Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cc leeds

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

A good dictating half back would have had this game won by now.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    You’d think this was our first game of the season Woolf needs to read the riot act at HT
    The signs were there in first two games. We are magnificent defensive team but our attack is dreadful at times.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    A good dictating half back would have had this game won by now.
    Apart from the one that was charged down has he even kicked the ball yet? Incredible that people think he’s a good scrum half, he’s a passenger most weeks.

In The South Stand

A penalty on the hooter not given. Why? Dunno, Ben Thaler needs a pee, maybe.

Pretty poor half. The pack are getting a bit of a pasting from Leeds and are being bossed out there. Our errors have been pretty woeful and we’ve gave Leeds a lot of ball and repeat sets.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Banned

Paasi looking good. Real run busting threat

Coote can tell hes fresh hoping for better 2nd half

Poor kicking game

Learning All The Songs

Paasi looks great but that’s the only positive from that dismal display. Awful performance with the ball, yet again. Thaler not giving a clear try and Bentley deciding to not run to the line not helping either.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Taking 2 from 40 metres out against half a Leeds team. Dear me.
    You ok hun?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    A penalty on the hooter not given. Why? Dunno, Ben Thaler needs a pee, maybe.

Pretty poor half. The pack are getting a bit of a pasting from Leeds and are being bossed out there. Our errors have been pretty woeful and we’ve gave Leeds a lot of ball and repeat sets.
    To be fair I think it was accidental offside. I don't think he knew much about it. But maybe I saw it wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Not sure who is the worse, Saints or Thaler. We looked like we have never played together and Thaler allowing Lying on every tackle, though He did start calling 6 again last 15 mins. Terrible decision about Roby's try and we were unlucky that the tackle on Fages wasn't given as late. Mata’utia out for next week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Man names best English fullback and best English half as players in his team. Is his next exclusive going to be “water is wet”?
    A lot of RL fans wouldn’t have Tomkins full back, a lot would say Lomax is not the best English half. Also, why should he be telling us all who’s in his team six months out when form should have a say between now and then.

All things considered, to be two up at half time isn’t so bad after that.

I think this is one of those games where scoring very early hasn’t helped us. We seemed to relax and got a shock when Leeds started giving it to us physically.

We have an opportunity now to wipe the slate clean and start again. If we keep it simple and direct for 15-20 mins we should be able to cut loose. Make a similar number of errors and we’ll be up the proverbial creek.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    A lot of RL fans wouldn’t have Tomkins full back, a lot would say Lomax is not the best English half. Also, why should he be telling us all who’s in his team six months out when form should have a say between now and then.
    Course they would. There’s no better fullback at present than rat boy. The same for Lomax in the halves. Williams is the only other option. You’re upset he’s saying peoples names who are the first on the teamsheet. It would be like Gareth Southgate saying Harry Kane will start for England in the summer, it’s not a big deal.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Apart from the one that was charged down has he even kicked the ball yet? Incredible that people think he’s a good scrum half, he’s a passenger most weeks.
    Im including Lomax in my post too mate. Ive not got anything against Fages. But we need a natural half somewhere whetger its at 6 or 7.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Let’s be honest, this has been a garbage half of RL from us. We’ve thrown it wide right three times and had joy, scoring with the first and making poor decisions with the other two, but clear to see we can have joy there. But we steer clear of it and rely on a one dimensional game plan which is quite easy to read too often.

In The South Stand

Taking 2 from 40 metres out against half a Leeds team. Dear me.
    Not playing well and making errors so you go for goal to keep the score ticking over and get the ball back. I'm not sure why you don't understand this.

Course they would. There’s no better fullback at present than rat boy. The same for Lomax in the halves. Williams is the only other option. You’re upset he’s saying peoples names who are the first on the teamsheet. It would be like Gareth Southgate saying Harry Kane will start for England in the summer, it’s not a big deal.
    Upset? I’m not even bothered, just surprised that he’s given it away when there’s six months between now and then. Much more clever to not give stuff away and encourage players to raise their game thinking they can get a jumper in October than just tell them he’s already made his mind up. We had a thread on here about who he would pick, I said Tomkins would be the 1 and loads disagreed.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    The signs were there in first two games. We are magnificent defensive team but our attack is dreadful at times.

15 missed tackles first half, signs defence is failing. Coote not taking the right options again. Hope we don’t lose this by putting him in again.Already lost 1 chance before through doing this. Would be tempted to put Welsby at full back and LMS as centre.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    All things considered, to be two up at half time isn’t so bad after that.

I think this is one of those games where scoring very early hasn’t helped us. We seemed to relax and got a shock when Leeds started giving it to us physically.

We have an opportunity now to wipe the slate clean and start again. If we keep it simple and direct for 15-20 mins we should be able to cut loose. Make a similar number of errors and we’ll be up the proverbial creek.
    Seemed to relax after going 6 up? Jeez I really hope we are not that unprofessional and big headed. I don’t even want to think along those lines.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dursleysaint View Post
    15 missed tackles first half, signs defence is failing. Coote not taking the right options again. Hope we don’t lose this by putting him in again.Already lost 1 chance before through doing this. Would be tempted to put Welsby at full back and LMS as centre.
    One forward on the bench and you want to put a prop at centre?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Seemed to relax after going 6 up? Jeez I really hope we are not that unprofessional and big headed. I don’t even want to think along those lines.
    I don’t think it’s a conscious thing. I think it sometimes just lets a bit of air out of the balloon, so to speak.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    One forward on the bench and you want to put a prop at centre?
    To be fair, put a prop at centre we might actually pass to them.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by dursleysaint View Post
    If we want to lose then yes, this would be tempting.

What a shift Paasi’s put in here.

Learning All The Songs

Paasi’s changed the game since coming on, probably the only player to turn up.

Paasi’s changed the game since coming on, probably the only player to turn up.
    He’s going to be a massive crowd favourite when we get fans back.