Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warrington's year

Default Warrington's year

How great it is to see Warrington get turned over by Cas.
    Following a 'best performance of the round' from Saints!

It must be their year...............!

Banned

Come on ffs, it's a bit embarrassing this. It's round 1 and they lost - so what? They'll be up there come the end of the season barring a disaster.

All this "it's always their year" crap is getting well past it's sell by date.

Learning All The Songs

I'm amazed that people can tell the way a season is going to go from the first game.

Hill cleaned out O'Brien no doubt in my mind. Poetic justice.

Starting A Programme Collection

I absolutely love it ! I love how Charnley had a shocker I love how Lineham got snotted and i loved listening to Price and his drivel at the end !

Leigh must feel confident at staying up after watching them this aft !

2022 could be their year COYS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Come on ffs, it's a bit embarrassing this. It's round 1 and they lost - so what? They'll be up there come the end of the season barring a disaster.

All this "it's always their year" crap is getting well past it's sell by date.
    Oh it isn't... It really isn't. Not when they have scumbags like Lineham, Hill and Charnley playing for them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Oh it isn't... It really isn't. Not when they have scumbags like Lineham, Hill and Charnley playing for them.
    Oh I'm more than happy to abuse and ridicule them. I just think repeating the same over and over is getting a bit boring. I like something along the lines of "not in your lifetime", more truthful and vindictive IMO.

Got A Season Ticket

Oh I'm more than happy to abuse and ridicule them. I just think repeating the same over and over is getting a bit boring. I like something along the lines of "not in your lifetime", more truthful and vindictive IMO.
    Phil Clarke said in the first couple of minutes commentary of the hudds v Hull game something along the lines of "if we are going to have a club winning super league who has never won it before then in reality it's going to come from one of these two". Probably true but made me chuckle nonetheless.
    Last edited by Scrum Down; 28th March 2021 at 21:34.

Banned

Just a pity the scum and perennial jammy bast*rds Leeds sneaked wins.

Got A Season Ticket

I thought Steve Price interviewed well at the end, refused to blame the ref. I despise Warrington but I’ve generally thought Price always comes across pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Charnley was terrible. Delighted. Can't stand them

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Hill cleaned out O'Brien no doubt in my mind. Poetic justice.
    Hill’s clumsy (when he’s not being dirty) and looks well passed his best now.
    Warrington look a very dangerous team but aren’t clinical enough, for whatever reason. I hope Price stays on all year but i can see him going before then.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Charnley was terrible. Delighted. Can't stand them
    Getting skinned by Jordan Turner is not one for the highlight reel.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Hill’s clumsy (when he’s not being dirty) and looks well passed his best now.
    Warrington look a very dangerous team but aren’t clinical enough, for whatever reason. I hope Price stays on all year but i can see him going before then.
    Ironically the winning coach may be with them next. You wonder why.

Banned

... and most importantly, realistic.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think 99% of wire fans don't consider or say this is going to be their year, they have so many false dawns over almost a decade now they are running out of enthusiasm. What is worrying for them is thay they have too many players "over the hill" now with not enough yound players coming through, if Powell does take over he is going to have a major rebuild on his hands.

Banned

Strange as it sounds the last 10 to 15 years have perhaps been Warrington RLFC best years. They have had spells before when they have been trophy winners and near the top of the league but I cant recall or research a period of such elongated relevance by our noisy neighbours.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    I thought Steve Price interviewed well at the end, refused to blame the ref. I despise Warrington but I’ve generally thought Price always comes across pretty well.
    To be fair the way they played even Price isn’t dumb enough to bring any bad decisions into the equation.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Massively disappointing performance in what has been a great round of games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Massively disappointing performance in what has been a great round of games.
    Virtually an exact replica of a lot of your games last season.

You look clueless and one dimensional in the opposition 20 which is a surprise with 2 top class half backs.

Down to tactics or is the player ‘chemistry’ not there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Strange as it sounds the last 10 to 15 years have perhaps been Warrington RLFC best years. They have had spells before when they have been trophy winners and near the top of the league but I cant recall or research a period of such elongated relevance by our noisy neighbours.
    I agree. When I first started watching the game in the mid-80s Wire were no great shakes but they'd had a decade or so where they were at least competitive, with a couple of John Player trophies and a couple of Lancashire Cup wins. But they weren't one of the top dogs and for me they were behind Widnes (let alone Wigan) in terms of our big games. Fast forward 35 years and Wire are unrecognisable from that era. They are regarded as one of the big 4 or 5, they've won 4 Challenge Cups in the last dozen years, finished top of the league twice in that time and have had some of the best players in the comp. This just might be as good as it gets for them, because historically this is a golden period for the club.

If we're measuring true success in league titles and Challenge Cup wins then this is the best decade or so they've had since the ten years after the war when they won 3 titles and 2 Cups. They then went over half a century between 1955 and 2009 winning just 1 major trophy, so what they've done since 2009 has been very good based on their modern history. And of course, if the lesser pots like the County Cup, JPS and Premiership were around now they'd have likely won a few of them in the last decade or so and would have had a really good haul of trophies to compare with any era in their history.

Everyone is keen to ask when Wire will finally achieve their 'potential' but maybe they already have. Maybe winning a few trophies and being the nearly men is as good as it gets for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I agree. When I first started watching the game in the mid-80s Wire were no great shakes but they'd had a decade or so where they were at least competitive, with a couple of John Player trophies and a couple of Lancashire Cup wins. But they weren't one of the top dogs and for me they were behind Widnes (let alone Wigan) in terms of our big games. Fast forward 35 years and Wire are unrecognisable from that era. They are regarded as one of the big 4 or 5, they've won 4 Challenge Cups in the last dozen years, finished top of the league twice in that time and have had some of the best players in the comp. This just might be as good as it gets for them, because historically this is a golden period for the club.

If we're measuring true success in league titles and Challenge Cup wins then this is the best decade or so they've had since the ten years after the war when they won 3 titles and 2 Cups. They then went over half a century between 1955 and 2009 winning just 1 major trophy, so what they've done since 2009 has been very good based on their modern history. And of course, if the lesser pots like the County Cup, JPS and Premiership were around now they'd have likely won a few of them in the last decade or so and would have had a really good haul of trophies to compare with any era in their history.

Everyone is keen to ask when Wire will finally achieve their 'potential' but maybe they already have. Maybe winning a few trophies and being the nearly men is as good as it gets for them.
    You’re forgetting the Captain Morgan Trophy.

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    You look clueless and one dimensional in the opposition 20
    You could say similar about us at times to be fair

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    To be fair the way they played even Price isn’t dumb enough to bring any bad decisions into the equation.
    There were plenty of bad decisions, but as he made them there was no way Price could say anything