Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jonny Lomax - New Deal

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    If we don't flog him this year don't be surprised to see Roby around next season. That will give Dodd/Eaves another season to develop.
    If Robes goes I think we’ll sign a hooker.
    Fages has played there before and it wasn’t great, I remember his distribution being slow and pretty poor. He’s a lot more experienced now but I still don’t think he has the guile for a 9.

Smith can’t seem to play without coming off injured and Eaves is down the pecking order. I think Saints will try to get Robes to stay on next year unless a quality hooker is available. I like the two of the upcoming players at Hull KR Jez Litten and Mikey Lewis, would be happy if Saints made a move for them.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post
    If Robes goes I think we’ll sign a hooker.
    Fages has played there before and it wasn’t great, I remember his distribution being slow and pretty poor. He’s a lot more experienced now but I still don’t think he has the guile for a 9.

Smith can’t seem to play without coming off injured and Eaves is down the pecking order. I think Saints will try to get Robes to stay on next year unless a quality hooker is available. I like the two of the upcoming players at Hull KR Jez Litten and Mikey Lewis, would be happy if Saints made a move for them.
    I’ve been saying this about the clamour for Fages to play at 9 for ages. When he’s played there (briefly, admittedly) he’s been rubbish.

Learning All The Songs

Well deserved Johnny just need Coote & Bentley now to re sign and i'll be happy.

Learning All The Songs

Theres rumours Clark may go to NRL. Wonder if powell will look to take Mcshane.

Always thought he would be a good signing. I think Saints need a big signing for Hooker. I like the look of Smith but ready to be next in line after KC and Roby? Then again who is

WARNING! WIDNES FAN!

Smith and Eaves are awful. They need moving on and bring a good replacement in.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by col81 View Post
    Smith and Eaves are awful. They need moving on and bring a good replacement in.

They're not 'awful' If you're comparing either to the two best British hookers in the modern era, possibly in the history of the sport, then they'll always come off worse. But so would every other hooker in SL.

Unless we bring in one of the best 2 or 3 hookers in the NRL, which isn't likely to happen, we're going to see an inevitable drop-off in quality at 9 to what we've been accustomed to for 25 years.

Maybe best to get behind the player who does take on the role, whether that's Smith, Eaves or AN Other. You know... be a supporter of the team instead of a miserable tw*t always looking for the negatives and dying to have a dig.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    They're not 'awful' If you're comparing either to the two best British hookers in the modern era, possibly in the history of the sport, then they'll always come off worse. But so would every other hooker in SL.

Unless we bring in one of the best 2 or 3 hookers in the NRL, which isn't likely to happen, we're going to see an inevitable drop-off in quality at 9 to what we've been accustomed to for 25 years.

Maybe best to get behind the player who does take on the role, whether that's Smith, Eaves or AN Other. You know... be a supporter of the team instead of a miserable tw*t always looking for the negatives and dying to have a dig.
    He drives a Jag you know so he must know what he's talking about.

The ••••ing helmet.

Banned

I quite like Smith. Eaves looked a bit ordinary for Leigh against Wigan, some pretty poor decisions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I quite like Smith. Eaves looked a bit ordinary for Leigh against Wigan, some pretty poor decisions.
    I think Smith has a good rugby brain and is sharp. His delivery is snappy, too. He's not lightning quick for a hooker like Clarke or like Roby was, but no slouch. The question marks are with his defence. He's game to tackle anything but too often gets dominated and sometimes his head in the wrong place. As he gets stronger and gains more experience, that should become less of an issue.

Eaves looks a decent all-rounder, but less spark than Smith. But I've seen far less of him playing

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I think Smith has a good rugby brain and is sharp. His delivery is snappy, too. He's not lightning quick for a hooker like Clarke or like Roby was, but no slouch. The question marks are with his defence. He's game to tackle anything but too often gets dominated and sometimes his head in the wrong place. As he gets stronger and gains more experience, that should become less of an issue.

Eaves looks a decent all-rounder, but less spark than Smith. But I've seen far less of him playing
    Don’t know much about Eaves but I agree about Smith. He is a decent size, just needs to turn some of his weight into a bit more muscle, and work on his tackling technique.