JB&B Leach Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Warrington's year

  1. #1
    Got A Season Ticket palmorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Warrington's year

    How great it is to see Warrington get turned over by Cas.
    Following a 'best performance of the round' from Saints!

    It must be their year...............!

  2. #2
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Come on ffs, it's a bit embarrassing this. It's round 1 and they lost - so what? They'll be up there come the end of the season barring a disaster.

    All this "it's always their year" crap is getting well past it's sell by date.

  3. #3
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maghull
    Posts
    1,157
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm amazed that people can tell the way a season is going to go from the first game.

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs jonimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Stand 'D' Blocker
    Posts
    2,090
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Hill cleaned out O'Brien no doubt in my mind. Poetic justice.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I absolutely love it ! I love how Charnley had a shocker I love how Lineham got snotted and i loved listening to Price and his drivel at the end !

    Leigh must feel confident at staying up after watching them this aft !

    2022 could be their year COYS

  6. #6
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Come on ffs, it's a bit embarrassing this. It's round 1 and they lost - so what? They'll be up there come the end of the season barring a disaster.

    All this "it's always their year" crap is getting well past it's sell by date.
    Oh it isn't... It really isn't. Not when they have scumbags like Lineham, Hill and Charnley playing for them.

  7. #7
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,182
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Oh it isn't... It really isn't. Not when they have scumbags like Lineham, Hill and Charnley playing for them.
    Oh I'm more than happy to abuse and ridicule them. I just think repeating the same over and over is getting a bit boring. I like something along the lines of "not in your lifetime", more truthful and vindictive IMO.

  8. #8
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Oh I'm more than happy to abuse and ridicule them. I just think repeating the same over and over is getting a bit boring. I like something along the lines of "not in your lifetime", more truthful and vindictive IMO.
    Phil Clarke said in the first couple of minutes commentary of the hudds v Hull game something along the lines of "if we are going to have a club winning super league who has never won it before then in reality it's going to come from one of these two". Probably true but made me chuckle nonetheless.
    Last edited by Scrum Down; 28th March 2021 at 20:34.

  9. #9
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,656
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Just a pity the scum and perennial jammy bast*rds Leeds sneaked wins.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  10. #10
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I thought Steve Price interviewed well at the end, refused to blame the ref. I despise Warrington but Iíve generally thought Price always comes across pretty well.

  11. #11
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Oh it isn't... It really isn't. Not when they have scumbags like Lineham, Hill and Charnley playing for them.
    Charnley was terrible. Delighted. Can't stand them

  12. #12
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    10,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Hill cleaned out O'Brien no doubt in my mind. Poetic justice.
    Hillís clumsy (when heís not being dirty) and looks well passed his best now.
    Warrington look a very dangerous team but arenít clinical enough, for whatever reason. I hope Price stays on all year but i can see him going before then.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  13. #13
    Learning All The Songs Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Charnley was terrible. Delighted. Can't stand them
    Getting skinned by Jordan Turner is not one for the highlight reel.

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs jonimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North Stand 'D' Blocker
    Posts
    2,090
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Hill’s clumsy (when he’s not being dirty) and looks well passed his best now.
    Warrington look a very dangerous team but aren’t clinical enough, for whatever reason. I hope Price stays on all year but i can see him going before then.
    Ironically the winning coach may be with them next. You wonder why.

  15. #15
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Oh I'm more than happy to abuse and ridicule them. I just think repeating the same over and over is getting a bit boring. I like something along the lines of "not in your lifetime", more truthful and vindictive IMO.
    ... and most importantly, realistic.

  16. #16
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    5,144
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I think 99% of wire fans don't consider or say this is going to be their year, they have so many false dawns over almost a decade now they are running out of enthusiasm. What is worrying for them is thay they have too many players "over the hill" now with not enough yound players coming through, if Powell does take over he is going to have a major rebuild on his hands.

