Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooc list

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    I see today it's been confirmed Evalds has re-signed with Castleford- https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...with-full-back

He was one who could've been a good replacement for Coote if he goes. He's a good full back, proven in SL.
    He had some good seasons with Salford but his form this year with Cas I have to say i've been distinctly unimpressed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    I see today it's been confirmed Evalds has re-signed with Castleford- https://www.skysports.com/rugby-leag...with-full-back

He was one who could've been a good replacement for Coote if he goes. He's a good full back, proven in SL.
    I like Evalds but, unless we change one of our half backs for a Sezer type player, we need our full back to play as an extra half back whilst taking on more in play kicking responsibilities than a regular full back would. I don't think Evalds would have fitted in whilst we have Lomax and Fages in the halves. At Cas with players like Trueman and Richardson doing the organising and kicking Evalds can just be a running threat.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    For me, that reads as “in an ideal world I would love Theo to stay but we can’t afford to keep him so will run with Dodd next season.” Something which will please a lot of people on here.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good to read his comments on the SC.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    For me, that reads as “in an ideal world I would love Theo to stay but we can’t afford to keep him so will run with Dodd next season.” Something which will please a lot of people on here.
    I,m thinking Coote and Naiqama won't be here next season with Welsby, Dodd, Simm, Wingfield and Foster featuring more with some in the first choice 17.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    For me it reads the opposite and reads Fages will stay but we’ll lose others.

Actual quote ‘That is not specifically related to Theo – but what it does mean is that we are going to lose some players due to the salary cap’

Maybe it’s still all up in the air.

Hopefully he’s not referring to Bentley.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    For me it reads the opposite and reads Fages will stay but we’ll lose others.

Actual quote ‘That is not specifically related to Theo – but what it does mean is that we are going to lose some players due to the salary cap’

Maybe it’s still all up in the air.

Hopefully he’s not referring to Bentley.

If we lose Bentley out of all those I’ll be most disappointed. We have had him on loan I think longer than playing for us and might lose him with that still being the case. Not only that but as good as he is now, he has the potential to be a real world class player in a few years.

LMS, Amor not to sound harsh but if they go then so be it. Amor I’ve honest never rated and his challenge cup performance last week was a shocker.

Coote going would be a shame, but he is the wrong side of 30 and given the financial struggle I think we need to prioritise our potential longer term/younger players. If he can in anyway be kept that does not cost us a young good player then he is an absolute must keep.

Agree with others about Dodd needing more time. He should be playing in the games against the weaker sides at least so he can really get a decent feel for the first grade. I’m not sure of the age difference between him and Harry Smith at Wigan but they have blooded him in straight away and he looks like he will be a good player for them.

In The South Stand

Reads to me Fages to stay, which I’m not disappointed in. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coote reluctantly go due to homesickness given comments he made. I think Naiqama will go, he’s become a Dad recently I believe. I’m most worried about Bentley, he’s a must keep. Looking what’s out there off contract at the end of the year, I think we might have Amor or LMS go round one last time, though not both.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Reads to me Fages to stay, which I’m not disappointed in. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coote reluctantly go due to homesickness given comments he made. I think Naiqama will go, he’s become a Dad recently I believe. I’m most worried about Bentley, he’s a must keep. Looking what’s out there off contract at the end of the year, I think we might have Amor or LMS go round one last time, though not both.
    I think both still have something to offer,but replacing one each year is obviously better than both at the end of next year.

Learning All The Songs

Not a member of the Fages fan club, so this is not the best news to hear.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    If we lose Bentley out of all those I’ll be most disappointed. We have had him on loan I think longer than playing for us and might lose him with that still being the case. Not only that but as good as he is now, he has the potential to be a real world class player in a few years.

LMS, Amor not to sound harsh but if they go then so be it. Amor I’ve honest never rated and his challenge cup performance last week was a shocker.

Coote going would be a shame, but he is the wrong side of 30 and given the financial struggle I think we need to prioritise our potential longer term/younger players. If he can in anyway be kept that does not cost us a young good player then he is an absolute must keep.

