Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
Coote is an ultimate professional, with nothing to proove, he plays well in every game , Welsby has done well in his 2 games so far 'but' the lad is still under pressure to proove he has the 'quality' to be considered as an automatic choice in the first 13 to put a shirt on = Coote is without a shadow of a doubt in that 13 , Coote will play with Welsby in the Squad . Welsby will be in that first 13 for many years to come , Coote with age will slowly move down the pecking order .
The notable and in fairness probably only exception to that being the CC Final, which was the last time he hadn't played a game in a long time. There were other factors at play in the final; 30 odd degrees and the whole team bottling it collectively. I hope Coote is ready obviously and do think he'll start. He might be physically ready. But will the sharpness and match fitness be there? I just think it's a fair enough question and don't think its necessarily a foregone conclusion that if fit he goes straight back in to a big game like this.

Having said all that I can't actually remember the situation with the cup final I've tried to erase it from my memory. Was he rushed back and not properly fit? If so then I take most of that back!