Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 26 of 468 FirstFirst ... 616222324252627282930364676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

OK I'm ready to get slated for this. Tommy Mc at fullback and Dufty on the wing.
    Tommy is very good under a high ball and has defence.

Got A Season Ticket

������������������

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    OK I'm ready to get slated for this. Tommy Mc at fullback and Dufty on the wing.
    He can't pass and runs the wrong lines according to some experts on here. Obviously forgetting he's a top professional player with 10 years experience.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    But Tommy is probably the best finisher in a tight corner that there is and the diving/acrobatic skills he’s developed over many years would be wasted at fullback. It’s just a pity that he hasn’t been getting the service that allows him to use those skills. Like it or not, wingers also fulfill a forwards role in carrying the ball out from their own half. Again, Tommy is probably the best three quarter in this country at fulfilling that role.

I don’t know much about Dufty but he’s an attacking fullback isn’t he? If (and it still seems doubtful) we get him why not let him do that job? Barba wasn’t the best defensive fullback but we moved Johnny Lomax to fit him in because his attack was superb until he was distracted by the short lived call of the NRL.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 21st June 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Auto spell thingy substituted “Dusty” for “Dufty”. Could put him off coming.

In the George Williams column on the BBC website, he says despite reports he has not signed for anybody yet. Could we nip in and steal him from under Warrington's nose? Would you take him - I would.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    In the George Williams column on the BBC website, he says despite reports he has not signed for anybody yet. Could we nip in and steal him from under Warrington's nose? Would you take him - I would.
    Nope, we have a stand off & a young scrum half . We may have a fullback too if that's deemed Welsby's best position. Williams will cost a fortune, let Wire have him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I wonder who Ghost Writes his column.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I wonder who Ghost Writes his column.

Shaun Wane doing a bit of moonlighting?

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Tommy is probably the best three quarter in this country at fulfilling that role.
    And this seems to be a weakness in Dufty according to an article linked on this thread.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Shaun Wane doing a bit of moonlighting?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...ackingId%7E%7D

Managed by Fages's agent.
    Never really caught my eye.
    Word is that Parcell will resign with HKR

Not many hookers about. Not many French players have come to england for a while.
    That ones feels like contract negotiations to and fro between club and agent.

Have a hunch that the bloke Salford signed may use this season as an audition for Saints.
    Signed as a HB but also a hooker. Played under Woolf for Tonga.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...ackingId%7E%7D

Managed by Fages's agent.
    Never really caught my eye.
    Word is that Parcell will resign with HKR

Not many hookers about. Not many French players have come to england for a while.
    That ones feels like contract negotiations to and fro between club and agent.

Have a hunch that the bloke Salford signed may use this season as an audition for Saints.
    Signed as a HB but also a hooker. Played under Woolf for Tonga.
    Tongan backrower Manu Ma’u out of contract at FC at the end of the season is being offered around SL by his agent apparently

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Tongan backrower Manu Ma’u out of contract at FC at the end of the season is being offered around SL by his agent apparently
    Considering all the hype when they signed him every time I’ve seen him I’ve thought he’s been distinctly average/invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Considering all the hype when they signed him every time I’ve seen him I’ve thought he’s been distinctly average/invisible.
    Agree pal, he was dubbed to be an enforcer and this and that wasn't he, not seen ought to suggest he is anything out of the ordinary. I'd say Satae has been the standout for them in the games I have seen Hull play.

Duplicate post
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Agree pal, he was dubbed to be an enforcer and this and that wasn't he, not seen ought to suggest he is anything out of the ordinary. I'd say Satae has been the standout for them in the games I have seen Hull play.
    I was actually upset we didn't sign him but as others have said, underwhelming at Hull.

If you look at what we have got signed up for next year we are struggling.

If the plan is to blood the next generation, fine. I just don't want us to go near Kenny Edwards
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...joel-thompson/

In summary: Woolf expects us to find a replacement for Thompson/Bentley.
    Really disappointed that Bentley is leaving however salary cap constraints, other players’ increases along with Bentley’s lure to return home were the main factors.
    Other contract extensions in the pipeline.

My main concern is that there are no real quality players coming out of contract that have not signed elsewhere or for their current club. On the back of the pandemic and the financial difficulties Saints have I can’t see us paying transfer fees. Dufty looks set to be an option at FB after NRL interest appears to have cooled, in second row i could only really see an NRL club wanting to release someone early to free up their cap space a la Joel Thompson.

Savelio is the one that stands out for me at SR and OOC but do we make a move to bring him back after all the baggage he had last time?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I would expect Wingfield to replace Bentley in the 1st 17, very talented player with good vision and a passing game which is in short supply at the moment. Replacing Thompson will probably be from overseas as superleague clubs will very reluctant to release any player that is fairly decent. Maybe Woolf can see a Tongan connection for a big second rower similar to Tai and Peyroux as far as attacking ability goes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...joel-thompson/

In summary: Woolf expects us to find a replacement for Thompson/Bentley.
    Really disappointed that Bentley is leaving however salary cap constraints, other players’ increases along with Bentley’s lure to return home were the main factors.
    Other contract extensions in the pipeline.

My main concern is that there are no real quality players coming out of contract that have not signed elsewhere or for their current club. On the back of the pandemic and the financial difficulties Saints have I can’t see us paying transfer fees. Dufty looks set to be an option at FB after NRL interest appears to have cooled, in second row i could only really see an NRL club wanting to release someone early to free up their cap space a la Joel Thompson.

Savelio is the one that stands out for me at SR and OOC but do we make a move to bring him back after all the baggage he had last time?
    I read the article and just felt he was a bit vague on exactly how we would be replacing them, in terms of recruitment or promotion of younger lads.

My biggest fear now is that we are going to go on a massive cost cutting exercise for a year or two and try and replace the majority of the outgoing players from within.

If Coote, Naiqama, Fages, Bentley and Thompson all go then I'd expect at least 2, ideally 3 signings to come in. More if Amor and LMS go too.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 24th June 2021 at 09:32.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I would expect Wingfield to replace Bentley in the 1st 17, very talented player with good vision and a passing game which is in short supply at the moment. Replacing Thompson will probably be from overseas as superleague clubs will very reluctant to release any player that is fairly decent. Maybe Woolf can see a Tongan connection for a big second rower similar to Tai and Peyroux as far as attacking ability goes.
    I haven't seen any evidence that Woolf even sees that when it's under his hooter let alone go looking for it.

In The South Stand

If Savellio was willing to sign for Saints then the club should be big enough to try to bring him back i think .

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

I think it might be a hangover from the past but not sure Savellio is the answer.
    Last edited by saint mac; 24th June 2021 at 11:14.

Got A Replica Shirt St Christopher's Avatar

Williams is a class act and yes - I'd take him. We have enough flexibility across the squad to fit him in immediately. His play would suit going to Saints or Leeds far better than Wire.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    I haven't seen any evidence that Woolf even sees that when it's under his hooter let alone go looking for it.
    But he beat Australia, New Zealand and England with attacking football. The Jennings try 1 second beore half time against England was very Wide to West esque.

Watch this on 39m 58s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9vlR75xZ0g

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

He's not signed anywhere yet as Warrington need to negotiate a release for Widdop or Austin.

Austin leaving in the next 7-10 days would be my educated guess.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS