JB&B Leach Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: England v ‘Exiles’ returns

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The squad announced including NRL and injured players for a one day meet up 200 days before the World Cup opener is nothing more than a publicity stunt.

    Farnworth has been playing well in a poor Brisbane side and had a good season last year as well. Can play both sides of the pitch at centre as well which could be useful with Percival and Gildart both injury prone.
    What injury prone Percival are you on about? Four out of the previous five years to 2020, he played at least 26 games each year.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  2. #27
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,654
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    What injury prone Percival are you on about? Four out of the previous five years to 2020, he played at least 26 games each year.
    Yes he did. Since then he’s had a recurring hamstring injury which required surgery and still might not be right given he’s currently still out after feeling ‘a twinge’ in round 1 plus a shoulder injury which also required surgery. That’s injury prone.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes he did. Since then he’s had a recurring hamstring injury which required surgery and still might not be right given he’s currently still out after feeling ‘a twinge’ in round 1 plus a shoulder injury which also required surgery. That’s injury prone.
    That’s not injury prone. That’s just harsh.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  4. #29
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Yes he did. Since then he’s had a recurring hamstring injury which required surgery and still might not be right given he’s currently still out after feeling ‘a twinge’ in round 1 plus a shoulder injury which also required surgery. That’s injury prone.
    Injury prone is Martyn or Wheeler who never played a full season.

  5. #30
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,638
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Injury prone is Martyn or Wheeler who never played a full season.


    Bit off to compare Martyn with Wheeler.

    Martyn played over 200 games for us across 10 seasons, 7 of which he played over 20 games. Yes, he had both knees reconstructed, missing the entire Centenary Season, and a few broken arms, but he was hardly injury-prone to a level that cost us - and his contributions on the pitch were immense.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  6. #31
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,163
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Injury prone is Martyn or Wheeler who never played a full season.
    Ridiculous comparison.

  7. #32
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post


    Bit off to compare Martyn with Wheeler.

    Martyn played over 200 games for us across 10 seasons, 7 of which he played over 20 games. Yes, he had both knees reconstructed, missing the entire Centenary Season, and a few broken arms, but he was hardly injury-prone to a level that cost us - and his contributions on the pitch were immense.
    I'm not questioning his contributions,what i am saying in context of this is that Percival has been called injury prone ( a player with a huge impact on how we play ) Martyn had a lot of injuries,never played a full season. A 10 year career with 211 games,that total should of been over 300. That is what i am saying,no question of his talent as there should be no question of Percival's

  8. #33
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,638
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    I'm not questioning his contributions,what i am saying in context of this is that Percival has been called injury prone ( a player with a huge impact on how we play ) Martyn had a lot of injuries,never played a full season. A 10 year career with 211 games,that total should of been over 300. That is what i am saying,no question of his talent as there should be no question of Percival's

    Sculthorpe made 261 in 11
    Long, 331 in 13
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  9. #34
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Sculthorpe made 261 in 11
    Long, 331 in 13
    And look at some of the abuse on here Scully got near the end.

  10. #35
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    4,638
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    And look at some of the abuse on here Scully got near the end.
    Thankfully, those sort of pillocks don't post these days.
    I f*cking hate wi*an. And rugby yawnion. And Tories. And Brexit f*ckwits.

  11. #36
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Thankfully, those sort of pillocks don't post these days.
    Very much agreed. So anyway back to the post I was replying to. Does anyone else other than the person I was replying to regard Percy as injury prone ?

  12. #37
    Starting A Programme Collection sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    31
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    His hamstring does certainly seem to be niggly.

    He has been out with it in '19, '20.

    He hasnt suffered with it again up to now but with his recent history i can see why he was rested if he could feel it pulling.

    I think hes more unlucky than injury prone.


    Maybe a better warm up / stretching to focus on the hamstring.

    If you watch Lomax in his warm up , he has different little movements which concentrate round his knees to get them warmed up better.

  13. #38
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,237
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Very much agreed. So anyway back to the post I was replying to. Does anyone else other than the person I was replying to regard Percy as injury prone ?
    His hamstring is a concern for me, yes. Pity as he's all class.

  14. #39
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    951
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    His hamstring does certainly seem to be niggly.

    He has been out with it in '19, '20.

    He hasnt suffered with it again up to now but with his recent history i can see why he was rested if he could feel it pulling.

    I think hes more unlucky than injury prone.


    Maybe a better warm up / stretching to focus on the hamstring.

    If you watch Lomax in his warm up , he has different little movements which concentrate round his knees to get them warmed up better.
    The guy just writes cheques his body is unable to cash. The Warrington match being a prime example...yes try to put a marker down in defence & smash the opposition but FFS don't pick their biggest player then try to do it on your own.

  15. #40
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    7,848
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    And look at some of the abuse on here Scully got near the end.
    After the way he played for us and lead from the front, people referring to him as "sick note" was about as low as this site goes.

  16. #41
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,163
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    After the way he played for us and lead from the front, people referring to him as "sick note" was about as low as this site goes.
    I can say with absolute confidence there's not one person on here who would say that to his face. The bloke is an absolute unit, if he told you to jump you'd ask him how high and then ask could you do anything else for him. Fortunately he only asked me what I was drinking.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 7th April 2021 at 13:10.

  17. #42
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    After the way he played for us and lead from the front, people referring to him as "sick note" was about as low as this site goes.
    Sick note was one of the nice ones as well. He was maybe the best player i have seen for us,had everything. Nice bloke to when you meet him.

  18. #43
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Macclesfield
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,993
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    The 2007 WCC was one of the most brilliant performances from a nowhere near fit player I've ever seen. Scully dragged us over the winning line that night, heroic performance.

  19. #44
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I can say with absolute confidence there's not one person on here who would say that to his face. The bloke is an absolute unit, if he told you to jump you'd ask him how high and then ask could you do anything else for him. Fortunately he only asked me what I was drinking.
    Besides the physical side of it, when he speaks he commands respect and awe. The first time I met him I was ready to follow him into the trenches without question!

    There are some absolute weapons on social media who aren’t fit to lace the boots of the under 9’s.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  20. #45
    In The South Stand Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    4,163
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Besides the physical side of it, when he speaks he commands respect and awe. The first time I met him I was ready to follow him into the trenches without question!

    There are some absolute weapons on social media who aren’t fit to lace the boots of the under 9’s.
    Absolutely. But a nice bloke at the same time which is a rare quality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •