Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fages

Got A Season Ticket

Default Fages

Unpopular opinion given how pretty much everyone on here “aren’t bothered if he leaves because Lewis Dodd is the next incarnation of Jesus Christ”, but I’m going to be gutted when he leaves (which trust me, he is). He is integral to what ever we do and consistently performs to a high standard.

I hope he goes to a club where not only management appreciate him, but also the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Unpopular opinion given how pretty much everyone on here “aren’t bothered if he leaves because Lewis Dodd is the next incarnation of Jesus Christ”, but I’m going to be gutted when he leaves (which trust me, he is). He is integral to what ever we do and consistently performs to a high standard.

I hope he goes to a club where not only management appreciate him, but also the fans
    Well if he's going to where the rumour mill says he is, he won't have any fans appreciating him

Starting A Programme Collection

Ok

Banned

If he's integral to the shite we're producing at the moment then I'm glad he's leaving.

In The South Stand

Yeah, I echo the sadness about him going but in a salary capped sport and in a short career, if he can get significantly more money at Huddersfield than he can get here, I can see why he’s going.

Fages has started very well this year, as has Lomax. Our attack is let down by Roby and Coote. Smith looked lovely when he was as on and offered something we’ve lacked this year, too.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

His kicking game was absolutely appalling tonight. But he had a nice hand in a couple of tries and scored a cracker himself.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    His kicking game was absolutely appalling tonight. But he had a nice hand in a couple of tries and scored a cracker himself.
    Agree with that. His cover tackling is absolutely superb as well. He snuffs out lots of threats out wide.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Thought he had a good running game tonight not too sure but i think he got man of the match. Also thought Coote was doing a bit more kicking on the 5th tackle.

Learning All The Songs

He’s that good he’s going to Huddersfield.

Learning All The Songs

Whoever watched that game tonight and voted Fages man of the match needs their eyes testing. Involved in a couple of try’s yes but he can’t kick at all.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Whoever watched that game tonight and voted Fages man of the match needs their eyes testing. Involved in a couple of try’s yes but he can’t kick at all.
    Fages can't win on here, people wanted him to be a creative half back and he was doing just that to get the man of the match tonight, then you respond saying he can't kick at all.

Banned

Played well tonight Theo. So did Smith. Just great to be back.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Fages can't win on here, people wanted him to be a creative half back and he was doing just that to get the man of the match tonight, then you respond saying he can't kick at all.
    The poster has form.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Smith looked lovely when he was as on and offered something we’ve lacked this year, too.
    Lovely? What did he offer? I've never seen him offer anything.

Banned

Be honest did you go tonight? If you did change your avatar to The Real Lenny Peters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cyprus View Post
    be honest did you go tonight? If you did change your avatar to the real lenny peters.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Another class performance by Fages yesterday.
    I’ve said it before but I’ll be gutted to see him go.

A few errors from Dodd when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

Fages has gone so just need to move on.

Re Dodd he needs to be incorporated into the first team in the same way Welsby was.

Welsby has made mistakes along the way. Dodd will do the same.

12 months ago Welsby had a shocker against Cas (last game before lockdown) at centre and nobody could see a position for him.
    12 months later he takes over from Percival regularly and looks the part.

Dodd is on first ream money , physically looks ready , so give him a go and accept some mistakes during his adoption.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Fages has gone so just need to move on.

Re Dodd he needs to be incorporated into the first team in the same way Welsby was.

Welsby has made mistakes along the way. Dodd will do the same.

12 months ago Welsby had a shocker against Cas (last game before lockdown) at centre and nobody could see a position for him.
    12 months later he takes over from Percival regularly and looks the part.

Dodd is on first ream money , physically looks ready , so give him a go and accept some mistakes during his adoption.
    I agree

In The South Stand

Great performance from the lad - the usual terrific attitude and work rate with some real class thrown in.

Having a top season so far - suspect some will only realise his worth when he’s no longer here but here’s hoping Dodd steps up (and gets given a bit more latitude from fans than 2020 Jack Welsby).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Fages who "can't kick at all" Sneyed who can, which would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

To allow him to go is a mistake, I don't think he will be ever classed as an all time great at the club, but he gives 100 percent every time he plays, the club should find some more money out of the salary cap and try to persuade him to accept a little less than apparently offered by other clubs but with the certainty that our club is always involved at the business end of competitions, I hope his team mates are also trying to persuade him to stay, as he seems very popular with them probably because of his enthusiasm

In The South Stand

I’m of the opinion he’s had a good start to the season and has taken the added responsibilities he’s been handed through both injuries to Coote and Roby at the start of the season and now tactically, pretty well. His stats, try assists, tackles, metres, average metres made are all pretty good and I think he’s copped some undue stick this year.

That said, if someone is going to offer significantly more than we can/want to offer him then it’s up to him to decide what he wants to do and I imagine it wouldn’t be hard to take probably the biggest contract he’ll get in his short career.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    To allow him to go is a mistake, I don't think he will be ever classed as an all time great at the club, but he gives 100 percent every time he plays, the club should find some more money out of the salary cap and try to persuade him to accept a little less than apparently offered by other clubs but with the certainty that our club is always involved at the business end of competitions, I hope his team mates are also trying to persuade him to stay, as he seems very popular with them probably because of his enthusiasm
    The talk is he’s been offered £200k at Huddersfield. That’s money we can’t match and I wouldn’t want us to either. I’d like to keep him, as would the vast majority of Saints fans, but in a salary capped sport you sometimes have to make sacrifices, especially when someone else is putting big money on the table. Fortunately we have such a lot great academy that it allows us to mitigate those losses somewhat.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The talk is he’s been offered £200k at Huddersfield. That’s money we can’t match and I wouldn’t want us to either. I’d like to keep him, as would the vast majority of Saints fans, but in a salary capped sport you sometimes have to make sacrifices, especially when someone else is putting big money on the table. Fortunately we have such a lot great academy that it allows us to mitigate those losses somewhat.
    Huddersfield must have found the keys to the safe as they haven't been recognised as big spenders so 25 years of Sky money is finally to be broken into.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.