JB&B Leach Banner
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Luke Tommo

  1. #1
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Luke Tommo

    Not seen any NRL games as yet how is Luke doing at the Doggies?

  2. #2
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Two games in and he hasn't made the 17 as yet. Not sure if there's an injury involved though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,639
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Not seen any NRL games as yet how is Luke doing at the Doggies?







    Idont think he was picked

  4. #4
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    4,540
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I think heís suspended.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    249
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think heís suspended.
    Yes. That's just jogged my memory.

    He got done for an eye gouge in the final round of last year


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,656
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    He's too busy arranging a removals van back to Blighty, and negotiating with both Wire and the scum for returning to SL.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  7. #7
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,919
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think heís suspended.
    Yep got 4 games. He'll walk into their starting team when back, not least because the Bulldogs were little more than a joke last season and seem to be faring little better this season even given they had recruited some better players this year. It did make me laugh when he was doubted by some of their fans because he was ill suited to their plodding, one dimensional rugby that is 10 years out of date when the reality is Thompson has come from a system of much faster rugby at St. Helens.

  8. #8
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,656
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Yep got 4 games. He'll walk into their starting team when back, not least because the Bulldogs were little more than a joke last season and seem to be faring little better this season even given they had recruited some better players this year. It did make me laugh when he was doubted by some of their fans because he was ill suited to their plodding, one dimensional rugby that is 10 years out of date when the reality is Thompson has come from a system of much faster rugby at St. Helens.

    The Bulldogs were an odd choice for Thompson.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  9. #9
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The Bulldogs were an odd choice for Thompson.
    Agreed. However Iíve no idea who else was in the running and for what money so itís hard to comment but I canít see the Bulldogs being any near the playoffs this year or next. If he proves himself in the NRL though when his contracts up heíll only be 28 so would be well placed for a move to a better club if the Bulldogs havenít improved.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  10. #10
    Starting A Programme Collection Mike Stephenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    769
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Agreed. However Iíve no idea who else was in the running and for what money so itís hard to comment but I canít see the Bulldogs being any near the playoffs this year or next. If he proves himself in the NRL though when his contracts up heíll only be 28 so would be well placed for a move to a better club if the Bulldogs havenít improved.
    I think they've started to make some strong signings to add to Thompson- they've got Cotric this year & I think they've confirmed Addo-Carr for 2022, but I don't see them making the finals either, this year at least. They've Lost the first two games of the season, so isn't looking good.

    You do wonder how Thompson is feeling about the move, though you don't know if anyone else was in the market for him as you say.


    Regards,

    STEVO

  11. #11
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I don’t think Canterbury was a particularly bad choice of club. They’re going through a transitional period and have made some decent signings on paper for this year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  12. #12
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h-bomb View Post
    Two games in and he hasn't made the 17 as yet. Not sure if there's an injury involved though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Serving a four match ban

  13. #13
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Can't remember myself but did he ever pick up a ban or card whilst at Saints?

  14. #14
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,665
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Can't remember myself but did he ever pick up a ban or card whilst at Saints?
    Quick google search brings up a 2 match ban for a shoulder charge against Catalan in 2016. I have a vague recollection of us being up in arms about that one as it was barely a penalty offence and yet Thompson got a 2 game ban just before we were due to play Wigan.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •