Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fages

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I actually agree with most of what you say. I'm more of the opinion that if we are going to play up the middle bashathons, we will have to get some younger lads to do it, who can take the punishment & got the engine to keep doing it. I've said it all along. For the game Woolf wants to play, especially combined with injuries in the forwards, we aren't big enough.

The style of play isn't going to change so I've given up on it. Sean Long leaving the club is also a major reason why our attack is poor. Saying that if we actually ran the ball up with 2 players either side in support, we might offload effectively instead of getting stopped dead & slowed down. If you don't win the physical battle, you won't win the game. Woolf wants a tussle up front and currently hasn't got the players to do it
    Or run from deeper and actually make an impact when they hit the line,sick of seeing them taking the ball from a standing start 2ft away from the ptb

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Or run from deeper and actually make an impact when they hit the line,sick of seeing them taking the ball from a standing start 2ft away from the ptb
    That's a major contributor to Tommy breaking tackles, he hits it from 5 yards back, the momentum is with him. It's not rocket science. Just imagine if we ran from deep with some support ?

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post

Yeah you're right Brook

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    That's a major contributor to Tommy breaking tackles, he hits it from 5 yards back, the momentum is with him. It's not rocket science. Just imagine if we ran from deep with some support ?
    Aye. Fair enough. I missed a fairly important bit out there didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Aye. Fair enough. I missed a fairly important bit out there didn't I?
    You make many good points Ralph, always good to read your thoughts.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    I hold my breath when Makinson takes a ball in, I don’t think there is a harder runner of the ball in the league. In addition to this he runs just as hard every time he takes a ball in, he’s fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I hold my breath when Makinson takes a ball in, I don’t think there is a harder runner of the ball in the league. In addition to this he runs just as hard every time he takes a ball in, he’s fantastic.
    He shows no regard for his well being at all, Percy does the same. They are both key parts of our game plan. They manage to get us on the front foot in the so called exit sets, Percy missing is a big blow as we all appreciate, no matter how well Welsby is filling in.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I think it's time to hold our hands up and admit, most of our senior players are in their last knockings for one reason or another.
    I have to agree here; we took a gamble on some of the older heads for one more year and it looks like a few have hit the buffers in pre-season. Reminds me a lot of when Everton had Gareth Barry; he was mint until the start of his final season and his legs just went. You could see what he wanted to do, but his body wouldn't let him.

Interestingly though, I have been told that Roby no longer running from DH is a tactical decision, and not due to lack of stamina/fitness on Robes part.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Interestingly though, I have been told that Roby no longer running from DH is a tactical decision, and not due to lack of stamina/fitness on Robes part.
    Cameron Smith ended up like that, he was just an organiser and a short passer 80% of the time, and it meant that he then had more time when used as a kicker or on the odd occasion he decided to run. It could be that Roby is being told to do the same thing to give him more time to be more effective every now and again. Smith of course played for Melbourne and had better options around him!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    I have to agree here; we took a gamble on some of the older heads for one more year and it looks like a few have hit the buffers in pre-season. Reminds me a lot of when Everton had Gareth Barry; he was mint until the start of his final season and his legs just went. You could see what he wanted to do, but his body wouldn't let him.

If thats true then thats a criminal decision, looking at all the hooker attacking stats, Roby has gone from top 3 last season to bottom 3 this season so far. Is Wello our attack coach endorsing this.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If thats true then thats a criminal decision, looking at all the hooker attacking stats, Roby has gone from top 3 last season to bottom 3 this season so far. Is Wello our attack coach endorsing this.
    I mentioned Wellens as attack coach on another thread when someone suggested he could take over as head coach. Does anyone know for certain that he is the attack coach? The club’s website just describes him as “assistant coach” and has no details of his exact role. Someone who has the chance to watch training sessions might know. He’s been referred to as attack coach several times but do we really know?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I mentioned Wellens as attack coach on another thread when someone suggested he could take over as head coach. Does anyone know for certain that he is the attack coach? The club’s website just describes him as “assistant coach” and has no details of his exact role. Someone who has the chance to watch training sessions might know. He’s been referred to as attack coach several times but do we really know?
    I believe he use to do post match performance analytics, he was given attack coaching role in some capacity, not sure if he does both now. I believe Woolf is more hands on with the defensive side, perhaps some in the know could explain the set up.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I believe he use to do post match performance analytics, he was given attack coaching role in some capacity, not sure if he does both now. I believe Woolf is more hands on with the defensive side, perhaps some in the know could explain the set up.
    If he still has an attack role, I find it difficult to believe that Wellens would instruct Roby not to run from dummy half when the defence isn’t set because he knows how effective he is. Could guidance like that be for medical reasons - to avoid the recurrence of an injury? Even that seems unlikely because Robes puts his body on the line in so many ways.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I don’t know anything about the performance analytics, but he is definitely the attack coach. How much influence he has on how we play???