Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final venue confirmed - LSV

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Default Semi Final venue confirmed - LSV

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/05/1...nue-confirmed/

Saturday 5th June, kick off 2.30pm.

600 tickets initial allocation on sale to members only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/05/1...nue-confirmed/

Saturday 5th June, kick off 2.30pm.

600 tickets initial allocation on sale to members only.
    Bit of a trek for Hull fans but not our problem.

Learning All The Songs

600 tickets is rubbish, surely would make more sense to put it back a few weeks until more are allowed to go?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I imagine the clubs wanted the guaranteed money from as many home league games as possible beyond the June relaxation date so the Cup has been shafted really this year. I agree it would have been a better spectacle to have 10,000 or so at a Semi Final rather than a few thousand, but I think this is why it has happened.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    600 tickets is rubbish, surely would make more sense to put it back a few weeks until more are allowed to go?
    The date will also depend on when the BBC have the space to show it

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Absolutely terrible decision, apparently agreed six months ago - which shows what they thought of Leigh's chances of making it!

It could have been held at any number of venues with bigger capacities, Wigan could have been 6,250, any other super League stadium 4,000

Instead - 2,400 inside Leigh?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I imagine the clubs wanted the guaranteed money from as many home league games as possible beyond the June relaxation date so the Cup has been shafted really this year. I agree it would have been a better spectacle to have 10,000 or so at a Semi Final rather than a few thousand, but I think this is why it has happened.
    Fair enough on the date but the choice of venue is a disgrace really. Majority of fans have to miss out on one of the biggest games of the season because they’ve put both games on the same day, at the same small stadium. Awful decision, could easily have done it over two days and picked a decent sized football stadium to get 10k in.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Fair enough on the date but the choice of venue is a disgrace really. Majority of fans have to miss out on one of the biggest games of the season because they’ve put both games on the same day, at the same small stadium. Awful decision, could easily have done it over two days and picked a decent sized football stadium to get 10k in.
    I accept that BBC may have wanted a double header, but in theory we could have had an extra 10000 fans in over the weekend

So we have 2,400 in when at worst 4,000 at any other SL ground, 6,500 at Hull, Bolton, Huddersfield or Wigan..

We're not even keeping money in the game

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Absolutely terrible decision, apparently agreed six months ago - which shows what they thought of Leigh's chances of making it!

It could have been held at any number of venues with bigger capacities, Wigan could have been 6,250, any other super League stadium 4,000

Instead - 2,400 inside Leigh?
    I agree, but I think the pitch at the Piedome always get's relaid shortly after the football season finishes, hence the fact that Wigan Warriors have 4 consecutive league games away from home. mid May to mid June. But why they have chosen the LSV is slightly odd, must be cheaper to rent than others.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    I agree, but I think the pitch at the Piedome always get's relaid shortly after the football season finishes, hence the fact that Wigan Warriors have 4 consecutive league games away from home. mid May to mid June. But why they have chosen the LSV is slightly odd, must be cheaper to rent than others.
    Harder to get to by public transport, so no overcrowding on trains?

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post

Banned

Sack Rimmer now. It may be another pay off but we can't keep him and Rhodri Jones flushing our game down the pan. This is the worst decision ever. Play it behind closed doors. 600 fans? What do Saints do? Corporate crew? Scabby scavvy Councillors? 600 of the fans who donated? It's a farce. Better with no fans than 2,400. The governing body is not fit for purpose.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Sack Rimmer now. It may be another pay off but we can't keep him and Rhodri Jones flushing our game down the pan. This is the worst decision ever. Play it behind closed doors. 600 fans? What do Saints do? Corporate crew? Scabby scavvy Councillors? 600 of the fans who donated? It's a farce. Better with no fans than 2,400. The governing body is not fit for purpose.
    I read Liam watt’s recent comments about the incompetence at the top of the game (although this was centred around disciplinary) and I must say I find it hard to disagree with him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    You don't half come out with some rubbish at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    You don't half come out with some rubbish at times.
    Just trying to get into the heads of the RFL.

Edit... Also slightly tongue in cheek!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    When they speak they come across as so incompetent. I really don't think they would survive in a proper commercial enterprise. Rimmer is the epitome of the Peter Principle.

Perhaps the cost of hiring and sanitising a larger, neutral ground outweighed the projected income from gate receipts.

Banned

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Perhaps the cost of hiring and sanitising a larger, neutral ground outweighed the projected income from gate receipts.
    Well, if that were the case there'd be no grounds opening at all with only 4,000 coming in I would imagine.

End of the day, it once again makes the Cup look second rate. How many of the Saints and Hull fans will stick around for the second game, especially those that have just seen their team lose? More likely we'll barely have 2,000 in for the later game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Well, if that were the case there'd be no grounds opening at all with only 4,000 coming in I would imagine.

End of the day, it once again makes the Cup look second rate. How many of the Saints and Hull fans will stick around for the second game, especially those that have just seen their team lose? More likely we'll barely have 2,000 in for the later game.
    Do you really think that each club has to pay to hire its home ground to play a game there?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

It's the cheap option no doubt about it. No doubt if they'd have gone to a big football stadium it would cost more. It's terrible for the fans but ultimately we won't have been hugely considered in the decision sadly. The RFL will no doubt be aiming for a good Wembley crowd instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Do you really think that each club has to pay to hire its home ground to play a game there?
    I'm not suggesting they do, but a 4,000 gate for any club isn't going to be particularly lucrative given the extra costs involved now. I'm not even saying the RFL should hire out the Etihad or something, but an actual RL ground that holds upwards of 20,000 could have been used like Headingley. They've gone for Leigh so the same rules would apply in going for Leeds, and given that it has been used as one of the 'neutral sites' for league games for the past year they probably have a better grasp of what to do and not to do by this stage.

Banned

You don't really get the reputational risk to the game do you? I don't know if you attend games, however my floating voter mates, who dip in and out think the sport I love is a farce. Sadly I agree. Not about my club, or Wire, Leeds et al but I am now losing heart. 53 years as a season ticket holder with one break whilst employed in London.

In The South Stand

Headingly would of made more sense really.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Headingly would of made more sense really.
    Cricket's on that day.