Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooc list

Banned

Default Ooc list

Some big calls to be making who would you keep and release. Also who else do you feel we may go for

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/every...ue-club-38516/

Banned

Keep

Coote roby both 1 year deals
    Bentley
    Batchelor
    Eaves
    Nisbet
    Maybe lms 1 more year as we may lack experiance up front

Release the rest to free up cap space

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

The only player I’d go for off that list is George Lawler from Hull KR, I mentioned last season we should go for him and he’s rejected a new contract at Hull KR, I believe Radford wants him at Cas though.

Even though he doesn’t look or play like it LMS is 35 and Amor has started this year looking the best he has for a good few seasons.

I’d retain all those players apart from maybe Eaves/Rizelli who just arn’t getting a look in, hopefully the reserves will be back next year though.

Banned

True not havung reserves has stinted the growth of the youngers lads

Depending on who leaves id look at josh jones and matt prior if bentley lms and amor all leave. I also doubt we could but id love to have matty ashton in a saints shirt

Got A Season Ticket

I would keep Bentley and that’s it. There are cheaper and better options than everyone else

In The South Stand

Fages, Bentley, Coote and Roby if he wants one and probably one of LMS and Amor given their ages. I don’t know enough about Nisbet and Rizelli but without a reserve grade, they’re probably better dropping a level to get proper game time.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Renew Bentley.

I would have Jake Connor and Toby King at the top of my shopping list as replacements for Coote and Kev.

I see Toby King as a young Gareth Ellis, we could eventually switch him to the backrow where he could be truly world class.

Connor and Tommy were fantastic as a wing centre combo for England. They have obvious chemistry.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Renew Bentley.

I would have Jake Connor and Toby King at the top of my shopping list as replacements for Coote and Kev.

I see Toby King as a young Gareth Ellis, we could eventually switch him to the backrow where he could be truly world class.

Connor and Tommy were fantastic as a wing centre combo for England. They have obvious chemistry.
    Would definitely take Connor for centre to replace Naiqama, but thought he wanted to play fullback? Imagine Connor and Bentley on the same side, it would be a niggle factory!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think that who we release or retain will depend on whether or not we have a reserves team. From the other clubs the stand outs are Toby King and Jake Connor, both in positions we may need to fill.

I see Rizelli scored twice for Swinton today.

In The West Stand

Leeds, unsurprisingly, are after Bentley now, Coote says he’s unsure on his future (though I haven’t read the full articles in the League Express). I’m less worried on Coote, as I think there are options out there, and as good as he is/ was, I think we can find solutions if he decides to move on. To lose Bentley to Leeds would be frustrating, but perhaps we could have expected it given his short contract last time around. I really really hope the Katoe rumours are wide of the mark, as it very much signals a return to the Peyroux/Morgan/ McDonnell era of signings, which was very hit and miss, and not where we need to be to sustain our position.

In: Connor, Williams, Watts
    Out: Coote, Naiqama, Fages, Amor, LMS
    Re-sign: Roby, Bentley, Batchelor (+kids depending on reserves etc)

Would be the dream ...

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Leeds, unsurprisingly, are after Bentley now, Coote says he’s unsure on his future (though I haven’t read the full articles in the League Express). I’m less worried on Coote, as I think there are options out there, and as good as he is/ was, I think we can find solutions if he decides to move on. To lose Bentley to Leeds would be frustrating, but perhaps we could have expected it given his short contract last time around. I really really hope the Katoe rumours are wide of the mark, as it very much signals a return to the Peyroux/Morgan/ McDonnell era of signings, which was very hit and miss, and not where we need to be to sustain our position.

Would be the dream ...
    Have you got a link for the 'Leeds interested in Bentley'? please.

I read an article yesterday that paired an OOC player that would be an ideal fit for each super league club & it stated Bentley would be a good fit for Leeds, Nequaima would be a good fit for Catalan, Seizer a good fit for Wigan etc But it was a speculative, fantasy article rather than a factual one.

