Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 85 of 468 FirstFirst ... 35657581828384858687888995105135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Here's hoping he enjoys his holiday so much he decides to become a Nun and doesn't come back.
    I was going to start a rumour that Wigan were getting so desperate to replace Zak Hardaker that they offered us a fee which is delaying the announcement. But I realised it was too unrealistic.

Wigan couldn’t pay a fee

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I was going to start a rumour that Wigan were getting so desperate to replace Zak Hardaker that they offered us a fee which is delaying the announcement. But I realised it was too unrealistic.

Wigan couldn’t pay a fee
    They could give us a nice bit of axminster and a trophy cabinet that hasn't been used recently.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Looking at the Canterbury squad I don’t think the NRL has enough talent for 16 teams never mind 17. I’ve got a bad feeling the new club will be poaching the best British players. Especially if Bennett gets the job.

We wouldn't have to worry about Percival being poached, then

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

I'm sure the selling club over the hill will be more than happy to oblige

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Looking at the Canterbury squad I don’t think the NRL has enough talent for 16 teams never mind 17. I’ve got a bad feeling the new club will be poaching the best British players. Especially if Bennett gets the job.
    He’ll have to remember what they’re called first.

Banned

Wigan couldn’t pay a fee

When I first read that, I thought you meant wi*an were offering us a fee to take Hardaker off their hands

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    When I first read that, I thought you meant wi*an were offering us a fee to take Hardaker off their hands
    If the guy wants to be closer to home he could join his old landlord at Leigh........ Problem solved

Josh Eaves and Rizzelli leaving Saints.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The West Stand

In: Will Hopoate (Canterbury Bulldogs), Curtis Sironen (Manly Sea Eagles), Joey Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Jamie Bell (Leigh Centurions), Danny Hill (Widnes Vikings)
    Out: James Bentley (Leeds Rhinos), Joel Thompson (Retiring), Kevin Naiqama (Australia/ Retiring?), Lachlan Coote (Hull KR), Josh Eaves (Newcastle Thunder), Nico Rizzelli (Retiring)
    Retained; Tommy Makinson, Jack Welsby, Regan Grace, Johnny Lomax, Alex Walmsley, Jake Wingfield, Josh Simm, James Roby, Joe Batchelor, LMS, Kyle Amor (Kristian Woolf)
    Outstanding: Theo Fages
    Rumoured: Konrad Hurrell

Really starting to take shape now. Anyone know whats going on with Tom Nisbet? I thought he was also OOC, but would have assumed it would have been announced with Rizzelli?
    Last edited by magic superbeetle; 12th October 2021 at 19:46.

Got A Season Ticket

From love RL .com
    Konrad Hurrell’s move to St Helens has received a lukewarm reception, but the champions believe they’ve got a bargain in the Tonga international. A marquee man at Headingley, he has taken a huge pay cut in moving to the Totally Wicked Stadium on a two-year deal – maybe even on less than what the Rhinos offered him to stay.

Learning All The Songs

Fages move to Huddersfield finally confirmed

Banned

In: Will Hopoate (Canterbury Bulldogs), Curtis Sironen (Manly Sea Eagles), Joey Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Jamie Bell (Leigh Centurions), Danny Hill (Widnes Vikings)
    Out: James Bentley (Leeds Rhinos), Joel Thompson (Retiring), Kevin Naiqama (Australia/ Retiring?), Lachlan Coote (Hull KR), Josh Eaves (Newcastle Thunder), Nico Rizzelli (Retiring)
    Retained; Tommy Makinson, Jack Welsby, Regan Grace, Johnny Lomax, Alex Walmsley, Jake Wingfield, Josh Simm, James Roby, Joe Batchelor, LMS, Kyle Amor (Kristian Woolf)

Really starting to take shape now. Anyone know whats going on with Tom Nisbet? I thought he was also OOC, but would have assumed it would have been announced with Rizzelli?
    Does anyone know why Rizelli is retiring? He's only young, isn't he?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Does anyone know why Rizelli is retiring? He's only young, isn't he?

From Rizzelli’s Twitter. Doesn’t say exactly what he’s doing but a career away from rugby.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I met Nico once and he came across as a nice lad. Its a shame we didn’t get to see a bit more of him. He showed some nice touches in that game against Salford last year.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

I was told today that Wigan had made an offer to take Danny Richardson for next season (and potentially beyond) from Cas. Apparently Cas are prepared to let him go if the player accepts the contract offered by Wigan.

Banned

I met Nico once and he came across as a nice lad. Its a shame we didn’t get to see a bit more of him. He showed some nice touches in that game against Salford last year.
    Perhaps he's decided he's not going to make it at the top level so wants to forge a full time career outside of rugby

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Perhaps he's decided he's not going to make it at the top level so wants to forge a full time career outside of rugby
    Yeh quite possibly mate. It was Marshall who brought him to Saints. I half expected him to end up at Salford with Marshall but obviously that’s not gonna happen now.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Have we signed Hurrell?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Have we signed Hurrell?
    Nothing officially announced as yet, though it seems another open secret. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s announced next week, all the media has been around the victory and three peat this week (rightfully so).

Sky have put together a current in/out list (https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...he-2022-season) it’s non exhaustive (as Danny Hill isn’t in our Ins section for example) but a good starting point.

I wonder how people compare our recruitment to others. It seems quite a strange year with lots of internal moves, but we seem to be the only ones recruiting heavily from the NRL. Hill have done their usual of a load of bluff and bluster and then not really done anything in the transfer market. Huddersfield have got some really good players but seem to be shrinking their squad, and both Warrington and Wigan seem to be blindly ignoring their main problems.

Listening to the Full 80.
    Always need to take some of it with a pinch of salt but an interesting point on academy compensation.

It was suggested that Ebon Scurr would command a compensation fee of £40K to the Bulls.

He's 21. Compensation is due until the player becomes 22.
    It was implied that he will just stay at Bradford.
    "SL Clubs reluctant to pay compensation to Bradford".
    The same applies to Oliver Wilson who is at Huds but came from the Bulls academy.

This may have been a factor in retaining the likes of LMS and Amor for 1 more year.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Nothing officially announced as yet, though it seems another open secret. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s announced next week, all the media has been around the victory and three peat this week (rightfully so).

Sky have put together a current in/out list (https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...he-2022-season) it’s non exhaustive (as Danny Hill isn’t in our Ins section for example) but a good starting point.

I wonder how people compare our recruitment to others. It seems quite a strange year with lots of internal moves, but we seem to be the only ones recruiting heavily from the NRL. Hill have done their usual of a load of bluff and bluster and then not really done anything in the transfer market. Huddersfield have got some really good players but seem to be shrinking their squad, and both Warrington and Wigan seem to be blindly ignoring their main problems.
    I'd read a week or so ago that Huddersfield had signed Danny Levi whom isn't on the list either. I think he is another good signing for them/he's a good hooker. And announced today that Leeds are bringing in David Fusitu'a. A few years back, I thought he was one of the best wingers in the NRL.

I think next year we may see more and more internal moves given the 17th team in the NRL as of 2023. And looking further ahead, I'm sure there'll be a plan for an 18th team too, to even up the numbers.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

Early Championship watchlist for 2023.

Brad Holroyd /Tyler Dupree Widnes.
    Ebon Scurr Bradford

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Early Championship watchlist for 2023.

Brad Holroyd /Tyler Dupree Widnes.
    Ebon Scurr Bradford
    Is Brad any relation to Tom at Leeds?

Don't think so. Former Saints Academy.

Learning All The Songs

Regan only signed a 1 year contract do we think he will move on after next years 4-peat win?