Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Out Of Your League Podcast

Default Out Of Your League Podcast

Not everyone’s cup of tea but there are interviews with Greg Inglis, James Child and a Kyle Eastmond.

I quite like listening to podcasts when I am commuting and anything to do with RL in this fallow time is great for me.

Does anybody know any other podcasts (Excluding Sky and TalkingwithTK as I already listen to them?)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Not everyone’s cup of tea but there are interviews with Greg Inglis, James Child and a Kyle Eastmond.

I quite like listening to podcasts when I am commuting and anything to do with RL in this fallow time is great for me.

Does anybody know any other podcasts (Excluding Sky and TalkingwithTK as I already listen to them?)
    Behind the athlete.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...RjYXN0L3Jzcw==

Bloke in a bar (ex NRL player Denan Kemp)
    BBC Radio 5 RL- Dave Woods
    The Matty Johns podcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Agree completely, Eastmond was good this week, he admits he was a young lad at Saints and probably didn't know how to handle things in as many words.

Child was interesting also - a different perspective and came across quite genuine

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Agree completely, Eastmond was good this week, he admits he was a young lad at Saints and probably didn't know how to handle things in as many words.

Child was interesting also - a different perspective and came across quite genuine
    What annoyed me about the Eastmond one was that Will Perry had a clear agenda it seems over racism. Eastmond didn’t seem fussed and clearly didn’t see it as a problem but Perry badgered him anyway.

He’s a bit of a bell is Will Perry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Cheers Rogues. Excellent so far

OOYL is terrible. I can put up with Flanagan but Wilkin & Perry are beyond irritating.

Bloke in a Bar (Denan Kemp) is decent from an NRL perspective. The Minichello one is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post

I haven’t listened to The EASTMOND one yet, I used to play amateur with his uncle Tyrone who was also a doorman and could REALLY handle himself..... Kyle went to Radcliffe School and played in the same team as my little cousin at my old amateur club Oldham St Anne’s and was always head and shoulders above everyone in the team but seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. I wouldn’t want him back at Saints however I do think it’s a bit unfair to keep judging him on behavior a decade ago when he was essentially still a kid.

If I met the 21 year old me I’d think I was a right obnoxious tw4t......

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    OOYL is terrible. I can put up with Flanagan but Wilkin & Perry are beyond irritating.

Bloke in a Bar (Denan Kemp) is decent from an NRL perspective. The Minichello one is excellent
    It’s 3 mates clowning around. Doesn’t bother me either way if I’m honest, although I accept they are childish at times.

Got A Season Ticket Jack Reacher's Avatar

Six tackles with Gus is excellent.

Noooobie

I'd recommend Rugby Reloaded presented by Tony Collins.They are mostly 10 minutes long, although sometimes longer. They cover a wide range of topics and are very good on the history of the game.

Got A Season Ticket

High performance podcast is good as is Brett Finch uncensored

Couple worth a listen

13-ProAm
    live on Spreaker streams on Spotify

https://twitter.com/13Pro_Am

https://open.spotify.com/show/4tIrq4...TXOjsTca9jNQWw

Forty-20

Stream on a variety of platforms inc YouTube.

https://twitter.com/Forty20LIVE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5S...SUSDaDYG4f5Mqg

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

3 blokes and a Rugby League podcast is ok listening. But I think they are all wakefield fans. Had Agar on not to long ago. His interview was interesting.

OOYL. That Will fella is a full scale whopper.

He always has an agender.

With Inglis is with mental health - then asked some really stupid questions.

With Child is was about his Sexuality. He even said "i dont want to take the whole podcast up about it" ...then spent 35 mins of the 60 min podcast asking questions about it. The actual bit about his Reffing career was really interesting. The again , stupid questions at the end.

Its almost putting me off listening to any more.

Plus, I'm not impartial to bit of industrial language, but his just doesnt seem to fit the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post

That’s quite good. Listened to the Jackson Hastings one today, you know the one where he says that he doesn’t have anything to go home (Australia) for anymore.......

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    OOYL. That Will fella is a full scale whopper.

He always has an agender.

With Inglis is with mental health - then asked some really stupid questions.

With Child is was about his Sexuality. He even said "i dont want to take the whole podcast up about it" ...then spent 35 mins of the 60 min podcast asking questions about it. The actual bit about his Reffing career was really interesting. The again , stupid questions at the end.

Its almost putting me off listening to any more.

