Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 51 of 468 FirstFirst ... 31414748495051525354556171101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super...ck-move-41489/

Jason Baitieri as our Thompson replacement?
    Hope not at 32 years old. Curtis Sironen been offered to super league clubs apparently though. Always rated him at 2nd row, big lad at 6’5 and has covered half back before so has good hands, only 27 as well.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...h-mau-21159208
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Hope not at 32 years old. Curtis Sironen been offered to super league clubs apparently though. Always rated him at 2nd row, big lad at 6’5 and has covered half back before so has good hands, only 27 as well.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...h-mau-21159208
    I remember when we signed Thompson the Manly fans were saying Thompson was the only good second row they had. Off that I took Sironen wasn’t good but haven’t seen too much of him myself.

In regards to Batieri he’s a decent enough player, grubby though. I’d rather us try and prize Benjamin Garcia off them.
    Last edited by reliable sauce; 27th July 2021 at 19:40.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super...ck-move-41489/

Jason Baitieri as our Thompson replacement?
    McNamara’s comments seem to suggest that he’s retiring.

Got A Replica Shirt

According to NRL 360 this morning Sio Siua Taukeiaho has a "huge money" offer on the table from an English club. Whilst maybe not quite at the level of a couple of years ago when he was arguably the form prop in the NRL, he's still top drawer. Very surprised to hear the Roosters might consider releasing him. Tongan so there is the Woolf link also. Think he'd be a great pick-up for a Super League club.

"Where they’ll get the money to upgrade Manu is the front-rower Sio Siua Taukeiaho.

“He was nearly the best prop in the game. He’s contracted for next year but I think they’ve come to an agreement he’ll be released for the final year because there’s a huge money on offer in England.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yes that’s true the Ratchford to Saints rumour has been around before to be fair.
    A player I love to watch with the ball in his hand. Classy player, if a little prone to the odd brainfart.

Quote Originally Posted by Whittle Hall Saint View Post
    According to NRL 360 this morning Sio Siua Taukeiaho has a "huge money" offer on the table from an English club. Whilst maybe not quite at the level of a couple of years ago when he was arguably the form prop in the NRL, he's still top drawer. Very surprised to hear the Roosters might consider releasing him. Tongan so there is the Woolf link also. Think he'd be a great pick-up for a Super League club.

"Where they’ll get the money to upgrade Manu is the front-rower Sio Siua Taukeiaho.

“He was nearly the best prop in the game. He’s contracted for next year but I think they’ve come to an agreement he’ll be released for the final year because there’s a huge money on offer in England.”
    He is still a quality player. I'd imagine it may be Wigan in the frame for him though? Possibly using the money they had tied up in George Burgess.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    He is still a quality player. I'd imagine it may be Wigan in the frame for him though? Possibly using the money they had tied up in George Burgess.
    It'll be Warrington presumably. Or one of the Hull clubs.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Wigan, with their two prop signings, are currently over the non fed quota for next season - one of Clark or Leuluai will need to move on anyway, and both for them to sign another non fed player (which is unlikely because there’s talk of TL going round again).

Hope there’s something in this. Obvious Woolf connection, a great NRL pedigree and best of all available due to cap pressure, not because he’s being put out to pasture.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whittle Hall Saint View Post

Taukeiaho is still a very good prop as you say. He's a good goal kicker as well.

I'd be surprised if he comes to SL for next year, he's said to be on ~£350K as it is. Roosters would have to chip in you'd think.

The talk on Manu is that the Warriors are going to offer RTS money to try and get him there.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    It'll be Warrington presumably. Or one of the Hull clubs.
    Between us and Leeds according to John Davidson on Patreon.

He’s the same guy who linked us to a “big money centre” (presumably Hopoate?) and a Hull based player. So take it as you will.

In The South Stand

Davidson is very, very good so it’s a serious link, which is promising.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Davidson is very, very good so it’s a serious link, which is promising.
    One of my favourite journos both in terms of scoops and discussion pieces.

That said Sione Katoa was one of his scoops earlier in the season.

On a side note Doggies fans on their board want shut of Hopoate as soon as.
    I must admit based on highlights I've seen he does not look great.

