Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Betting thread

Banned

Default Betting thread

I know it's not RL related but would anyone have an issue with it being on the main forum for the duration of the festival and it be deleted afterwards?

I know we have the Off Topic Forum but it rarely gets used and I know a few on here like a bet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I know it's not RL related but would anyone have an issue with it being on the main forum for the duration of the festival and it be deleted afterwards?

I know we have the Off Topic Forum but it rarely gets used and I know a few on here like a bet.
    Good man; a good thread to chat about the festival. One of UK sport’s great events.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Good man; a good thread to chat about the festival. One of UK sport’s great events.
    It certainly is. I gave up tickets for the 2019 one as I was offshore and last year was a strange one. You had a look at the card yet? I think it will be the usual suspects tomorrow but Cepage looks brilliant value in the 14:30 and should go/stay well and I can't see past Shishkin but the first race is quite interesting, I quite fancy Metier to throw an upset and get the backers off to a start.

Not into horse racing but crack on by all means. All good

Banned

It certainly is. I gave up tickets for the 2019 one as I was offshore and last year was a strange one. You had a look at the card yet? I think it will be the usual suspects tomorrow but Cepage looks brilliant value in the 14:30 and should go/stay well and I can't see past Shishkin but the first race is quite interesting, I quite fancy Metier to throw an upset and get the backers off to a start.
    I quite like this Grump Charley at a big price in the first race ew. I agree Shishkin should win his race; the main issue for me is what the Elliot horses do that have gone to de Bromhead and Mullins. It will be difficult to keep those horses right, especially being moved so close to the festival as any change to food, routine etc can throw a horse out.

Anyway Im staying clear of race 3, if you’re confident of your angle get on it and always back your own judgement. In race 4 I like Epetante at 4s which i guess will narrow and Her Indoors anotger progressive type I like in race 5. Im not massively up on jump racing these days as Im flat is my bag. Keep an eye out for a horse called Frantastic over that mode and try to snag it AP for the Derby when its eventually priced.
    Last edited by eddiewaringsflatcap; 15th March 2021 at 22:16.

Got A Replica Shirt

Just wondered if anyone can help if i want a bet do i have to open an account online with the shops closed used to only having a 20 30p lucky 15 is this allowed online etc or is it a minimum bet of 5 pounds sorry for the dinasour question but any advice sould be grateful

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JPA1975 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone can help if i want a bet do i have to open an account online with the shops closed used to only having a 20 30p lucky 15 is this allowed online etc or is it a minimum bet of 5 pounds sorry for the dinasour question but any advice sould be grateful
    If you open a new account with any of the big boys you ll get a free bet, usually depedent on tour stake and / or the value of your first bet. Thereafter the likes of Ladbrokes, Hills etc accept small stakes (minimum 5p or thereabouts) but they’ll generally want your yankee, lucky 15 etc to value over £1 in total.

Got A Replica Shirt

cheers for that will have a look at hills and laddys ��

Banned

Grumpy Charley and Aye Right: E-W Double. Rogues Gallery is always looking for "double carpet"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Grumpy Charley and Aye Right: E-W Double. Rogues Gallery is always looking for "double carpet"
    Brilliant lol!

Banned

I quite like this Grump Charley at a big price in the first race ew. I agree Shishkin should win his race; the main issue for me is what the Elliot horses do that have gone to de Bromhead and Mullins. It will be difficult to keep those horses right, especially being moved so close to the festival as any change to food, routine etc can throw a horse out.

Anyway Im staying clear of race 3, if you’re confident of your angle get on it and always back your own judgement. In race 4 I like Epetante at 4s which i guess will narrow and Her Indoors anotger progressive type I like in race 5. Im not massively up on jump racing these days as Im flat is my bag. Keep an eye out for a horse called Frantastic over that mode and try to snag it AP for the Derby when its eventually priced.
    I've put my free bet on Cepage and also like Epitante, just got that on boosted to 17/4

Got A Season Ticket

I agree it's a fantastic few days all though my bank balance usually takes a hit!
    Metier 13.20
    Pym 14.30
    Are the two I've done today

Default Cheltenham thread

I went in 2019. Hospitality freebie, outstanding day. There were 3 of us and we paid for a car to take us, £100 each and the driver waited there and obviously brought us home. Best thing was we could have ale from a cool box with no issues.

That and my bets was my only spend, obviously everything else was free.

I’m on the Sky Bet money back as cash for the first race, I’m on Metier but also have an E/W on Grumpy Charley, far too big a price for an 8 runner field.

Also have an E/W L15 with Captain Guinness, Honeysuckle, Happygolucky and Busselton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I went in 2019. Hospitality freebie, outstanding day. There were 3 of us and we paid for a car to take us, £100 each and the driver waited there and obviously brought us home. Best thing was we could have ale from a cool box with no issues.

That and my bets was my only spend, obviously everything else was free.

I’m on the Sky Bet money back as cash for the first race, I’m on Metier but also have an E/W on Grumpy Charley, far too big a price for an 8 runner field.

Also have an E/W L15 with Captain Guinness, Honeysuckle, Happygolucky and Busselton.

It is a great day out and horse racing is a national treasure more than a few in parliament don’t appreciate because its another subject for the wine quaffing, Islingdon mob to bleed the hearts over. Royal Ascot is another belter too.

Banned

Agreed, I've had a few cracking days out at Cheltenham, usually in the Best Mate enclosure that can be more like being at a match than the racing and also enjoyed a bit of hobnobing too. My mates Dad used to do a mini bus from Haydock, stop off about 10 miles away for a breakfast in a pub, game of skittles and a few jars.

As for today, so far I've backed:

Metier
    Shishkin/Allmankind RevF
    Cepage
    Epitante

I'm undecided what to do with the Arkle, I can't see Shishkin getting beat.

I'm going to see how things pan out from there.
    Last edited by Angry Dave; 16th March 2021 at 10:22. Reason: Francesca Cumani's legs

Banned

Load of shite so far.

Load of shite so far.
    Class apart both those winners. Ended up having £20 on Shiskin, at least it gives me another £10 in the pot.

Banned

Class apart both those winners. Ended up having £20 on Shiskin, at least it gives me another £10 in the pot.

Absolutely. That cart horse has just saved the bookies from a kicking. Hopefully Epitante can do likewise now.

Banned

I think Honeysuckle had gunpowder up it's arse.

Banned

My donation for the 15:40: Roksana

My donation for the 15:40: Roksana
    I’m on that but the way the day has panned out, Concertista will hose up

Banned

I’m on that but the way the day has panned out, Concertista will hose up

Jumped 4 & 3 out like Isabraq

Jumped 2 & 1 like a ••••head climbing a fence.

I've done the Fav' in the next, if that doesn't come in it will be the first time in years I've not had anything on the first day.

I doubt I'll be bothering with the last either way

Jumped 4 & 3 out like Isabraq

Jumped 2 & 1 like a ••••head climbing a fence.

I've done the Fav' in the next, if that doesn't come in it will be the first time in years I've not had anything on the first day.

I doubt I'll be bothering with the last either way
    For some reason I never really bother with the last two races each day.

I’m on Bob Olinger in the first race tomorrow with Sky Bet money back again. It’s a free hit

Starting A Programme Collection

For some reason I never really bother with the last two races each day.

I’m on Bob Olinger in the first race tomorrow with Sky Bet money back again. It’s a free hit

Not into racing but come on to see the anti gamble police give you all a hard time 😂 No entertainment for me on here surprisingly so I’ll love you and leave you ! Good luck

Banned

Poor day and no returns, but a good day watching it.