Default Williams homesick

George Williams reportedly homesick.

1. Lomax
    6. Williams
    7. Dodd.

Thats a combination! If only.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

He'll almost certainly be off back to the pig sty?

Won't he?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    He'll almost certainly be off back to the pig sty?

Won't he?
    One would imagine so.

Sorry for posting gents. Just noticed this is already being discussed in the Hastings thread. :/
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Williams is only going to one place - Wigan.
    Of course the usual Wigan know nothings will make this out as some sort of coup when the reality is its as inevitable as night following day.

If I were Wigan I would stick with Harry Smith unless they see a combination with him and Williams working which I don't to be honest

But just to repeat what other have said. No chance he is coming here. Wigan most likely with an outside chance of Wire for a big pay day.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    If I were Wigan I would stick with Harry Smith unless they see a combination with him and Williams working which I don't to be honest

But just to repeat what other have said. No chance he is coming here. Wigan most likely with an outside chance of Wire for a big pay day.

I agree that he’s Wigan bound should he return, he’s seen success there and regardless their poor 2019, they have got the only setup to rival us, if he wants to win trophies. Wire will put together their usual cup run and fade to black on the League front IMHO
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Season Ticket

He’s on his way back to the UK now so where is he going?? Hastings to Wests immediately?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/25/...SfHeDXzJy2-oUw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Travelvocation View Post
    He’s on his way back to the UK now so where is he going?? Hastings to Wests immediately?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/25/...SfHeDXzJy2-oUw

Got to be Goon bound. Nobody else can afford him immediately. Makes sense for Wigan. Always homesick these wiganers.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by St Willy; 25th May 2021 at 08:18.
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

If he joins Wigan now then that’s worrying for us. They have cap space due to George Burgess leaving so if it’s Williams and Hastings in the halves then that’s some combination.

Learning All The Songs

I would like to see him here but it’s as likely I will play for Saints!

In any case Lomax at fullback, Welsby at stand off and Dodds at scrum half sounds pretty good

We need a hooker because Roby is too old

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    If he joins Wigan now then that’s worrying for us. They have cap space due to George Burgess leaving so if it’s Williams and Hastings in the halves then that’s some combination.

Be a shame for Smith who I think has actually been better than Hastings so far.

I just do not know where all this money is coming from for Wigan to be able to afford both Williams and Hastings at the same time with French. I’m not talking about cap space, just the ability to pay these wages. I thought they were struggling.

In The South Stand

I could see Wire offloading Austin now and getting him in, if it’s not Wigan, but then you’d expect them to move Hastings on either permanently or temporarily till he goes back to Australia.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

I can see Leeds throwing silly money to sign him. They’re desperate for a half back and with Eastmond now off the books I would presume they have space on the cap.

Won’t that Jai Field be on decent money as well?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    I can see Leeds throwing silly money to sign him. They’re desperate for a half back and with Eastmond now off the books I would presume they have space on the cap.
    Eastmond cost little on the cap because he come from Union, so I don’t know how much space they have or whether they have a marquee spot left.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Noooobie

Been told this morning by a Wigan fan that French has ruptured his Achilles & is out for the season. His wife works in B&Q and French told her his op is on Friday. Could be a wind up but might explain Williams’s timing of leaving Canberra
    LED ZEPPELIN The Most Important Band In The World.... TODAY! Q Magazine Front Cover March 2005 Edition

In The South Stand

Wigan said publicly that they had spent all the Burgess money on other players and that there was very little wiggle room left on the cap. I imagine Wigan are currently on the phone trying to get Hastings over to the NRL immediately to free up a marquee spot and some cap room. Failing that, I imagine the fingers of retirement will be falling on Tommy L's or Bevan French's shoulders.

Beyond all that I can see him playing for Leigh for the rest of the season and joining Wigan next season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

If he goes back to wigan he will only count 75k on salary cap?
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection

Williams has tweeted saying he never asked to leave now and he hasn't signed the release but they've kicked him out.

If that's true he can't have anywhere lined up for now!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Williams has tweeted saying he never asked to leave now and he hasn't signed the release but they've kicked him out.

Sounds like bullshit to me. He's cried wolf and it's bitten him on the arse. Why would Canberra release a fairly even handed statement explaining the situation if that wasn't the case? What's to be gained for them. Is Williams saying him/his missus are not homesick (as widely reported) and wants to stay in Australia? I know if it was me, I'd want the child born there to be eligible for a passport. Seems a strange situation.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post

Think this is just the problems with social media/twitter etc. Appears Williams is just responding to a report saying he walked out on Raiders via a text message. He says he has been asking and in discussions for some time.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    If he goes back to wigan he will only count 75k on salary cap?
    That's only if they make him a marquee player. Apparently they have Hastings and Bateman as marquee players now. When Burgess departed they gave several players increases and changed the marquee allowances to fit.

I can see Hastings going early to accomodate him. I think that was always the plan at the end of the season anyway.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    Think this is just the problems with social media/twitter etc. Appears Williams is just responding to a report saying he walked out on Raiders via a text message. He says he has been asking and in discussions for some time.
    It's a bit more than that. He's saying he was asking weeks ago for a release at the end of the season, but the club have responded by kicking him out of the club and sacking him. That's not good from Canberra.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Wigan said publicly that they had spent all the Burgess money on other players and that there was very little wiggle room left on the cap. I imagine Wigan are currently on the phone trying to get Hastings over to the NRL immediately to free up a marquee spot and some cap room. Failing that, I imagine the fingers of retirement will be falling on Tommy L's or Bevan French's shoulders.

Beyond all that I can see him playing for Leigh for the rest of the season and joining Wigan next season.
    Wouldn't be surprised at that as Leigh have space on the cap. Wire may rival Wigan though for next season, will Austin and Widdop be off contract?

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Where have they said that I don't recall it.
    Flower, Escare, Joe Burgess, Joe Greenwood etc also left.

That's only if they make him a marquee player. Apparently they have Hastings and Bateman as marquee players now. When Burgess departed they gave several players increases and changed the marquee allowances to fit.

I can see Hastings going early to accomodate him. I think that was always the plan at the end of the season anyway.
    Hastings has publicly stated that he isn't on the marquee list at Wigan. If Frenchs injury is as bad as feared I would expect Williams to replace him at Wigan.