I was wondering if the speculation about Bentley to Leeds came from this?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Would be the dream ...
    Coote basically says he loves it here but the off field stuff with regards to travel restrictions and not being able to see his family etc is taken its toll. Says everything is great from a rugby point of view but his wife is “doing it tough” so they’re mulling over their options.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

I read an article yesterday that paired an OOC player that would be an ideal fit for each super league club & it stated Bentley would be a good fit for Leeds, Nequaima would be a good fit for Catalan, Seizer a good fit for Wigan etc But it was a speculative, fantasy article rather than a factual one.

https://www.totalrl.com/leeds-rhinos-eye-saints-star/
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

It does seem convenient timing, coupled with “he’s from Leeds, so it must be true” style reporting

Banned

If the club really want him. Throw a 3 year extension now while he is injured. May not be a popular opinion this, it wouldn't upset me that much if he went. Love to keep him, but I would be more gutted to lose Knowles. I really think Batchelor is a Greenwood. Bentley in that Leeds pack does nothing, except the obvious work hard and tackle like mad. Leeds need Watts from Cas first.

Banned

It does seem convenient timing, coupled with “he’s from Leeds, so it must be true” style reporting
    Averaging 13 trys a game ? Thats some feat !! For me if he goes it would be to the NRL

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    If the club really want him. Throw a 3 year extension now while he is injured. May not be a popular opinion this, it wouldn't upset me that much if he went. Love to keep him, but I would be more gutted to lose Knowles. I really think Batchelor is a Greenwood. Bentley in that Leeds pack does nothing, except the obvious work hard and tackle like mad. Leeds need Watts from Cas first.
    If he wants to play nrl then a move to Leeds probably won't help. They will look at the top performers in the top teams and right now that isn't them.

If he wants to make more money and not travel down the m62 each day then that's up to him. It's a short career that can be ended in the blink of an eye.

Starting A Programme Collection

Would be the dream ...
    Don't know if he is still carrying an injury , but Coote as been disappointing so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Coote basically says he loves it here but the off field stuff with regards to travel restrictions and not being able to see his family etc is taken its toll. Says everything is great from a rugby point of view but his wife is “doing it tough” so they’re mulling over their options.

Not a chance he will go to Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not a chance he will go to Leeds
    Don't bet on it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I can see Coote and Naiqama leaving at the end of the season they have been living in a bubble for the second year now, that must have a big effect on wanting to go home. Also I should imagine one of LMS or Amor will retire that could be LMS he is taking a lot of head knocks and picking up niggly injuries which tells me the physicality is taking its toll.

Its very difficult to think about Roby retiring but I get the feeling by the end of the season it might be a season too far thinking about go again for 2022. He is becoming less effective now those metres gained are dissapearing now, his missed tackle count is not "Roby Standard" and he is coming up with more errors in poor passes and dropped ball. We really need to sort out is it going to be Smith or Eaves because its in Saints DNA to always have a hooker who is pivotal and controls a game.

Fages is a 50:50 call for giving him a new contract, I think the coaching staff need to look at his possible transition to hooker because he is blocking off the progress of Dodd as a natural scrum half. Season 2022 is going to be an interesting one, losing experienced players and possibly head coach as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Don't know if he is still carrying an injury , but Coote as been disappointing so far this season.
    He has. He has still come up with a couple of nice assists but he looks a yard slower than before, almost sluggish at times. He's still an important part of our side and I'm far from writing him off but going purely off his performances so far this year I'd be far less bothered about him leaving than I was 12 months ago.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

If Coote goes, there's some good full backs available on the off contract list in the NRL...

I've already mentioned Nicho Hynes, the back up to Papenhuyzen at Melbourne. Matt Dufty is another who's available. Both would bring a new dimension to Saints attack with their speed. Perhaps worth pointing out the current Tonga full back is also off contract (Will Hopoate) too.

My choice would be Dufty.

Interesting to see how this story develops.
    *Not to be confused with Mike Stephenson, MBE

He has. He has still come up with a couple of nice assists but he looks a yard slower than before, almost sluggish at times. He's still an important part of our side and I'm far from writing him off but going purely off his performances so far this year I'd be far less bothered about him leaving than I was 12 months ago.
    He has hardly played yet. I think a couple more games will get him up to speed. He still showed his influence on a couple of occasions against Hudds.

Starting A Programme Collection

Spot on. Our attack has a few issues but that's the main thing for me.

Add in the fact the other night he seemed to be constantly out of position from close range attacking kicks.

Something definitely isn't right.