  17. #17
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    991
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Strange as it sounds the last 10 to 15 years have perhaps been Warrington RLFC best years. They have had spells before when they have been trophy winners and near the top of the league but I cant recall or research a period of such elongated relevance by our noisy neighbours.

  18. #18
    Learning All The Songs The.Reverand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I thought Steve Price interviewed well at the end, refused to blame the ref. I despise Warrington but Iíve generally thought Price always comes across pretty well.
    To be fair the way they played even Price isnít dumb enough to bring any bad decisions into the equation.

  19. #19
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Massively disappointing performance in what has been a great round of games.

  20. #20
    Starting A Programme Collection undertheradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N-L-W
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Massively disappointing performance in what has been a great round of games.
    Virtually an exact replica of a lot of your games last season.

    You look clueless and one dimensional in the opposition 20 which is a surprise with 2 top class half backs.

    Down to tactics or is the player Ďchemistryí not there?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,998
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Strange as it sounds the last 10 to 15 years have perhaps been Warrington RLFC best years. They have had spells before when they have been trophy winners and near the top of the league but I cant recall or research a period of such elongated relevance by our noisy neighbours.
    I agree. When I first started watching the game in the mid-80s Wire were no great shakes but they'd had a decade or so where they were at least competitive, with a couple of John Player trophies and a couple of Lancashire Cup wins. But they weren't one of the top dogs and for me they were behind Widnes (let alone Wigan) in terms of our big games. Fast forward 35 years and Wire are unrecognisable from that era. They are regarded as one of the big 4 or 5, they've won 4 Challenge Cups in the last dozen years, finished top of the league twice in that time and have had some of the best players in the comp. This just might be as good as it gets for them, because historically this is a golden period for the club.

    If we're measuring true success in league titles and Challenge Cup wins then this is the best decade or so they've had since the ten years after the war when they won 3 titles and 2 Cups. They then went over half a century between 1955 and 2009 winning just 1 major trophy, so what they've done since 2009 has been very good based on their modern history. And of course, if the lesser pots like the County Cup, JPS and Premiership were around now they'd have likely won a few of them in the last decade or so and would have had a really good haul of trophies to compare with any era in their history.

    Everyone is keen to ask when Wire will finally achieve their 'potential' but maybe they already have. Maybe winning a few trophies and being the nearly men is as good as it gets for them.

  22. #22
    In The South Stand saintgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    eccleston
    Posts
    4,431
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I agree. When I first started watching the game in the mid-80s Wire were no great shakes but they'd had a decade or so where they were at least competitive, with a couple of John Player trophies and a couple of Lancashire Cup wins. But they weren't one of the top dogs and for me they were behind Widnes (let alone Wigan) in terms of our big games. Fast forward 35 years and Wire are unrecognisable from that era. They are regarded as one of the big 4 or 5, they've won 4 Challenge Cups in the last dozen years, finished top of the league twice in that time and have had some of the best players in the comp. This just might be as good as it gets for them, because historically this is a golden period for the club.

    If we're measuring true success in league titles and Challenge Cup wins then this is the best decade or so they've had since the ten years after the war when they won 3 titles and 2 Cups. They then went over half a century between 1955 and 2009 winning just 1 major trophy, so what they've done since 2009 has been very good based on their modern history. And of course, if the lesser pots like the County Cup, JPS and Premiership were around now they'd have likely won a few of them in the last decade or so and would have had a really good haul of trophies to compare with any era in their history.

    Everyone is keen to ask when Wire will finally achieve their 'potential' but maybe they already have. Maybe winning a few trophies and being the nearly men is as good as it gets for them.
    Youíre forgetting the Captain Morgan Trophy.

  23. #23
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    10,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Edit
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  24. #24
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    10,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    You look clueless and one dimensional in the opposition 20
    You could say similar about us at times to be fair
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  25. #25
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    To be fair the way they played even Price isnít dumb enough to bring any bad decisions into the equation.
    There were plenty of bad decisions, but as he made them there was no way Price could say anything

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •