Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Great Start

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Field out for 5 months apparently. If Hastings does go that’s them left with Smith and Leuluai for halves.
    Throw some money at Widnes for Matty Smith?

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I reckon its going to be a good season. Plenty teams have made good purchases and it should be very competitive. The biggest question mark probably hangs over Wigan. I think they massively overachieved last year. They do have some good youngsters but are at a real crossroads with O’Loughlin retiring and the Hastings rumours. Anyway, i think we’re still the team to beat.
    Wigan for me seem to see Bateman as the new Messiah now O'loughlin has gone. Their game plan on Friday seemed to be, "Give it to Bateman and let him get us out of this mess." He is a class player but over reliance on him will make them predictable and knacker him much as it did O'Loughlin.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Wigan for me seem to see Bateman as the new Messiah now O'loughlin has gone. Their game plan on Friday seemed to be, "Give it to Bateman and let him get us out of this mess." He is a class player but over reliance on him will make them predictable and knacker him much as it did O'Loughlin.
    They've been watching too much SKY! Now they believe the hype!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Yep no doubt. I like Bateman but it was a bold move promising him the marquee spot if he ever returned to Wigan. Fair enough they have freed up some cap money booting Burgess and O’loughlin retiring but still. Wigan have some promising youngsters but we know better than any club how things can go either way with promising youngsters. If Wigans youngsters stall they could easily turn into a one man team. It could be Bateman running around carrying a bunch of kids who, A. Aren’t yet ready. Or, B. Not good enough.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yep no doubt. I like Bateman but it was a bold move promising him the marquee spot if he ever returned to Wigan. Fair enough they have freed up some cap money booting Burgess and O’loughlin retiring but still. Wigan have some promising youngsters but we know better than any club how things can go either way with promising youngsters. If Wigans youngsters stall they could easily turn into a one man team. It could be Bateman running around carrying a bunch of kids who, A. Aren’t yet ready. Or, B. Not good enough.
    If they over play Bateman as well , his shoulder injuries may begin to resurface as well if hes being expected to take on a big work load.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Wigan spell him over the course of the season. Bit like the last guy to wear the '13 shirt for them.