Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non Sky Saints games

Banned

He has probably bought a new Jaguar and the dealer has given him a V.I.P CODE. That rich he should be in hospitality.

Learning All The Songs

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Ordinarily sky don't show all games every week,it's only due to the pandemic and the use of 1 ground that they did.
    I know but, because of the pandemic, they decided to show all games and now they’ve gone back to normal. The club’s statement makes it clear that the decision to allow the other games to be streamed only to season ticket holders has been made by Sky. That seems pretty poor on Sky’s part given that the games could easily be sold like game tickets allowing the clubs to make some extra money with a cut going to Sky.

I’m guessing that Sky don’t want to cut their live to air viewing audiences cut because of advertising but, at the same time, aren’t willing to continue with broadcasting all the games. I often wonder why Sky charges such high subscription fees, dwarfing the licence fee that so many moan about and yet want to show adverts as well.

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    He has probably bought a new Jaguar and the dealer has given him a V.I.P CODE. That rich he should be in hospitality.
    Jaguar, do they do a car that anyone buys? i have got the code off a season ticket holder who isn't watching the game. Can't wait to see a winger who can finish Mr Johnstone in a team with average players imagine what he would do in our team with the service Grace and Makinson get.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Jaguar, do they do a car that anyone buys? i have got the code off a season ticket holder who isn't watching the game. Can't wait to see a winger who can finish Mr Johnstone in a team with average players imagine what he would do in our team with the service Grace and Makinson get.
    Does said season ticket holder know that it's the same code for every game and now that you have redeemed it they won't be able to watch ANY games? Or are you telling porkies?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Does said season ticket holder know that it's the same code for every game and now that you have redeemed it they won't be able to watch ANY games? Or are you telling porkies?
    Yes they aren't bothered

You’ll certainly need to use the Our League broadcast for the Wakey and Leigh games. The Giants game is on Sky and the cup tie will be televised. Then it’s down to the season ticket draw for the Salford and Hull games. The Catalan game is on Sky but after that who knows what will happen? Being selfish, I hope I get drawn out of the hat to watch the Salford game as the alternative is the Our League stream again. At least the Hull game is in Sky and can be watched inside a pub if unlucky in the draw.

In The South Stand

I am a season ticket holder , but i wondered about the people who are members but only with the cheaper card .

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHarryPinner View Post
    So what have you done? do tell
    Cast his rod hoping to reel YG in

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    Cast his rod hoping to reel YG in

Starting A Programme Collection

I am unsure if I have received this seasons code. However I have watched both our games on the App so I assume I have used the code, or is it possible I'm using last seasons code. Yours thoughts please?
    Its just that I'm having doubts because the seasons almost 3 games old an d some have not yet got their codes which seems strange

The other games have been on sky sports so most folk will likely have watched it on there as it's a lot more convenient than our league. This game is only on ourleague hence some folk now needing their code.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I'm just wondering if anyone has the same issue as me here.

I received the code a couple of months ago, joined, logged in and now when I open the App, it remembers my password and in I go.

When I click on the 'Watch live' tab, the bar for Saints v Wakefield shows a locked icon. When you click on that bar, it takes me to a page with options to buy a number of Championship games and nothing else.

Has anyone else who has already joined with their code got this problem, or have I destroyed technology with a wrecking ball once again? :-)
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone has the same issue as me here.

I received the code a couple of months ago, joined, logged in and now when I open the App, it remembers my password and in I go.

When I click on the 'Watch live' tab, the bar for Saints v Wakefield shows a locked icon. When you click on that bar, it takes me to a page with options to buy a number of Championship games and nothing else.

Has anyone else who has already joined with their code got this problem, or have I destroyed technology with a wrecking ball once again? :-)
    Have you scrolled down right to the bottom of the Championship games page? You enter your code in the “redeem voucher code” box. This happened to me and now our game has been unlocked.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Have you scrolled down right to the bottom of the Championship games page? You enter your code in the “redeem voucher code” box. This happened to me and now our game has been unlocked.
    Ah. I've just typed in the code and it's sorted. Cheers, captain. :-)
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Shame those of us who donated our season tickets last year can’t be allowed a bit of a benefit and be allowed to buy a code. Disappointing to say the least.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Good luck getting a season ticket holder to give up their Our League log in details or their code mate.
    I've got one. No doubt the internet will be utter dog shit again.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Shame those of us who donated our season tickets last year can’t be allowed a bit of a benefit and be allowed to buy a code. Disappointing to say the least.
    That does seem a bit mean. Have you spoken to anyone at the club about this?
    I'm not actually sure who issues these codes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club had a few 'spare' floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I'm not actually sure who issues these codes, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club had a few 'spare' floating around.
    I think the point really is we shouldn’t have to beg. It would have nice if the club had already thought of this as a benefit to donators but perhaps the fact is that would potentially diminish one of the reasons to buy a season ticket. I always try to support Saints whenever I can but have to admit to feeling a bit miffed at the minute. The sooner we can get back on the terraces the better.

I think the point really is we shouldn’t have to beg. It would have nice if the club had already thought of this as a benefit to donators but perhaps the fact is that would potentially diminish one of the reasons to buy a season ticket. I always try to support Saints whenever I can but have to admit to feeling a bit miffed at the minute. The sooner we can get back on the terraces the better.
    Totally agree.

Edit...Just looking at the thread on the game. You obviously watched it. How did you do that?
    Last edited by KentishBarry; 16th April 2021 at 22:29. Reason: typo

Got A Replica Shirt

The club don't have the right to give non-season ticket holders access to this coverage. Sky have relaxed the exclusivity they pay £mm for but only to enable current season ticket holders to have access. If you don't fall into that category then there is nothing the club can do short of breaching the game's most important contract.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

The club doesn't have access to spares.

Totally agree.

Edit...Just looking at the thread on the game. You obviously watched it. How did you do that?
    Managed to watch it in a mates garden. Authentic experience from a temperature point of view.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    The club don't have the right to give non-season ticket holders access to this coverage. Sky have relaxed the exclusivity they pay £mm for but only to enable current season ticket holders to have access. If you don't fall into that category then there is nothing the club can do short of breaching the game's most important contract.
    That’s a very pro-Sky reading of the issue. There hasn’t been a single PL game not televised since the first lockdown, with all the providers getting more games and even some being on the BBC so that fans could see all the games. The league could have easily stressed to Sky that if they didn’t want to screen all the games that they would screen them instead for a fee provided they didn’t clash with a live TV game. Once again this is a situation where we let them set the rules.

Managed to watch it in a mates garden. Authentic experience from a temperature point of view.
    I hope you left a load of plastic beer glasses on the floor to continue with said authentic experience.