Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Other quarter finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Connor, like Hardaker, is a liability. Both their mindsets mean they're liable to make huge mistakes at inopportune moments. Rather like Rangi Chase (anyone rmember him?), talented player but emotionally unstable.
    Mentally writing cheques that they’re never ever going to be able to cash........
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

The rule changes are a large part of what is ruining the game. The six again has become an easy get out for some refs. Some of the ruck infringements they are given for are pathetic. I'm sure they would think twice if they had to give penalties for some of those offences. Teams that have decent defence are now prepared to give away six again on the first or second tackle, it probably won't cost them much. If we go back to penalties for those offences most teams would try to eradicate them. a penalty would lead to a 20 to 30 metre advance at least, plus six tackles. A far more attacking option in my opinion. Also having no scrums tightens up the field, defence spread out instead of 6 defenders tied up in a short space, giving the backs more room to put on attacking moves. Most coaches have cottoned on to these rules and altered their style of play accordingly.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    The rule changes are a large part of what is ruining the game. The six again has become an easy get out for some refs. Some of the ruck infringements they are given for are pathetic. I'm sure they would think twice if they had to give penalties for some of those offences. Teams that have decent defence are now prepared to give away six again on the first or second tackle, it probably won't cost them much. If we go back to penalties for those offences most teams would try to eradicate them. a penalty would lead to a 20 to 30 metre advance at least, plus six tackles. A far more attacking option in my opinion. Also having no scrums tightens up the field, defence spread out instead of 6 defenders tied up in a short space, giving the backs more room to put on attacking moves. Most coaches have cottoned on to these rules and altered their style of play accordingly.
    Agree on all of that. Both rules have dumbed down the game further.

The six again was a good idea, but it's failed for all the reasons you highlight above.

Unfortunately, with each and every rule change, the coaches find a way to exploit them and perhaps highlight why they were never rules in the first place. I can't think of many rules bar the 40-20 and the corner flag remaining in play that have done anything to improve the game.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post

Yep. 6 again is actually one again or 2 again. They rarely get given on the last tackle.....

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Agree on all of that. Both rules have dumbed down the game further.

The six again was a good idea, but it's failed for all the reasons you highlight above.

Unfortunately, with each and every rule change, the coaches find a way to exploit them and perhaps highlight why they were never rules in the first place. I can't think of many rules bar the 40-20 and the corner flag remaining in play that have done anything to improve the game.
    May I suggest limited tackles, reducing the players from 15-13 and standing the defensive lines 10 meters from the play the ball are all rule changes we would not undo?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Let’s draw “ A line” under this. After blowing his own trumpet (or was it a “Bugle”?) He’s made a “Charlie” of himself, and whilst he thinks he’s “Crack”ed it, he hasn’t got a “sniff” of a chance in the England full back position, he’s “Blow”n his chance.

Have a “Coke” and a smile.....

Holy $hit even his own fans are having a pop :-)

Last time Zak dropped important chemicals he got suspended!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

Holy $hit even his own fans are having a pop :-)

Last time Zak dropped important chemicals he got suspended!!!
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 11th May 2021 at 03:34. Reason: Out of order

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    She looks like she dropped them on her face, and some maniac has had kids with her - TWICE.
    She's a stunner in Wig•n Dave

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    May I suggest limited tackles, reducing the players from 15-13 and standing the defensive lines 10 meters from the play the ball are all rule changes we would not undo?
    If we could go back in time, we certainly wouldn't undo the first two. I wish I could go back to 1994 though and knock the ten metre rule on the head. It's led to where we are today, with power having taken the place of skill. For me, it was the root of all evil, although it would take many years to become apparent.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

If we could go back in time, we certainly wouldn't undo the first two. I wish I could go back to 1994 though and knock the ten metre rule on the head. It's led to where we are today, with power having taken the place of skill. For me, it was the root of all evil, although it would take many years to become apparent.
    100% agree.

In The South Stand

It's weird when you watch the old games and see how deep teams were in attack and how they ran onto the ball. Does my head I'm now how flat teams are and how they take the ball in.