Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Betting thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    To win? Might be worth a final score to round off the day.

edit - I still have a free bet with WH so topping it up and seeing where it takes me.
    To win. I also have a free bet with Laddies so best make use of that.

Banned

Also done a football treble. Arsenal, Spurs and Granada.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

She was looking good before she fell there, I was getting very excited!

Banned

It wasn't beating Mount Ida anyway.

I'm not sure it can stay on here beyond this week but we have a strong little group of punters here who could keep a decent 'off topic' betting thread going. I'll move this over at the weekend and we can keep it going if the desire is there to do so.
    Yeah good shout. Can use it for tips for football, RL and other sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I must admit, this thread went better than I thought, I thought it might be a none starter pardon the pun.

It's been good having a bit of horsey craic while watching it since none of us can go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I must admit, this thread went better than I thought, I thought it might be a none starter pardon the pun.

It's been good having a bit of horsey craic while watching it since none of us can go anywhere.
    Yeah was a good idea, nice one.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Yes I was expecting a puritanical sermon from some god fearer lol. Either that or some bleeding heart from Lame-bour to tell us some misinformed tripe they've heard from the deluded that are animal aid. Looking forward to another great day tomorrow.
    I must admit, I was tempted. Not that I have any strong feelings about horse racing (or eating horse meat!) , more for a wind-up than anything else.
    It's just that a good friend of mine works for Animal Aid. I would imagine that she would politely ask you what you're backing. The winner, or the first one to drop dead?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I must admit, I was tempted. Not that I have any strong feelings about horse racing (or eating horse meat!) , more for a wind-up than anything else.
    It's just that a good friend of mine works for Animal Aid. I would imagine that she would politely ask you what you're backing. The winner, or the first one to drop dead?

Politilogue had a nose bleed and was withdrawn so it's hardly like there's horses dropping dead all over the place.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Politilogue had a nose bleed and was withdrawn so it's hardly like there's horses dropping dead all over the place.
    Sure they didn't shoot it when you weren't looking?

Banned

The problem is the mumsnet community who live in some semi-detached house in Milton Keynes making judgements on things they have absolutely no knowledge of. Its refreshing that most people have celebrated the occassion but we've still got the odd idiot who has given up being a covid expert or a womans rights activits for a few days to have a pop when they most could'nt separate a picklock from a fetlock.

Got A Season Ticket

really enjoyed the thread

Learning All The Songs

Kemboy is a great each way bet at 20/1 for the gold Cup tomorrow. He has great recent form (winning the Irish gold Cup) & only just got beat by the favourite (A plus tard) the time before. Although the Cheltenham fences have found him out in the past he has started to win from the front recently so at least you will get a run for your money.

Banned

The problem is the mumsnet community who live in some semi-detached house in Milton Keynes making judgements on things they have absolutely no knowledge of. Its refreshing that most people have celebrated the occassion but we've still got the odd idiot who has given up being a covid expert or a womans rights activits for a few days to have a pop when they most could'nt separate a picklock from a fetlock.
    Mumsnet. let me and the boys loose. mind you we are all 58ish now so perhaps not.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Kemboy is a great each way bet at 20/1 for the gold Cup tomorrow. He has great recent form (winning the Irish gold Cup) & only just got beat by the favourite (A plus tard) the time before. Although the Cheltenham fences have found him out in the past he has started to win from the front recently so at least you will get a run for your money.
    I was looking at it earlier. I also noticed A Plus Tard had gone favourite.

A Plus Tard for me. Blackmore is the headlines already. Had Frodon E/W too as SkyBet paying 5 places

Banned

Done a Blackmore inspired Lucky 15 last night.

Fri 13:20

4 - Quilixios @ 2/1
    Win

13.20 Cheltenham: Triumph Hurdle - Money Back As Cash If Your Horse Finishes 2nd, 3rd or 4th (T's & C's Apply)
    Free to watch shortly before 13:20

Fri 13:55

9 - Champagne Gold @ 5/1
    Win

13.55 Cheltenham: County Hurdle - Paying 8 Places instead of 4
    Free to watch shortly before 13:55
    JockeyRachael Blackmore
    TrainerH De Bromhead
    Form42-2132
    Distance2m 179y
    EW Terms1/5 for the first 8 places
    See all markets

Fri 14:30

16 - Torygraph @ 11/2
    Win

14.30 Cheltenham: Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle - Paying 4 Places instead of 3
    Free to watch shortly before 14:30

Fri 15:05

2 - A Plus Tard @ 11/4
    Win

15.05 Cheltenham: Cheltenham Gold Cup - Paying 5 Places instead of 3
    Free to watch shortly before 15:05

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    A Plus Tard for me. Blackmore is the headlines already. Had Frodon E/W too as SkyBet paying 5 places

To me its no surprise; she has been a very good rider for at least a couple of years so this was a natural progression. The same with Hollie Doyle over the flat and to a lesser extent Josephine Gordon who I also think is a fair jock. I'm sure most of us recognise it but we'll have it been blasted to us as if we did'nt realise it and are caught in the pre-suffragette times.

