Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Injury news

Learning All The Songs

Default Injury news

Lees out for while according to Woolf. Also Sione Mata'utia won't play this week

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    Lees out for while according to Woolf. Also Sione Mata'utia won't play this week
    I hope that means we’ll see Norman this week. LMS will probably start at 13 with Amor/Walmsley and then Iggy off the bench for impact but I’d feel we were a bit lightweight with both Wingfield and Batchelor on the bench.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I hope that means we’ll see Norman this week. LMS will probably start at 13 with Amor/Walmsley and then Iggy off the bench for impact but I’d feel we were a bit lightweight with both Wingfield and Batchelor on the bench.
    8. Walmsley
    9. Roby
    10. Amor
    11. Batchelor
    12. Bentley
    13. Thompson

14. Smith/dodd
    15. Lms
    16. Paasi
    17. Norman

Still good team i think. I like the look of norman and batchelor needs game time to make any judgement

Quote Originally Posted by itswide2west View Post
    8. Walmsley
    9. Roby
    10. Amor
    11. Batchelor
    12. Bentley
    13. Thompson

14. Smith/dodd
    15. Lms
    16. Paasi
    17. Norman

Still good team i think. I like the look of norman and batchelor needs game time to make any judgement
    Can’t see him moving Thompson out of the 2nd row. Think it’ll be
    Walmsley, Roby, Amor
    Thompson, Bentley
    LMS

Subs: Paasi, one of Smith/Dodd/Welsby, two of Batchelor/Wingfield/Norman

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Lees is going to be big blow in the coming weeks, especially with Knowles still out too.

Wakey have two of their best out in Johnson and Tanginoa.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    He doesn’t sound too positive about Percival either so I’d assume Welsby will play centre again.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    Lees is going to be big blow in the coming weeks, especially with Knowles still out too.

Wakey have two of their best out in Johnson and Tanginoa.
    Shame for Lees. He has really knuckled down. Really liked his first spell the week before.

That said a great chance for Batchelor (who is a big unit) and Norman.

No offence but LMS and Amor are the masters of one more year.

They are great when you are 10 points up against a lower team but are not going to turn things around.

There is a role and a place for them this year but would like to see Batchelor and Norman given a run.

Be good to see Wingfield also. It will keep Knowlel and Bentley honest.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Shame for Lees. He has really knuckled down. Really liked his first spell the week before.

They are great when you are 10 points up against a lower team but are not going to turn things around.

There is a role and a place for them this year but would like to see Batchelor and Norman given a run.

Up

Starting A Programme Collection

Please ignore above post. No idea how It happened

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Amor made 134m and 48 tackles whilst LMS made 100m and 36 tackles against Leeds. They've both started the season well and deserve to play especially given Lees, Mata'utia and Knowles are all out from the pack so we'll be lacking a bit of 1st team experience.

I imagine Amor (replacing Lee's) and LMS (replacing Mata'utia) will both start and two of the forward bench spots will be taken up by Batchelor / Norman / Wingfield. I suppose it'll depend on if Woolf wants to play Batchelor in the front row or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Amor made 134m and 48 tackles whilst LMS made 100m and 36 tackles against Leeds. They've both started the season well and deserve to play especially given Lees, Mata'utia and Knowles are all out from the pack so we'll be lacking a bit of 1st team experience.

I imagine Amor (replacing Lee's) and LMS (replacing Mata'utia) will both start and two of the forward bench spots will be taken up by Batchelor / Norman / Wingfield. I suppose it'll depend on if Woolf wants to play Batchelor in the front row or not.
    I’ve also commented on this previously, Amor looks the fittest I’ve seen him in a long while and has started really well.

LMS is still a really valuable member of the team and is putting in good performances at 35, I’d still give him another year.

I’m bit concerned that Norman hasn’t been included in any of the 21 man squads yet (apart from pre season), I don’t know how far off he is but if there’s a time to step up it’s now. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Wolf went with Batchelor and Wingfield though.

I’ve also commented on this previously, Amor looks the fittest I’ve seen him in a long while and has started really well.