Listened to the latest one yesterday with Michael Lawrence (who came across well but wasn’t given mich opportunity) and it was literally an hour of listening that could have been summed up in 20 minutes. “How was racism growing up? How was racism playing league? Is it racist that John Barnes and Paul Ince arent coaches in football (I assumed it was because they both made a hash of it whilst coaches and assistant coaches at Celtic and Blackburn respectively?)

Apparently It’s racist for your nickname to be Bruno (all credit to Michael Lawrence for crushing that one by saying it was a black lad who gave him the nickname because he LAUGHED like Frank Bruno......) and Rugby League is racist because Huddersfield is full of Caribbean’s who don’t go to the match.... (even the comment sounded massively out of touch and uneducated) this tripe undermined the point Lawrence was making about casual (rather than overt) racism that people don’t realise they are committing and the lack of representation in the sport from minorities that could be improved by putting the sport into more schools.

Racism exists in every walk of life, every job, every sport and every town unfortunately, but Rugby League is without doubt the most inclusive sport out there, where we don’t stand for discrimination against racism, sexuality or disability....

Last chance next week for this podcast as far as I’m concerned. I want to hear them big the sport up, not knock it down and I want them to let the interviewee speak, not have words put in their mouth or have the presenters agenda thrust upon them.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Listened to the latest one yesterday with Michael Lawrence (who came across well but wasn’t given mich opportunity) and it was literally an hour of listening that could have been summed up in 20 minutes. “How was racism growing up? How was racism playing league? Is it racist that John Barnes and Paul Ince arent coaches in football (I assumed it was because they both made a hash of it whilst coaches and assistant coaches at Celtic and Blackburn respectively?)

Apparently It’s racist for your nickname to be Bruno (all credit to Michael Lawrence for crushing that one by saying it was a black lad who gave him the nickname because he LAUGHED like Frank Bruno......) and Rugby League is racist because Huddersfield is full of Caribbean’s who don’t go to the match.... (even the comment sounded massively out of touch and uneducated) this tripe undermined the point Lawrence was making about casual (rather than overt) racism that people don’t realise they are committing and the lack of representation in the sport from minorities that could be improved by putting the sport into more schools.

Racism exists in every walk of life, every job, every sport and every town unfortunately, but Rugby League is without doubt the most inclusive sport out there, where we don’t stand for discrimination against racism, sexuality or disability....

Last chance next week for this podcast as far as I’m concerned. I want to hear them big the sport up, not knock it down and I want them to let the interviewee speak, not have words put in their mouth or have the presenters agenda thrust upon them.
    I havent bothered listening to this weeks podcast. In fairness I didnt listen to the Masoe episode either.

Racism is something they are doubling down on. The Kyle Eastmond episode a few weeks back , Will was trying to imply that the RFU and Stuart Lancaster where not picking Eastmond due to Racism. Eastmond shot it down pretty much.

These conversations need to be had btw. Homophobia , rascism ect are all very real in todays society and its horrible. But that Will guy seems to make it trivial with stupid questions.

When I saw Lawrence was on, i knew deep down rascism would be brought up. Which is a good topic to talk about, but Will just puts me off listening cus I know it will be stupid questions.

Starting A Programme Collection

Changing the subject slightly, good to see that today's Google logo is of Clive Sullivan, the first black captain of any British Sports team, just goes to show that despite everything and accepted that some supporters did make racist remarks at the likes of Offiah etc in general our so called ignorant working class sport was the first to have top class managers like Roy Francis and captains like Clive Sullivan and race was no barrier

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

The Good, The Bad and The Rugby is worth a listen this week. Kevin Sinfield was the guest talking with Alex Payne and Mike Tindall. Spent the first half an hour or so talking about the 7/7 marathons and Rob Burrow and the rest was about Sinfield’s career and journey through rugby league from early ages. Thought it was fascinating to be honest, especially when he spoke about how he ended up at Leeds despite being an Oldham lad and then his journey into the first team. Also interesting to find out that Tindall was approached by Saints as a youngster as well.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

The Loose Forward Podcast

Give this a go. A new podcast, three episodes in. Good, informed but lighthearted chat about the game, and they are planning a special episode or two in the coming days with some idiot who wrote a letter a few weeks ago. Find it on Apple podcasts or via Google.
    Last edited by Gray77; 10th April 2021 at 01:03.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Latest Loose Forward podcast with Gray speaking about Wembley and the challenge cup.

https://looseforwardpodcast.podbean....olute-worldie/