Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: 21 man squad v Leigh Centurions

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    They won't know for a few days. They normally wait for the swelling to go down before a scan.
    Can we assume there is no break then?

Noooobie

Don't know why people are surprised, shocked or complaining about Wolffs tactics and gameplay.
    100% record so far in and no settled side yet with injuries and some players not hitting their stride yet. Best points for and against too.
    Are we that bad - No. Is the RL on show in this era that bad - Yes.
    The game, as a spectacle, is stale and tired. All teams play by and large the same - safety first completion, build pressure etc etc. Just that Saints, at present, consistently do this better than most.
    Will playing the so-called bigger teams raise our game? Of course not. Same old same I'm afraid.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

We have all had a good 'moan' at times including me , it's Sunday now the game's over 2 points in the bag , let's focus on whose in the 17 for the 'cup' game , I've not been to Wembley for age's .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    Don't know why people are surprised, shocked or complaining about Wolffs tactics and gameplay.
    100% record so far in and no settled side yet with injuries and some players not hitting their stride yet. Best points for and against too.
    Are we that bad - No. Is the RL on show in this era that bad - Yes.
    The game, as a spectacle, is stale and tired. All teams play by and large the same - safety first completion, build pressure etc etc. Just that Saints, at present, consistently do this better than most.
    Will playing the so-called bigger teams raise our game? Of course not. Same old same I'm afraid.
    Very much so, can't think of one single team in Superleague who play open entertaining rugby, you might get one game but in general its robotic stuff. Fans who want to see this open entertaining style of rugby are going to be in for a long wait.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Can we assume there is no break then?
    Well immediately after the game it was confirmed a break. No details until fully investigated. Does'nt sound good.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Well immediately after the game it was confirmed a break. No details until fully investigated. Does'nt sound good.
    FFS... Cheers for that, I didn't realise it had already been confirmed. Not looking good at all then.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    Yes, I’m sure someone said it was a broken ankle but we can live in hope that was wrong information.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Very much so, can't think of one single team in Superleague who play open entertaining rugby, you might get one game but in general its robotic stuff. Fans who want to see this open entertaining style of rugby are going to be in for a long wait.
    The thing is, this wasn't the case two years ago. I really enjoyed watching Saints under Holbrook and many teams had started to throw the ball about more. The game has now regressed again, at least in the UK, and we are at the forefront of that new model.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    The thing is, this wasn't the case two years ago. I really enjoyed watching Saints under Holbrook and many teams had started to throw the ball about more. The game has now regressed again, at least in the UK, and we are at the forefront of that new model.
    Ben Barba was a case in that period point, we had a lot more attacking players availability during the Holbrook era.

Woolf last season and this season has struggled to get a full strength team available for the first 5 or 6 games, hopefully Percival has fully recovered but like Coote is still a bit clunky in attack at the moment.

Once we get Coote, Percival, Lomax, Dodd and Welsby in the team firing on all cylinders our attacking opportunities and hence style will change.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 3rd May 2021 at 07:31.

Ben Barba was a case in that period point, we had a lot more attacking players availability during the Holbrook era.

Woolf last season and this season has struggled to get a full strength team available for the first 5 or 6 games, hopefully Percival has fully recovered but like Coote is still a bit clunky in attack at the moment.

Once we get Coote, Percival, Lomax, Dodd and Welsby in the team firing on all cylinders our attacking opportunities and hence style will change.
    I don't think the style will change as such but I think we'll score more points. There have been periods in most of the games this season where we can score for fun but if we take a hit in our confidence (like with the Gelling interception try) we revert to trundling up the middle.

If our attack was less clunky we would be winning by 30-50 points almost every game. It sounds stupid but a knock on here and a mistimed run there is what is stopping us from scoring not a lack of innate ability. Indiscipline is costing us more dearly and causing us to work harder in defence than we should really need to.

In training we need to keep working on the attack and our timings and handling skills will improve. More so of we have a settled team. More importantly we need to stop pr*cking around in the tackle. Or at the very least start listening to the referee and adapting our technique and timings to the situation.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guns86 View Post
    I don't think the style will change as such but I think we'll score more points. There have been periods in most of the games this season where we can score for fun but if we take a hit in our confidence (like with the Gelling interception try) we revert to trundling up the middle.

If our attack was less clunky we would be winning by 30-50 points almost every game. It sounds stupid but a knock on here and a mistimed run there is what is stopping us from scoring not a lack of innate ability. Indiscipline is costing us more dearly and causing us to work harder in defence than we should really need to.

In training we need to keep working on the attack and our timings and handling skills will improve. More so of we have a settled team. More importantly we need to stop pr*cking around in the tackle. Or at the very least start listening to the referee and adapting our technique and timings to the situation.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Just looked at some stats this morning, we are one of the most error ridden and indisciplined sides in Superleague at the moment, which obviously means we spend too much time defending and can't get enough minutes to play any longer periods of attacking.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Yes, I’m sure someone said it was a broken ankle but we can live in hope that was wrong information.
    They haven't had a scan yet.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

We have missed Twitter this weekend.Saints Twitter account usually give some information about injuries.

Learning All The Songs

Just looked at some stats this morning, we are one of the most error ridden and indisciplined sides in Superleague at the moment, which obviously means we spend too much time defending and can't get enough minutes to play any longer periods of attacking.
    Yep. According to the SL site we made 22 errors, missed 39 tackles and conceded 12 penalties, that's pathetic for any top flight team, never mind one at the top end. Throw in the six-agains (which we seem to be on the wrong side of every game) and it's difficult to see how there would be any opportunity to play entertaining rugby even if we wanted to.

Starting A Programme Collection

At least some good news, no citing from this week's disciplinary panel, all the penalties against us were no further action penalties sufficicient., two Hull players suspended for the Wigan cup match though, Connor and Fash. Chubb on Grade F charge which is eight matches minimum

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Yep. According to the SL site we made 22 errors, missed 39 tackles and conceded 12 penalties, that's pathetic for any top flight team, never mind one at the top end. Throw in the six-agains (which we seem to be on the wrong side of every game) and it's difficult to see how there would be any opportunity to play entertaining rugby even if we wanted to.
    looking at those stats, its a miracle we won the game

Banned

I see Beaumont has had Ramsay Bolton fed to the dogs

(alternatively, he's sacked John Duffy)

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I see Beaumont has had Ramsay Bolton fed to the dogs

(alternatively, he's sacked John Duffy)
    Harsh, given the circumstances, they were only promoted to make up the numbers, after Toronto went, the team can perform for about 60mins but they are nowhere near SL quality.