Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastmond retires - immediate effect

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Default Eastmond retires - immediate effect

https://twitter.com/JennaBrooks/status/1394216122921242629?s=19

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/12308979/kyle-eastmond-retires-from-professional-rugby

Banned

No heart.

Learning All The Songs

Someone who wasted his talent and became a waste of money.

In The South Stand

For all the stick he got for going for the money, he’s walked away and ripped up his contract when he could have quite easily sat on it and took the money for the next year or so.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

He retired when he left Saints for me.
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket

No great loss, he's injury prone now.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

As has been previously mentioned, he could have stayed and got paid but did the right thing and retired so fair play.

The alarm bells were ringing for me when Agar said they were easing him back in and didn't want him to do too much in his first game. This is a lad who's played rugby league all through his childhood and early adulthood. If that was me I'd be chomping at the bit to prove to people I still had it. I think he was only tackled once and never took the line on in his first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    For all the stick he got for going for the money, he’s walked away and ripped up his contract when he could have quite easily sat on it and took the money for the next year or so.
    Agreed. A lot of players would cling to the club for the cash. Fair play to him.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

"The passion wasn't there".....it was also absent from his last months for us
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    "The passion wasn't there".....it was also absent from his last months for us
    Wish he’d have been as open and honest with us about his lack of effort at the time.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Come on guys let it go.

It was over a decade since he left saints, its not like he moved to Wigan.

Leaves Leeds in a bit of trouble as they would have planned for him to steer the side for a few years.

But he could have coasted and just took the money so credit to him for not becoming a journey man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Come on guys let it go.

It was over a decade since he left saints, its not like he moved to Wigan.

Leaves Leeds in a bit of trouble as they would have planned for him to steer the side for a few years.

But he could have coasted and just took the money so credit to him for not becoming a journey man.

I question whether he really did have all those injuries. Knocks and niggles, yes; every player gets those. The vast majority play through them, but a few (and it happens in football, too) cry off at these knocks and niggles.

I think Eastmond is one of these. Once he got the megabucks RU contract and set himself up for life, the desire to play through a bit of pain seemed to leave him.

I'd also have preferred him to be a financial/salary cap millstone around Leeds' neck and stayed. Pretty narked he's retired. F*ck 'em. Luckiest club going.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I question whether he really did have all those injuries. Knocks and niggles, yes; every player gets those. The vast majority play through them, but a few (and it happens in football, too) cry off at these knocks and niggles.

I think Eastmond is one of these. Once he got the megabucks RU contract and set himself up for life, the desire to play through a bit of pain seemed to leave him.

I'd also have preferred him to be a financial/salary cap millstone around Leeds' neck and stayed. Pretty narked he's retired. F*ck 'em. Luckiest club going.
    Unless someone is in the know euro what the contract said hard to judge this one either way - but wonder how much of it was Longy just pushing to have him in regardless in the first place.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

When you’re his size lining up at centre in union means you are going to take a hammering physically. He did it for 10 years I’m not surprised he hasn’t got anything left in the tank. I was always surprised he came back to league rather than going to Japan or the US where there’s plenty of money but you’re playing with/against a mixture of internationals and semi pro players.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    When you’re his size lining up at centre in union means you are going to take a hammering physically. He did it for 10 years I’m not surprised he hasn’t got anything left in the tank. I was always surprised he came back to league rather than going to Japan or the US where there’s plenty of money but you’re playing with/against a mixture of internationals and semi pro players.

He averaged 12 games a season across those 10 years.

Banned

Six months money I have been told. Leeds got off lightly. Cant forgive him for how he treated the Saints fans. Hope he has plenty in the Bank. Otherwise Kitchen Porter material. I f he stays on the straight.

Got A Season Ticket

I wondered whether Leeds will turn there attention to Theo from Bentley now they have lost Eastmond ????

As understudy to Gale? Doubt Theo would go for that.

Learning All The Songs

Hes retired because he realised he cant be arsed.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Six months money I have been told. Leeds got off lightly. Cant forgive him for how he treated the Saints fans. Hope he has plenty in the Bank. Otherwise Kitchen Porter material. I f he stays on the straight.
    That’s interesting assuming true - not bad for a couple of games on the paddock !

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Perhaps something more lucrative has come along? For me this is a decision that is suiting him, not for the good of Leeds.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Perhaps something more lucrative has come along? For me this is a decision that is suiting him, not for the good of Leeds.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him popping up on the SKY presentational team...............................

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Nothing against the guy at all and to play for England RL and RU you can't be some mug, he's no doubt made a packet more in Union than League so fair play to him but he'll only go down as RL flash in the pan, in years to come he may wish he'd have been remembered in the same legendary status as Longy? Or he may be completely happy with what he achieved in Union. I'd have liked to have seen him stay at Saints but hey ho, Kyle has done well without us and us without him.

Got A Season Ticket

Hope he enjoys his retirement. After the vitriol he received from our fans I was kinda hoping he came back and scored the winner for Leeds against us at home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Euroboy View Post
    Hope he enjoys his retirement. After the vitriol he received from our fans I was kinda hoping he came back and scored the winner for Leeds against us at home.
    Prick.