Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 468 of 468 FirstFirst ... 368418448458464465466467468
Results 11,676 to 11,700 of 11700

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I知 not sure how old he is but I知 told that the coaching staff really rate Dagnall as a winger.
    Excellant, thanks for letting me know that

In The West Stand

I知 not sure how old he is but I知 told that the coaching staff really rate Dagnall as a winger.
    The only reason Dagnall wasn稚 included in the first team this year is he wanted to finish his A-Levels before turning fully pro. It痴 entirely possible we only want Makinson on a one year deal to ease Dagnalls transition and either from his demands or the ask for a multi year deal made Saints decide it was worth the risk.

Of course that doesn稚 help with what you do about a problem like Blake/ Bennison/ Ritson

Learning All The Songs

John D mentioned there are rumblings that Blake is not settling over here and wants to head back to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    John D mentioned there are rumblings that Blake is not settling over here and wants to head back to Australia.
    Who's John D?

Got A Season Ticket

That's not news though really give he is only here for one year. Hes reiterated that in his interviews since he arrived too. He seemed happy enough last night and last week and the more he grows into the game the more confidence he'll get and hopefully feel more settled.

It's a bit like saying Sam Burgess isn't settling at Warrington because he's said his future is in Australia

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Who's John D?
    A journo, decent links. He did say Saints said nothing in it though.

Starting A Programme Collection

Where’s this been said?

In The South Stand

big and fast.

In The South Stand

Blake “not settling” falls in line with the rumour that he didn’t want to play against Huddersfield, so there could be something in that. It would be a shame, his last two games have been good.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Blake “not settling” falls in line with the rumour that he didn’t want to play against Huddersfield, so there could be something in that. It would be a shame, his last two games have been good.
    Is he not just getting the rumour from here, or from the same leaky bucket that made it public knowledge on here? If anything does happen, it'll look very bad on the club if they've not scouted out replacements. Any announcement that he's off better be followed by a cheesy video announcing a signing.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Is he not just getting the rumour from here, or from the same leaky bucket that made it public knowledge on here? If anything does happen, it'll look very bad on the club if they've not scouted out replacements. Any announcement that he's off better be followed by a cheesy video announcing a signing.
    This early in the season here and in the NRL and I would be surprised if there was a replacement unless Blake suddenly has a club lined up and there’s a swap deal but I can’t see how that situation would play out this early into our season and the NRL season.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

I'd like to see Lewis is a foot race with Tee

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...Xn1AicDI0,st:0

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    I'd like to see Lewis is a foot race with Tee

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...Xn1AicDI0,st:0
    They're mainly academy games. And it looks like it was filmed on a you've been framed style camcorder.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Default Burgess linked with return to Oz???

Learning All The Songs Brian Nazareth's Avatar

Fitzpatrick is an utter plum anyway, but he really is tempting fate with this announcement:

“Sam’s a man of integrity and wouldn’t go back on his word. He’s got a two-year deal. He’s doing a great job."

He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Nazareth View Post
    Fitzpatrick is an utter plum anyway, but he really is tempting fate with this announcement:

“Sam’s a man of integrity and wouldn’t go back on his word. He’s got a two-year deal. He’s doing a great job."

Sam has done nothing yet to warrant an NRL job. Wire have been ok but thus far they’ve only faces Catalan who they maybe wasn’t fancied against and that was validated when they lost even with a man extra. The win at Hull KR is a good result but that was by the skin of there teeth. If south’s take him it’s a huge gamble for both.

Jake Wardle re-signed 2029

Learning All The Songs

TBF to Wigan, they are doing their very best to put a dynasty in place. Think we dropped a b*ll*ck not signing him myself.

In The West Stand

TBF to Wigan, they are doing their very best to put a dynasty in place. Think we dropped a b*ll*ck not signing him myself.
    I think theyre taking a huge risk, and personally think it shows the naivety of their new owner. Plenty of players put their feet up on long contracts, and all theyre going to be able to do is stand still with so many long running big contracts. Of course, they could be banking on the Salary Cap continuing to increase/ more marquee spots but theyre never a guarantee. They will still have a big problem if they lose French which I believe is likely, and deals like this Wardle one will have eaten into their ability to respond like for like. I suspect that they're answer will be to just put Fairmond in and continue their nest egg to keep tying players down long term (which is better than a Warrington answer, but not without risk).

We all know the challenges Saints face with replacing Makinson, Lomax and Walmsley, but definitely still think we have the stronger squad overall (jury is still out on coaching) and if we can get the transition to Dagnall, Whitby and Stephans right, we are putting together just as much as a dynasty building on the 4 in a row.

They’ve tied Wardle down for that long so they get a good fee from an NRL club (And there are a good few looking at him) he won’t see out 3 years of that 5 years contract I don’t think

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    I think theyre taking a huge risk, and personally think it shows the naivety of their new owner. Plenty of players put their feet up on long contracts, and all theyre going to be able to do is stand still with so many long running big contracts. Of course, they could be banking on the Salary Cap continuing to increase/ more marquee spots but theyre never a guarantee. They will still have a big problem if they lose French which I believe is likely, and deals like this Wardle one will have eaten into their ability to respond like for like. I suspect that they're answer will be to just put Fairmond in and continue their nest egg to keep tying players down long term (which is better than a Warrington answer, but not without risk).

We all know the challenges Saints face with replacing Makinson, Lomax and Walmsley, but definitely still think we have the stronger squad overall (jury is still out on coaching) and if we can get the transition to Dagnall, Whitby and Stephans right, we are putting together just as much as a dynasty building on the 4 in a row.
    Mucho concurro.

Got A Season Ticket

Doesn't really matter as the game is on its arse now and will be even worse next season. Can't see me bothering going again at the moment.

In The South Stand

I dunno, we’ve been lauding the club when we’ve handed out long-term deals to Welsby and Delaney, I don’t see a lot different with what Wigan have done with Wardle.

In The West Stand

I dunno, we’ve been lauding the club when we’ve handed out long-term deals to Welsby and Delaney, I don’t see a lot different with what Wigan have done with Wardle.
    2027 is still quite a bit shorter than 2029

Learning All The Songs

If the game is on its arse wouldn’t there still be loads of tickets left for Friday’s match. People just wouldn’t bother turning up what would be the point if it’s on its arse. Didn’t the game sell out last week!!.