Anyway Im looking for more outsiders over hurdles with a good record of making all as the comparatively drier ground has negated the stamina test and I'm letting heart rule head and backing Native River for the Cup.

Banned

To me its no surprise; she has been a very good rider for at least a couple of years so this was a natural progression. The same with Hollie Doyle over the flat and to a lesser extent Josephine Gordon who I also think is a fair jock. I'm sure most of us recognise it but we'll have it been blasted to us as if we did'nt realise it and are caught in the pre-suffragette times.

Anyway Im looking for more outsiders over hurdles with a good record of making all as the comparatively drier ground has negated the stamina test and I'm letting heart rule head and backing Native River for the Cup.
    I was looking for something different in the GC but I can't see Al Boum Photo and A Plus Tard getting beat.

I don't see the big deal with female jockey's although it's a good image for the sport I suppose.

13:20 - Adagio E/W at 14/1
    13:55 - Champagne Gold (win) at 11/2
    14:30 - Torygraph E/W at 15/2
    Gold Cup - A Plus Tard (win) at 10/3
    15:40 - Chameron (E/W) AT 20-1 (this is my wild fling of a bet for the day)

If I don't win a penny today I'm still up on the week, so chances are I win a few bob on at least one race. It's been an enjoyable week so far.

13:20 - Adagio E/W at 14/1
    13:55 - Champagne Gold (win) at 11/2
    14:30 - Torygraph E/W at 15/2
    Gold Cup - A Plus Tard (win) at 10/3
    15:40 - Chameron (E/W) AT 20-1 (this is my wild fling of a bet for the day)

If I don't win a penny today I'm still up on the week, so chances are I win a few bob on at least one race. It's been an enjoyable week so far.
    It’s funny but when AD started the thread I thought you would have moved it straight away to the Off Topic section.

You’ve ended up being one of the main contributors. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    It’s funny but when AD started the thread I thought you would have moved it straight away to the Off Topic section.

You’ve ended up being one of the main contributors. :-)
    I obviously got caught up in the drama and excitement ;-)

It was a valid point that AD made about it disappearing on the off-topic, because people don't tend to check it. So for a few days in the off-season it's doing no real harm in here, and it will mean people use it more in future once I move it. Kind of like sticking the niche documentary series on BBC1 for a week before sending it off to BBC4. People will remember it and try and find it. Start it on BBC4 and no sod cares! ;-)

Although I will admit I'm a big time charlie with the horses. I won't be on here asking for tips on the 14:30 from Wetherby most weeks, I'll probably stick to the big meets and the classics. But happy for you more committed horse racing enthusiasts to keep it going. The Euros and stuff like that will hopefully provide a bit of debate betting wise as well.

Banned

I obviously got caught up in the drama and excitement ;-)

It was a valid point that AD made about it disappearing on the off-topic, because people don't tend to check it. So for a few days in the off-season it's doing no real harm in here, and it will mean people use it more in future once I move it. Kind of like sticking the niche documentary series on BBC1 for a week before sending it off to BBC4. People will remember it and try and find it. Start it on BBC4 and no sod cares! ;-)

Although I will admit I'm a big time charlie with the horses. I won't be on here asking for tips on the 14:30 from Wetherby most weeks, I'll probably stick to the big meets and the classics. But happy for you more committed horse racing enthusiasts to keep it going. The Euros and stuff like that will hopefully provide a bit of debate betting wise as well.
    Same here, I tend to stick to the bigger meetings myself and do more football and RL bets week to week, although I do have a reasonable record on the turf.

That said though, if anyone has any tips or fancies, get them up, the worst you'll get is absolutely slated (like I do from TT) for giving out duff info'.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Same here, I tend to stick to the bigger meetings myself and do more football and RL bets week to week, although I do have a reasonable record on the turf.

That said though, if anyone has any tips or fancies, get them up, the worst you'll get is absolutely slated (like I do from TT) for giving out duff info'.
    I'm not a massive one for betting but have followed the thread, put my 1st ever horse racing bet on Kemboy £5 each way in the Gold Cup, still not entirely sure what that means! If I do bet it tends me be on the sports I know more about (football, RU, RL) so will continue to follow this thread if it does get moved over to off topic. My only good betting advice is for rugby union, always check the 1st and anytime try scorer odds for hookers and scrum halves, if they are good odds they are often worth a punt, especially hookers with the prevalence of tries from mauls off a lineout.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

I've stuck to my guns in the first and gone with Quilixos.