still utterly convinced it would be back to Saints over anyone else regardless of financials. Unfortunately, he’s the type of player we’re constantly going to continue to hear rumours about for years from Leeds/ Wigan/ Warrington fans as he fits a specific role which lots of clubs need, much like Graham to Warrington was a yearly occurrence, despite never having an ounce of liklihood

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think it’ll be less about the change of heart and more Gould wielding the axe over Bulldogs. According to their forum they’re going big to land Crichton and Moses for 2023, despite having to have had only just balanced their books letting Allen go. Thompson, along with Flanagan are seen as the way the fans want to fund these moves ( though obviously there’s nothing official from the club to suggest this). If the do pull off one or both of Crichton/ Moses, it could trigger a series of events where Thompson doesn’t get to see out his contract. All that said, I imagine he’d pick up another NRL contract before he’d consider heading back to the UK, albeit on much reduced terms as Bulldogs had to pay him big to leave Saints.

If he ever did come back, I’m still utterly convinced it would be back to Saints over anyone else regardless of financials. Unfortunately, he’s the type of player we’re constantly going to continue to hear rumours about for years from Leeds/ Wigan/ Warrington fans as he fits a specific role which lots of clubs need, much like Graham to Warrington was a yearly occurrence, despite never having an ounce of liklihood
    I don't follow what is happening in NRL very much, so you are probably right on the reasoning if he does return.

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Luke Thompson looked a shadow of the player he was before he left for the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Luke Thompson looked a shadow of the player he was before he left for the NRL.
    Been a hard slog for him over in Aus with the Doggies. Hes one of their leading players but when you're on a hiding to nothing every week it will take its tole.

Wire are tied up in over priced , over the hill props for the next two years.

Wigan are desperate for a metre maker but dont know where they stand under the cap.

Catalan also looking after letting Napa go.

Saints have

LMS/ Norman/ Baxter till '23
    Sironen 23 with 1 year option.
    Walmsley till '24
    Paasi / Lees signed till '25

So its an ageing pack but a bit of youth in there. So Thompson returning in '24 would probably add a bit of experiene and depth at the age of 29?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I've heard the same for a while from someone that I trust and well connected to Wigan. If he comes back to SL, I've heard he's going to Wigan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post

My thoughts exactly. I would be absolutely amazed if he played for anyone else over here, Wigan especially.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS