Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bentley injury update

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Paasi will also be a certainty on the bench.
    I also forgot Mata'utia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Yes I think the first 14 are fixed unless we rotate, after that really competetive.

I think we should take the opportunity to rotate. Some players have played every game so far this year. We potentially need to fit in a couple of rearranged games and so rotating the squad will not only allow players to reduce risk of burn-out or have minor niggles grow into something bigger, but keep squad players match-fit and motivated.

We need to be working towards the play-offs, with a rotation strategy geared towards peaking again fresh for the GF.

This is a very good Saints side. We need to make the most of it in terms of getting more of our name on the honours board for the sport.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think we should take the opportunity to rotate. Some players have played every game so far this year. We potentially need to fit in a couple of rearranged games and so rotating the squad will not only allow players to reduce risk of burn-out or have minor niggles grow into something bigger, but keep squad players match-fit and motivated.

We need to be working towards the play-offs, with a rotation strategy geared towards peaking again fresh for the GF.

This is a very good Saints side. We need to make the most of it in terms of getting more of our name on the honours board for the sport.
    Fully agree. I think in Woolfs interview he hinted at having a rotation plan, so it's good that we already have some idea what we are going to be doing.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I agree we have played plenty games. The few weeks break after Wembley were a blessing.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

I'm sure we will rotate as the season goes on, but due to the Covid breaks at other clubs and then recently ourselves we haven't played alot of games the last two months. I think as the games come thicker and faster players will be rotated more. This week for example all our props will be available so it'll be interesting to see who drops out as I doubt he'll pick all 5 unless one of our back rowers drops out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'm sure we will rotate as the season goes on, but due to the Covid breaks at other clubs and then recently ourselves we haven't played alot of games the last two months. I think as the games come thicker and faster players will be rotated more. This week for example all our props will be available so it'll be interesting to see who drops out as I doubt he'll pick all 5 unless one of our back rowers drops out.
    I reckon LMS or Walmsley deserve a rest, I think LMS has been outstanding and one of our best forwards this season.

In The South Stand

Based on the form of Batchelor for the last six or so weeks and Thompson’s last three games, if Bentley was fit tomorrow, he’d have to settle for a place on the bench, for me.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs theres only one stan wall's Avatar

I don’t get the love in for Batchelor personally. He’s a squad player, hard worker, the modern day Mike Bennett but in no way good enough for a regular starting spot at St Helens. He doesn’t break the line and drops off too many tackles. Fair play to him he’s maximising his ability and I’m not opposed to retaining him as a squad player but he isn’t one we should be aspiring too as a starting back rower. Bentley is a far better player, irrespective of where he’s going next season, for now we are paying him and we’ve more chance of winning the SL with him in the side. I’m more excited by Wingfield, he looks like he has a lot more to offer and a far better skill set. Not knocking Batchelors efforts but we’re going way over the top with him.

10/12/1989 12-12 v Dewsbury (H) Regal Trophy.
    Att:5,847 (Loyal supporter ever since).

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theres only one stan wall View Post
    I don’t get the love in for Batchelor personally. He’s a squad player, hard worker, the modern day Mike Bennett but in no way good enough for a regular starting spot at St Helens. He doesn’t break the line and drops off too many tackles. Fair play to him he’s maximising his ability and I’m not opposed to retaining him as a squad player but he isn’t one we should be aspiring too as a starting back rower. Bentley is a far better player, irrespective of where he’s going next season, for now we are paying him and we’ve more chance of winning the SL with him in the side. I’m more excited by Wingfield, he looks like he has a lot more to offer and a far better skill set. Not knocking Batchelors efforts but we’re going way over the top with him.
    Tend to agree with this in respect to Batchelor. He is Mr consistently solid and deserves to be getting his chance. That said, He’s unlikely to find a gap, doesn’t run great lines but is defensively solid and has a high work rate. Bentley offers much more, can’t comment on Wingfield as I haven’t seen enough of him.

Comments on Thompson from a few above. He’s clearly holding his arm/shoulder every time he runs the ball in. He’s probably playing at 50% fit and is likely to be rested whenever the opportunity presents.