Agree with others about Dodd needing more time. He should be playing in the games against the weaker sides at least so he can really get a decent feel for the first grade. I’m not sure of the age difference between him and Harry Smith at Wigan but they have blooded him in straight away and he looks like he will be a good player for them.
    Smith is 21 so a couple of years older,he went out on loan to Swinton in 20019 so got some valuable game time there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Regards to Amor and LMS, one of those in Amor looks physically tough enough to go another season as a 100% middles prop, for me LMS is taking a lot of knocks now and is probably feeling the physical effects of "father time". Luckily we have Matty Lees who is a similar style to take over as a prominent prop.

In The West Stand

Woolf sounds very much like he’s playing a game of chicken. Fages wants more than what Saints are offering, and Woolf is effectively saying “we won’t blink first” you can either take the offer on the table, or we’re willing to walk away. If Dodd has to step up next year, that sounds like what we’re willing to do

I do think a centre to replace Naiqama and a top prop to replace LMS/ Amor are our priorities above the spine where Welsby/ Dodd look likely to be able to step up

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Woolf sounds very much like he’s playing a game of chicken. Fages wants more than what Saints are offering, and Woolf is effectively saying “we won’t blink first” you can either take the offer on the table, or we’re willing to walk away. If Dodd has to step up next year, that sounds like what we’re willing to do

I do think a centre to replace Naiqama and a top prop to replace LMS/ Amor are our priorities above the spine where Welsby/ Dodd look likely to be able to step up
    I think you’re right about Fages. His agent probably wants more than the club feels he’s worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I think you’re right about Fages. His agent probably wants more than the club feels he’s worth.
    That's his job. It Saints' job to manage the cap. They either find a compromise or they don't. If they do he stays if they don't he goes.

Same can be said for Craig Harrison aka ShowMe who is Bentley's agent. He has touted Bentley to Leeds.

The interesting thing for me is how much of the cap has been taken up on Lomax and Walmsley.

Given a 15M drop in the TV deal , did they both get in early or have their salaries matched the new financial landscape.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    That's his job. It Saints' job to manage the cap. They either find a compromise or they don't. If they do he stays if they don't he goes.

Same can be said for Craig Harrison aka ShowMe who is Bentley's agent. He has touted Bentley to Leeds.

The interesting thing for me is how much of the cap has been taken up on Lomax and Walmsley.

Given a 15M drop in the TV deal , did they both get in early or have their salaries matched the new financial landscape.
    Is the drop for Super League actually £15m? Wasn’t something like £10-15m of the last deal the Sky Try and Lower league money?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...mpression=true

This suggests Huddersfield are front runners to sign Fages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

That’ll be the Fages lovers on here crying then. Hopefully that move comes to fruition because if Coote leaves, which looks likely, then there’s no room for Fages in his current role seeing as though he needs Coote to do his job for him.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    That’ll be the Fages lovers on here crying then. Hopefully that move comes to fruition because if Coote leaves, which looks likely, then there’s no room for Fages in his current role seeing as though he needs Coote to do his job for him.
    Shame that Coote has been crap all year then, isn’t it?

In The South Stand

Would look likely agents playing their games, then and Woolf saying we’ll offer something and it’s up to Fages.

In The South Stand

Watson a highly rated coach. Looking to sign Fages the current scapegoat. Doesn't that say something?

Learning All The Songs

Shame that Coote has been crap all year then, isn’t it?
    Firstly, Coote’s played about 5 games so ‘all year’ is very dramatic and secondly, you’re right it is a shame he’s been crap in those games because it’s exposed Fages as being not good enough and a massive weak link in attack.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Regards to Amor and LMS, one of those in Amor looks physically tough enough to go another season as a 100% middles prop, for me LMS is taking a lot of knocks now and is probably feeling the physical effects of "father time". Luckily we have Matty Lees who is a similar style to take over as a prominent prop.
    Matty Lees is another Tim Jonkers. Game, but too small to play prop. Can’t break a tackle and quite often gets put on their backside in defense

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Watson a highly rated coach. Looking to sign Fages the current scapegoat. Doesn't that say something?
    It says Fages as a player is one whose targeted by mid table teams rather than by the NRL.

So money or part of a winning team is Fages choice... if he goes we have Dodd next year. Be interesting to see where we go...

That potentially leaves us

Welbsy
    Makinson King Percival Grace
    Lomax Dodd
    Walmsley Roby* Lees
    Mata’utia Bentley*
    Knowles

Smith Thompson Paasi Amor/<new prop>

*assuming signing new contracts