Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 468 12345112151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Learning All The Songs

Default Transfer Rumours - All in Here

Coote going back to NRL family decision.

Sam Tomkins to replace him (i know my eyes opened wide when i heard it) Only from a bloke who knows a bloke you know those rumours??

Can't be true surely.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

Sam Tomkins to replace him (i know my eyes opened wide when i heard it) Only from a bloke who knows a bloke you know those rumours??

Can't be true surely.
    Nah! Too hard to believe given history and the need to pay a substantial transfer fee to Catalans.

Learning All The Songs

wouldn't want to see Tomkins in a Saints shirt( not that it would ever happen)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    wouldn't want to see Tomkins in a Saints shirt( not that it would ever happen)
    Seconded.

The rat-faced prick.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Simply can’t see it being true at all.

Next..

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Nah! Too hard to believe given history and the need to pay a substantial transfer fee to Catalans.
    Sam Tomkins is out of contract at the end of the season.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

Can't be true surely.
    Not a chance in hell that Eamon would sanction the signing of that horrible vermin. The thought of him running around in the redvee, tail and whiskers flying about in the wind is enough to turn your stomach.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Sam Tomkins is out of contract at the end of the season.
    Surely there's a job for him back at council house?

Got A Season Ticket

Probably correct re Coote. He's talked about the isolation during the pandemic taking it's toll on his wife, which is understandable. Can't see the Tomkins part of the story happening though.

Banned

FWIW I think he'd do a really good job but would hate to see him in a Saints shirt.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

I think he'll stay in France, he's invested a lot of money in refurbishing his house over there and I believe his family are settled.

In The South Stand

I can see Coote going for family reasons, which is a shame.

I think the Tomkins element is April Fools Day type nonsense.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Just been watching a Facebook live with a couple of journalists. Question asked about Saints ins and outs. They think (stress think)
    Kevin Naiqama is leaving. Toby King in.
    Fages leaves.
    Bentley leaves. (Both to free up money)
    Saints favourite to sign Scurr from Bradford.
    Plus possibly looking for a hooker to replace Roby.
    Also think Coote might stay.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Oh silly season has well and truly started
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by The Surveyor View Post
    Probably correct re Coote. He's talked about the isolation during the pandemic taking it's toll on his wife, which is understandable. Can't see the Tomkins part of the story happening though.
    You have to imagine being an Aussie in England over the past 12 months has been brutal, with Australia having a sense of normality but us being in lockdown for months at an end. Australia has been one of the best places to live in the western world over the last year given their no travel policy and it must have been hard watching your family and mates living a semi-normal life whilst you are stuck here in the cold with nothing to do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    You have to imagine being an Aussie in England over the past 12 months has been brutal, with Australia having a sense of normality but us being in lockdown for months at an end. Australia has been one of the best places to live in the western world over the last year given their no travel policy and it must have been hard watching your family and mates living a semi-normal life whilst you are stuck here in the cold with nothing to do.

We should have done that.

Would have saved tens of thousands of lives, and Łtens of billions in government spending.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I can see Coote going for family reasons, which is a shame.

I think the Tomkins element is April Fools Day type nonsense.
    At the moment it's not really a shame at all.

I'd take Tomkins we would be mad not to he's a classy player. Coote not been same player this year so far.
    I think we would be crazy to let Bentley go unless we had to.
    I agree Kevin will be in his way.
    I strongly expect Theo to be at Huddersfield. I like Theo but he's not a top class 7 for me and it's time for Dodd to be given more of a chance and use Theo as cover for Roby.
    I also think we should at the very least be enquiring about Williams he has really shone down under. I would expect Wigan to be favourites obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    We should have done that.

Would have saved tens of thousands of lives, and Łtens of billions in government spending.
    A lot easier when you're geographically isolated and with a relatively small population.

Banned

A lot easier when you're geographically isolated and with a relatively small population.
    And have a competent Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    And have a competent Government.
    Not a massive difference between theirs and ours in terms of their ideologies and tactics I reckon. If we were stuck in the Pacific with a population half as big, with a fraction of the international travel coming through our country and without a continent the size of Europe 30 miles across the sea (4 million of our population being from there) it would have been alot easier to say 'close the doors'. Had we done just that I can only imagine the outcry from those who would have said we were discriminating against EU nationals and those with families from further afield.

Banned

Not a massive difference between theirs and ours in terms of their ideologies and tactics I reckon. If we were stuck in the Pacific with a population half as big, with a fraction of the international travel coming through our country and without a continent the size of Europe 30 miles across the sea (4 million of our population being from there) it would have been alot easier to say 'close the doors'. Had we done just that I can only imagine the outcry from those who would have said we were discriminating against EU nationals and those with families from further afield.
    I'm not denying any of that, I'm just ••••ed off because some manky, infected flea bag has come through Heathrow at the same as me and I've got to stay at home until Friday just in time to watch us huff and puff against Hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm not denying any of that, I'm just ••••ed off because some manky, infected flea bag has come through Heathrow at the same as me and I've got to stay at home until Friday just in time to watch us huff and puff against Hull.
    I'd have happily done what the Aussies did and closed the border last summer. I'm perfectly happy spending a year or two without going abroad and I'd have been content with people being annoyed that they couldn't come in and out of the country for a year if it meant the country was relatively Covid free and we could all live some kind of a normal life. But I reckon I was in the minority.

Banned

I'd have happily done what the Aussies did and closed the border last summer. I'm perfectly happy spending a year or two without going abroad and I'd have been content with people being annoyed that they couldn't come in and out of the country for a year if it meant the country was relatively Covid free and we could all live some kind of a normal life. But I reckon I was in the minority.
    And I would if they'd done it from the start but it was the constant messing about that annoyed me. Anyway, back to the subject. Woolf out.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

You wouldn’t be in the minority in my circle of friends.