Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 86 of 468 FirstFirst ... 36667682838485868788899096106136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Regan only signed a 1 year contract do we think he will move on after next years 4-peat win?
    He might fancy his chances of playing in a RL World Cup next year and a RU one the following year.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    He might fancy his chances of playing in a RL World Cup next year and a RU one the following year.
    He is hoping to get picked up by one of the Welsh RU sides and to try to force his way into the national team for the RU World cup.
    While I am very happy to have him playing for us, I don't think he has a chance at RU intnl level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He is hoping to get picked up by one of the Welsh RU sides and to try to force his way into the national team for the RU World cup.
    While I am very happy to have him playing for us, I don't think he has a chance at RU intnl level.

I think that's pretty accurate - the role of the RU winger has changed even more than that of a RL winger, and size is a huge requirement.

I do think that this (and the defection of the likes of Knowles to England) is a huge negative about the splitting of the home nations. I can see why it's done, to promote the game in these countries by giving them exposure in the World Cup (and padding out the number of competitors participating), but to me it's the wrong strategy.

I think a GB team should be paramount, but with a 5-nations tournament supporting this (using the England Knights)

Learning All The Songs

He’ll have to improve under the high ball pretty quickly, otherwise it will be used against him constantly in RU, teams wont be happy if he keeps dropping it and giving away territory and possession, hes a great RL winger, i just dont see him making it in RU.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    He’ll have to improve under the high ball pretty quickly, otherwise it will be used against him constantly in RU, teams wont be happy if he keeps dropping it and giving away territory and possession, hes a great RL winger, i just dont see him making it in RU.
    Is that not a bit of a myth about him being weak under the high ball? I don't remember him dropping too many at all.

He has made less errors this year than:

Makinson, Davies, Charnley, Sio, Hall, Bibby, Yaha, Swift, Turner, McGilvary. In fact I can't find a winger after a quick look who has made less errors.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Is that not a bit of a myth about him being weak under the high ball? I don't remember him dropping too many at all.

He has made less errors this year than:

Makinson, Davies, Charnley, Sio, Hall, Bibby, Yaha, Swift, Turner, McGilvary. In fact I can't find a winger after a quick look who has made less errors.
    Whilst i agree he has improved under the high ball, i still think he doesnt look confident under it and doesnt look to go and claim the ball as some of the others you list do. In RU the high cross field kick is a real weapon to gain territory, if he doesnt go to claim the ball he will just get jumped over by other wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think that's pretty accurate - the role of the RU winger has changed even more than that of a RL winger, and size is a huge requirement.

I do think that this (and the defection of the likes of Knowles to England) is a huge negative about the splitting of the home nations. I can see why it's done, to promote the game in these countries by giving them exposure in the World Cup (and padding out the number of competitors participating), but to me it's the wrong strategy.

I think a GB team should be paramount, but with a 5-nations tournament supporting this (using the England Knights)
    I agree with all of this.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

He has absolutely no chance of forcing his way into the Welsh RU squad in less than a year. Wingers these days have to be able to do everything and he just doesn’t have the all round skill set. He’d have made a good 7’s player and if he crossed over at the end of 2022 he’d have a good chance of representing GB at the 2024 olympics.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

I thought he'd already said he was weighing up a move to the NRL with the Gold Coast Titans as he's got family in the Gold Coast, plus Holbook as their Coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    I thought he'd already said he was weighing up a move to the NRL with the Gold Coast Titans as he's got family in the Gold Coast, plus Holbook as their Coach ?
    I think Regan is a cracking player, but I'm not sure he'd make it in the NRL, either. In the NRL massive, skilful threequarters who can run like the wind seem to be ten a penny. The qualities that make Regan stand out over here are much more common over there and are usually combined with unbelievable power as well. I hope he stays with us and I think we have a good chance of keeping hold of him. It's Knowles that worries me; he's perfect for the NRL and if he wants to go he'll have a pick of clubs, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Toppy View Post
    I have no idea about GC. I only know what was said during his contract discussions.

Saints have just tweeted something cryptic implying that another signing is incoming, so I'd guess Hurrell is being announced today.

Default Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Now confirmed on Saints website

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/10/2...ints-for-2022/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Saints have just tweeted something cryptic implying that another signing is incoming, so I'd guess Hurrell is being announced today.
    Got any idea of Euros numbers for tonight Literally just been announced!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post

One of the most cringey announcements we've ever done. The club need to get him in the gym and ban him from eating out.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogger View Post

Excellent news. He is a fantastic player to have as a squad player.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    One of the most cringey announcements we've ever done. The club need to get him in the gym and ban him from eating out.
    How to make a player feel welcome.

I'm disappointed it's only for a year, I think a fully fit Hurrell will be a big hit!

Come on mate that's a bit harsh

I quite enjoyed the video for what it was; It's a bit of fun around a known 'character' in the game. It's better than just a highlight reel from way back when and highlights to those who use it that he has a wider profile through tiktok etc. engaging a younger audience with a team member.

Hurrel himself mentions his fitness and wanting to prove himself as does KW so I'm pretty sure that's the plan. Everyone can see the issue but he's also publicly committed himself to fixing it. Lets give him a chance to show it on the field before whinging.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This site these days, just cringey!
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Welcome to Trophy Town, The European Capitol of Rugby League.

In The West Stand

Happy its only a year, it gives us some flexibility on NF spots, and a good motivator of put the work in or not playing, and gone at the end of the year. As has been said, a fit Hurrell will be a really interesting asset for us to have.

I dread to think of a dressing room with LMS and KH in though!

In: Will Hopoate (Canterbury Bulldogs), Curtis Sironen (Manly Sea Eagles), Joey Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Jamie Bell (Leigh Centurions), Danny Hill (Widnes Vikings), Konrad Hurrell (Leeds Rhinos)
    Out: James Bentley (Leeds Rhinos), Joel Thompson (Retiring), Kevin Naiqama (Australia/ Retiring?), Lachlan Coote (Hull KR), Josh Eaves (Newcastle Thunder), Nico Rizzelli (Retiring), Theo Fages (Huddersfield Giants)
    Retained; Tommy Makinson, Jack Welsby, Regan Grace, Johnny Lomax, Alex Walmsley, Jake Wingfield, Josh Simm, James Roby, Joe Batchelor, LMS, Kyle Amor (Kristian Woolf)
    Rumoured: Aaron Smith (Loan to Leigh Centurions)

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Get a grip mate.

Good announcement and love his interview, a couple of really funny bits. First saying he hopes Woolf sees him as a centre not a prop and secondly his t-shirt.

Hurrell knows full well he’s got to get in that team, there isn’t a free spot for him. I expect him to have a really good pre season and be ready. If he isn’t, we have enough without him. If he is ready, what a great and totally different threat we have waiting to come into the team.

I suppose time will tell
    I am sure the boss knows him better than we do
    But he certainly would not have been on my recruitment list