LMS is still a really valuable member of the team and is putting in good performances at 35, I’d still give him another year.

I’m bit concerned that Norman hasn’t been included in any of the 21 man squads yet (apart from pre season), I don’t know how far off he is but if there’s a time to step up it’s now. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Wolf went with Batchelor and Wingfield though.
    I know it was only a pre season game but up against a fairly full strength Leigh side Norman certainly didn’t look out of place. With both LMS and Amor off contract surely we need to know if Norman is capable of stepping up to the 4th prop slot for next year or we’ll have to look at signing one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Possibly the best start to a season Amor has had. Woolf said earlier that Norman is one for the future. Not sure whether the injuries will force us to play him now or whether we go with our other options. If Norman plays I hope he takes his chance,

Banned

Good assessment of LMS and Amor that, but this is one of those games you're happier to see them than when we have to play someone decent. I also agree with you on Norman and Batchelor, they need game time now to be ready later on when we may need them to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Good assessment of LMS and Amor that, but this is one of those games you're happier to see them than when we have to play someone decent. I also agree with you on Norman and Batchelor, they need game time now to be ready later on when we may need them to perform.
    At least with Amor/LMS we know exactly what we are getting and to be honest they are head and shoulders above all other 4th & 5th choice props in the league. They won’t be on a big chunk of money and they aren’t stopping us signing projects like Norman or hinder us as we’ve brought through Lees. On a year by year contract basis I’m happy to keep taking them on their merits, I’m sure Amor has said he wants to play another year anyway but they both seem fit enough so if their form is ok and we have the cap space it’s not a risk to keep them on. Suppose in the end it will depend on the development of Norman, Batchelor, Wingfield etc and whether we can retain Bentley, Knowles, Lees etc.

Got A Season Ticket

I know this won't be a popular opinion on here but I don't get the love for Lees. I think he's average at best, gets dominated and pushed back almost every carry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    I know this won't be a popular opinion on here but I don't get the love for Lees. I think he's average at best, gets dominated and pushed back almost every carry.
    The love for Lees stems mostly from his potential and the way he puts himself about. Granted last season he wasn’t great but clearly hadn’t bounced back from that terrible injury. This season he looks bigger, stronger and more like the prop we hope he will grow into. Bearing in mind he’s still only 23 and props generally don’t come into their own till their mid to late 20’s the potential of this guy is awesome. In such a fast game having a prop with the engine of Lees alongside bigger ball carriers like Walmsley and Paasi is vital as well.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

This sounds as though you havn't seen Lees play this season, the descript of being average, dominated pushed back on every carry is very much last year. Not absolutely sure but I think he got a man of the match performancw against Salford.

Banned

At least with Amor/LMS we know exactly what we are getting and to be honest they are head and shoulders above all other 4th & 5th choice props in the league. They won’t be on a big chunk of money and they aren’t stopping us signing projects like Norman or hinder us as we’ve brought through Lees. On a year by year contract basis I’m happy to keep taking them on their merits, I’m sure Amor has said he wants to play another year anyway but they both seem fit enough so if their form is ok and we have the cap space it’s not a risk to keep them on. Suppose in the end it will depend on the development of Norman, Batchelor, Wingfield etc and whether we can retain Bentley, Knowles, Lees etc.
    I wasn't criticising them, they both do a job. I just feel we may need these less experienced lads later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I wasn't criticising them, they both do a job. I just feel we may need these less experienced lads later in the season.
    I agree, more of a general point about LMS/Amor. I’d particularly like to see Norman play. If he runs his size he’ll be a handful!

Banned

I agree, more of a general point about LMS/Amor. I’d particularly like to see Norman play. If he runs his size he’ll be a handful!
    Exactly. As much as anything I want to see Norman play and these are the exact games he should be getting some game time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I think he has really improved this season. I posted previously that he is like another new signing this year.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

I do understand where you are coming from, but I do think there is potential as he really, really puts the effort and desire is clear to see. Tompson didn’t kick on right away. He showed amazing potential, then went a bit flat then just clicked.