Sia Soliola for a swan song? He'll be 35 but Graham did a job for us last year.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    One of my favourite journos both in terms of scoops and discussion pieces.

That said Sione Katoa was one of his scoops earlier in the season.

On a side note Doggies fans on their board want shut of Hopoate as soon as.
    I must admit based on highlights I've seen he does not look great.
    Didn’t Katoa links come from gravy guts Gledhill?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

https://www.totalrl.com/st-helens-ta...ngan-nrl-star/

You are right as Gledhill posted the same.

In The South Stand

Between us and Leeds according to John Davidson on Patreon.

He’s the same guy who linked us to a “big money centre” (presumably Hopoate?) and a Hull based player. So take it as you will.
    Wow. If that's true maybe I'll shut up for a while and let them do their thing. He's on £320,000 a season in the NRL. Would make Leeds contenders again and I just hope our interest is real and not just agent talk to improve his NRL offers.

In The West Stand

Wow. If that's true maybe I'll shut up for a while and let them do their thing. He's on £320,000 a season in the NRL. Would make Leeds contenders again and I just hope our interest is real and not just agent talk to improve his NRL offers.
    He’s not OOC and I can definitely see a situation where Roosters would rather pay a portion of his salary next year to come to England rather than letting him sign for an NRL rival.

I can see the logic for us, we’re not short on Cap space (suspect we could sign him without even using the marquee rule), and if Welsby and Dodd can’t look good behind Walmsley/ Taukeiaho/ Lees/ Paasi then they’ll never look good. Look at Richardson when he was playing behind Thomspon/Walmsley!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Sia Soliola for a swan song? He'll be 35 but Graham did a job for us last year.
    Love the guy but hopefully not.

In The South Stand

Interesting hearing the podcast interview with McManus today. He said Woolf is staying and they just need to sort it out and will be announcing something shortly.

He also said that there will be signings and that players want to play for St Helens, both in the NRL and Super League. Makes you wonder if the signing from Hull is still on, whoever that was.

Learning All The Songs

Interesting hearing the podcast interview with McManus today. He said Woolf is staying and they just need to sort it out and will be announcing something shortly.

He also said that there will be signings and that players want to play for St Helens, both in the NRL and Super League. Makes you wonder if the signing from Hull is still on, whoever that was.
    Jordan Abdull

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Love the guy but hopefully not.
    Agreed.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    A player I love to watch with the ball in his hand. Classy player, if a little prone to the odd brainfart.
    Yeh i agree. Comes up with the odd error under the high ball but he’s a good attacking player. He’s 33 but doesn’t play like an old man and i don’t ever recall him being particularly injury prone. I would take him for the right price on a 1 year deal just to troll Warrington fans when they see him winning the Championship with a real club

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

Think you know who that was. Interesting Davidson is well thought of too Saddened!!

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    I remember when we signed Thompson the Manly fans were saying Thompson was the only good second row they had. Off that I took Sironen wasn’t good but haven’t seen too much of him myself.

In regards to Batieri he’s a decent enough player, grubby though. I’d rather us try and prize Benjamin Garcia off them.
    Was it Batieri who was head hunting our entire team in that 2020 grand final qualifier?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    Think you know who that was. Interesting Davidson is well thought of too Saddened!!
    It would be interesting if Savelio is still on (assuming that’s who you were referring to?)

Would;

In: Taukeiaho (Roosters), Hopoate (Bulldogs), Savelio (Hull fc), (Abdul/Brown/Brierly), Scurr (Bradford)
    Out: Coote (HKR), Naiqama (Aus/retired), Fages (Huddersfield), Bentley (Leeds), Thompson (Retired), Amor (Wakefield/Retired), LMS (London/Reitred)
    Retained; Roby (1 year), Batchelor (2 years + option)

Be seen as a successful recruitment period all things considered?

Would leave us with;

Welsby
    Makinson Hopoate Percival Grace
    Lomax Dodd
    Walmsley Roby Lees
    Mata’utia Savelio
    Knowles

Smith Batchelor Taukeiaho Paasi

(Abdul/Brierly/Brown) Simm Norman Wingfield